• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Layers of Fear: Legacy Edition announced for the Nintendo Switch

JoeLT

It runs at about a solid 10FPS on Xbox One it’s almost as bad if not warse than Ark performance wise. I fear for the performance on Switch. Terrible devs.

I do remember hearing about the framerate problems. That said, it's playable at TGS so we'll see how this holds up. I wonder if they'll use HD Rumble.

-Horizon-

I've seen it on sale on PSN a bunch but always held off on getting it because it's a horror game.
But portable version? I think I might actually get it. Harder to scare me on a smaller screen lol
I have to wonder if this is their test game before considering possibly porting Observer over too.

Mutant

It runs at about a solid 10FPS on Xbox One it's almost as bad if not warse than Ark performance wise. I fear for the performance on Switch. Terrible devs.

It seems like the trailer is using Switch footage, and it's running smoothly so hey maybe it'll be fine? v(o_o)v

Also maybe this means the Switch will get Observer eventually as well.

It runs at about a solid 10FPS on Xbox One it’s almost as bad if not warse than Ark performance wise. I fear for the performance on Switch. Terrible devs.

Oh really?

That was a Game with Gold so I was planning to play that version.

I wonder if the Switch has any new content aside from possibly bundling the DLC content.

They made one of the best games this year. Great devs!

Looking at their new game and wanting it made me want to play their old game as well.

Keinning

game runs like ass on X1

they need to do a serious job here

its fun enough tho. can see some good ideas. just never touch the dlc

Game ran like shit on PC, and according to posts in this thread, it ran even worse on consoles. Gonna run even worse on the Switch.

I loved the game and all, but this doesn't make much sense to port to Switch. Like $20 for 4 hours of content and no replay value.

They made one of the best games this year. Great devs!
Their games run like shit though. Observer's no exception.

It is very much like Gone Home, but with a larger emphasis on straight horror rather than simply just building tension. If you have an urge to do narrative archaeology via rummaging around inspecting various objects, then this is for you. It is a good game.

Alienfan

The developers games run great... On PC. None of their ports to console have run well, so I wouldn't get too excited.

M3d10n

Since they are forced to update to a newer Unity version in order to get the game on the Switch there's a chance it won't run like crap.

MazeHaze

Banned
Man, this game was pretty cool for the first 20 minutes or so. After that it just rinses and repeats itself. Wasn't very scary either because there really isn't a fail state. I remember performance being pretty bad on PS4 too.

And holy shit was the DLC bad. The main game is at least compelling enough to finish, but the DLC is like all the worst parts of Among the Sleep rolled into one and dipped in boring juice. I think I was close to the end of it and I remember thinking "what the fuck am I doing? I should just stop playing this" and I uninstalled the game.

One of my closest friends beat it twice. I asked his opinion. He says it's like PT in so much as it is a psychological horror walking game with little interaction, but a great story to experience. He said that, if I was ok with that(which I totally am), he totally recommends it.

MazeHaze

Banned
One of my closest friends beat it twice. I asked his opinion. He says it's like PT in so much as it is a psychological horror walking game with little interaction, but a great story to experience. He said that, if I was ok with that(which I totally am), he totally recommends it.
I don't think there's any universe where I would use "great story" to describe this game. More like, vague outline of a story kind of hinted at.

That looked good. No idea what the gameplay is but it looks like the presentation will be good!
You basically walk around trying to find random things to click on in order to unlock doors and progress.

Atmospherically it's pretty awesome, but the gameplay is pretty frustratingly bad.

Top Bottom