• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX for Switch ships 300,000 units in Asia

http://www.ace-sec.co.jp/
300,000 in Asia with 200,000 coming from Japan.

For those who can't read Japanese (see translation)
V8894VZ.png

luulubuu

Y'all failed the test.

Capcom cancelling the World. This is over, only Monster Hunter Stories for you

watershed

Banned
I still don't understand what Capcom is doing with MH on the Switch. Maybe this game will eventually sell through it's 300k shipment but it feels like a cheap throwaway entry compared to MHW. What future does MH have on Switch?

Going by famitsu Japanese shipments would be closer to 250k as of last week

05./01. [NSW] Monster Hunter Double Cross: Nintendo Switch Ver. # <ACT> (Capcom) {2017.08.25} (¥5.800) - 27.289 / 122.262 <40-60%> (-71%)

(that 40-60% figure is how much of the shipment has been sold)

z0m3le

Banned
I still don't understand what Capcom is doing with MH on the Switch. Maybe this game will eventually sell through it's 300k shipment but it feels like a cheap throwaway entry compared to MHW. What future does MH have on Switch?

Ask again when World's sales are known. If World is wildly popular with 4m sales, it could mean they ignore Switch and keep with this dirty deal (rumored but only thing that makes sense to me) with Sony, or it crawls past 1m and MH5 is announced for Switch at year end meeting with Capcom board members

PantsuJo

World could arrive on Switch because the game is developed with MT Framework (the same of all previous MH), as some Gaffer explained me.
Maybe months after the PS4/XONE/PC release, I don't know.

If World won't arrive on Switch, prepare for a lot of spin-off/side games like MH Stories, for example.

I don't think MH brand will leave Nintendo systems soon.

Mediking

Not having this near Switch launch in NA and EU was so dumb of Capcom. Missed out alotta cash.

Well, we got SF2 instead. Lol

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
USF 2 sold less than 500k and was a hit for Capcom...check how much their HD Remasters of Resident Evil and Co. sell on PS4/XBO and see with what numbers per Anno they are satisfied with.

This is a good result prior to the Holidays.

We are a little salty, aren't we?

With the cross-platform option it's a late multi platform release of XX. Not the worst idea for the end of the Generations line.

Zedark

Going by famitsu Japanese shipments would be closer to 250k as of last week

05./01. [NSW] Monster Hunter Double Cross: Nintendo Switch Ver. # <ACT> (Capcom) {2017.08.25} (¥5.800) - 27.289 / 122.262 <40-60%> (-71%)

(that 40-60% figure is how much of the shipment has been sold)
Dengeki data is out, MHXX Switch at 92k (sell-through ratio: 55%).

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/584/1584963/

They also have Switch at 80k?!
So yeah, seems like the must have delivered extra shipments since launch for that to be true, although it seems strange to restock when sell through is 60%-80% otherwise?

jonno394

MH (in Japan) will keep on selling for the forseable -well at least until MHW- so these 200k will be sold and more will be needed.

Goalus

The next "smash hit" after Ultra Street Fighter 2?
No sarcasm here, this is a splendid result! With some legs, I can see it reaching 500k.

Zedark

The next "smash hit" after Ultra Street Fighter 2?
No sarcasm here, this is a splendid result! With some legs, I can see it reaching 500k.
Do keep in mind that actual sell-through is at 110k-125k atm in Japan out of 200k (or more) shipped, so it would very significant legs to reach 500k in the end.

cw_sasuke

Do keep in mind that actual sell-through is at 110k-125k atm in Japan out of 200k (or more) shipped, so it would very significant legs to reach 500k in the end.

In 3 months there will be more than twice as manyy Switches in households compared to now. This title was always meant to stick around - it will be the stay best current portable MH solution for a while.

Mafro

I don't understand what Capcom are doing with the Switch full stop.

cw_sasuke

These expectations were never confirmed to be directly from Capcom.

And it obv. met those expectations. If they expected to ship 300-500k by 31.March 2018.....being at 300k in less than a months is quite telling.

Not really for a Monster Hunter game, at all.

Compare it to Capcom's own internal expectations, not any other outside perception. They expect 300k-500k shipped in Japan by the end of next March. They're at 200k two weeks in.

That's a very good start on a console with a constantly growing install base and a holiday season coming up.

Top Bottom