• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pete Hines says denying existance of unnanounced Bethesda game "was a joke"

Recently Pete Hines said Bethesda had an announced game that would release this year. In a Tweet after that he said to ignore what he said:

I probably just had a concussion from the beating I took online and was rambling. Ignore.

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/905578031867158528

Now, he's again saying they do have a game coming out and that his tweet saying they didn't "was a joke".

I'm positive I knew what I was saying in the interview. The tweet was a joke I was making to MrMatty

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/906498057398886401

So it seems Bethesda do actually have an unannounced game supposed to be coming out this year. I find his denial as a "joke" sort of scummy really, there was nothing to suggest that the overall meaning of the previous tweet wasn't serious even though the reason obviously was.

robrueda

Just to clarify, he's saying that is not true that a non-announce game that he says is not coming in fact was false?

Venfayth

Bethesda PR is as hardline as it gets. If he slipped up it makes sense he's going to run the company line on it.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Tomorrow: Pete Hines reveals that clarification of joke tweet was, in fact, a ruse, and there is no new Bethesda game on the horizon.

Rymuth

tenor.gif

Just to clarify, he's saying that is not true that a non-announce game that he says is not coming in fact was false?

Yes, he's saying that when he said to ignore what he said about the game (meaning "ignore that i said we had an unannounced game") that was actually a joke - so his original comment about having an unannounced game is true.

Patryn

God, are you there? It's me. Please have them announce TES: VI soon. Thanks.

Not a chance. Isn't there all indications they haven't even started on it? They're not that large a studio and all indications are they're currently working on Starfield.

I honestly don't expect TES VI until the next console generation. Probably around 2025 or so.

Fallout Shelter 2 or something similar. I would be surprised if it was anything other than a mobile game. Still it's nice to want things.

AAMARMO

Banned
It most likely one of these things:

Skyrim or Fallout 3 port for the New iPhones iOS 11.

Or

Fallout 3 or 4 port for Switch.

Sotha_Sil

They announced 3 AAA games with less than 6 months advance notice, I think they've already gone far enough off the deep end this year.

Khalme

Neo Member
Prepare for more Gamebryo jankiness.
If it's another open-world game, I'm still gonna play it but the jankiness and dull writing are starting to outweight the "wow, so much to explore !" factor.

So yeah, probably a port.

DOOM on Switch seems logical but I don't think there's been a single hint of that. Fallout 4 on Switch has been rumored on a bunch of retail sites but I thought some of those were confirmed to be fake?

Who knows, can't be too long now before we find out.

Steroyd

So the not yet announced game that he acknowledged the existence of and told us to ignore was a joke.

Okay... I think... My head hurts.

So the not yet announced game that he acknowledged the existence of and told us to ignore was a joke.

Okay... I think... My head hurts.

Him telling us to ignore it was a joke, meaning there actually is a not yet announced game slated for release this year.

At least that's how I read the OP.

Top Bottom