• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone actually answer the door? Do you answer it blind?

Moze

Banned
Why would you answer the door? Who knocks on your door in 2017? You don't need to answer to anyone.

Why should I answer the door?

Is there anyone who actually feels calm about somebody knocking on their door? Stop knocking on my door. You're up to no good by knocking on my door.

I refuse to believe anybody feels calm when they hear the door knock. Do you answer the door blind?

Kas

I do, because our door has no peephole.

Only the police, delivery people, and my asshole neighbor knocks on the door.

Acorn

I'll look through the eyehole. It might be someone I give a fuck about, probably not but still.

liquidtmd

Banned
Why would you answer the door? Who knocks on your door in 2017? You don't need to answer to anyone.

I don't know why reading this made me laugh out loud but it did

Taking 'it's 2017, does X really still happen' to fantastic new wonderful levels

Yes used to be always but 99% of the time I'm pissed that they are there and I ensure they don't repeat visit.

What kind of question is this? Of course you answer the door when someone knocks.

Why? Anyone I give the slightest fuck about would either text or email me.

I recently moved my office and I can see who is at the door like 18 inches away through the window. I just stare like a creep at sales people now until they leave. It's fun.

i live in northen sweden so yes i open the door blind. last year i forgot to lock the second door to my house like the whole summer. no problems here.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
I always answer a door knock, of course!

FTMItbD.gif

corn_fest

Absolutely not. Same shit with random phone calls. Not a number in my contacts? They'll leave a voicemail if it's actually important.

What. Of course I open the door. That's how that process works, you knock on the door I then proceed to open the door.

We're gonna need a sticky on how to operate as a human being soon.

Morat

Banned
I'll answer my flats intercom if the hour is reasonable, sure. If it is the Jehovas Witnesses or similar I just tell them I am not interested.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I live in an apartment building with my co-workers, so if someone is knocking on my door it's either a delivery I know is coming or it's someone I know from work. Whether I answer the second category depends on my mood, state of undress, or if I'm dickdeep in a game and don't want to be interrupted. Most recently my wife and I have been playing breathe of the wild and have refused to answer our door a couple of times because we don't want to stop playing.
Anyone important who needs our attention can just message or call anyways.

When in the US I answer our house door. Even if it's witnesses or generic Christian pushers, I answer and tell them to leave me be from now on.

When I was living in Argentina in the early 2000's though I never answered the door. It was always either someone trying to rob you or someone trying to attack you then rob you. Kids, adults, police, everyone who knocked on our damn door seemed to be up to no good.

Hylian7

Wtf why are so many of you rude about answering the door?!

During the daytime I generally do, usually looking through the peephole first. 99% of the time it's either a friend we were expecting, or UPS/FedEx/Amazon delivery guy.

I usually answer the door because I don't live in a post apocalyptic hellscape. Sometimes I even forget to lock it at night. For some reason I am still alive.

Kieli

I used to always open the door. And I used to always get burned by solicitors of donations, productions, services, and whatever.

So I started ignoring them.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
*door is knocked*

Step 1. Turn down volume of TV.
Step 2. Stop moving around so that you don't make any accidental noises.
Step 3. Stay away from windows in case they decide to see if someone's home.
Step 4. ???
Step 5. goodbye realworld.png.

Wow, quite surprised at some of the answers.

I do answer the door unless I'm too tired. It's almost always the laundry guy, security telling me the car isn't locked or the water bill.

F34R

I always ask "Who is it?" while looking at my security cam. If they aren't holding weapons lol, I answer the door to everyone. I can see if anyone is with them, even around the corner of my house, etc.

Even if it's someone I know I'm not interested in, I open the door, let them do whatever it is they're doing, and politely tell them I'm not interested.

Top Bottom