• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata passes 2 million shipments + downloads

DKHF

Just announced on Twitter with an image.

https://twitter.com/NieR_JPN/status/910787458421235712

DKPETqOVoAAMLqr.jpg

It passed 1.5 million in May. SteamSpy places PC sales at 585K +/- 22K. The last number Media Create gave for Japanese PS4 version sales without digital is 352,096 copies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is 2m good or low?

Square Enix noted it was already notably above expectations when it hit 1 million copies.

Obviously it's kind of a different product category from something like Final Fantasy XV though, which has shipped 6.5 million copies so far.

Theswweet

If, 3 years ago, you had told me we'd get a Platinum developed Nier sequel that would end up getting near-unviersal acclaim and sell fantastucally (to the point of saving Platinum), I would've called you insane.

What a rollercoaster 2017 has been for gaming.

Espada

Is 2m good or low?

This is the sequel to a tiny, niche game that reviewed poorly and sold terribly. The fact that it even exists is a miracle. NieR: Automata crossing the 2 million mark is a tremendous accomplishment for them. Yoko Taro, Platinum, and Square Enix must be overjoyed.

Not enough profit to pay a few hundred dollars for the hours of work it would take to patch the PC version though.

I've long abandoned the idea that they'll ever fix it. Square Enix owe me and every other 780 owner a game as far as I'm concerned. Scumbags.

Ascheroth

Not enough profit to pay a few hundred dollars for the hours of work it would take to patch the PC version though.
Don't worry, Business Division 6 is currently hiring people for something NieR related. Probably looking for someone that can set-up a GoFundMe page so they can pay Platinum for a patch.

I regret buying the game on PC. I enjoyed the first two endings but all the bugs and performance issues killed it for me. Also the combat was a huge letdown for me.

If it's 600k on Steam, then I guess it's around 1 million or less on PS4.

I'm not an expert on average shipment/sold-through percentage.

FWIW, as far as I know the Kepler bug was patched by Nvidia in some driver release.

I haven't tied it since that patch (My PC motherboard has totally died on me since), but the comments on the Steam forums lead me to believe nothing has changed as it still seems to be crashing every 10 minutes for everyone.

DKHF

Aannnddd that's why Nier now has its own Business Division.

Nier Remaster incoming.
It getting its own business division was a mistake on my part, it just now has its own recruitment page (the only Business Division 6 series with one for now).

Kanann

Saito "DQXI NX sure, why not?"

Switch devkit arrived.

Saito "Shit"

--------------------------------------------

Saito "If Nier A success beyond expectation, Nire remaster will come.

It's success.

Saito "Shit, not again."

If it's 600k on Steam, then I guess it's around 1 million or less on PS4.

I'm not an expert on average shipment/sold-through percentage.

I'm not an expert either but your proposed scenario of half a million copies still on store shelves seems rather...improbable to me.

Ascheroth

As said, Steam is sold through not shipped.

Also, most console game publishers would do anything to achieve 30% of sales from Steam.

It's actually pretty good all things considered (delay, imperfect port, etc).
And the chinese localization debacle and pricing (and the chinese market on Steam is getting huge).

Top Bottom