• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD WW2 (4K, HDR on Xbox One X)

OEM

call-of-duty-ww2-box-art.jpg

Source WC

Could it be just upscaled? Lock if old

I didn't expect anything less, but it's nice to have confirmation! Can't wait to see how it looks/performs on the One X.

HDR was great in the PS4 Beta.

Is PS4 Pro checkerboard or 1440p? Looked really sharp.

I wonder if the One X will be checkerboarder too.

All this tells me is that itll have xb1x improvements tbh.
And isnt hdr there in all versions?

Edit: lol this reads like a fanboy's blog. Why is he so pissed about that marketing deal....

Certinty

If it's true 4K and not dynamic then dayum!

I mean Infinite Warfare on the PS4 Pro is dynamic 4K and even that is one of the best looking games this gen.

Sirhc

Neo Member
HDR for better brown shades, cool.

Is this cover art for real? So cluttered and its not even a goty cover yet. And does that say you get a whole 2 xp or is that meant to be 2x xp?

Tapejara

HDR for better brown shades, cool.

Is this cover art for real? So cluttered and its not even a goty cover yet. And does that say you get a whole 2 xp or is that meant to be 2x xp?

I'm pretty sure the "pre-order for 2X XP!" thing is just for those empty promo boxes you see in store shelves. The actual box art should be this:

RdN

Really hoping for true 4K on this one, specially because it's not particularly a looker.

Let's see how it goes.

Is this going to be a standard thing going forward?

From the Digital Foundry article XB1 is getting multi-disc support in the future. Likely, once implemented, you'll see some games shipping with an additional install disc rather than requiring a download.

Bsigg12

What do you mean by support multiple discs?

As in just like the 360 where games come on a couple of dvds?

Yea. They'll be able to split the game across multiple Blu Ray discs and allow games larger than 50GB to ship complete on multiple discs and not necessarily require a 50GB or more download like Forza 7.

EvB

Yea. They'll be able to split the game across multiple Blu Ray discs and allow games larger than 50GB to ship complete on multiple discs and not necessarily require a 50GB or more download like Forza 7.

They already support multiple discs. Just nobody wants to do it as it costs $$$

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
the enhanced tag is the bigger deal, its going to stand out from the pro with better textures.

I think that's a given, and you're right, but the PS4 Pro has a label system as well, it is just on the back of their boxes "PS4 Pro Enhanced". For an example, on the back of Horizon Zero Dawn's box. Let's not pretend Sony doesn't label their game boxes as enhanced.

I think that's a given, and you're right, but the PS4 Pro has a label system as well, it is just on the back of their boxes "PS4 Pro Enhanced". For an example, on the back of Horizon Zero Dawn's box. Let's not pretend Sony doesn't label their game boxes as enhanced.
PlayStation supposedly is taking strides to cut down on the confusion.

I have no idea if this has actually come to fruition since I don't buy physical copies but there at least has been an attempt.

Bsigg12

They already support multiple discs. Just nobody wants to do it as it costs $$$

Sure but I don't believe the system was very conducive to devs actually splitting it up across discs. With the new chunk system, it'll be much easier for it to work with things like Xbox One X assets or optional languages on the additional disc to maximize what they get on the first disc.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/14/xbox-one-intelligent-delivery-free-up-hard-drive/

Here are a few ways that could be prove to be super useful. For FIFA games where the download is largely taken up by all of the various languages supported by the game, users would be able to delete all of them except the language they need. Another example -- players with Xbox One consoles wouldn't have to download all of the 4K assets used by X consoles, which they wouldn't need because their system doesn't support them anyway. And further, for games like Call of Duty, players that only want to focus on either single-player or multiplayer modes, can delete the one they aren't using and then reinstall it whenever they want to use it.

Additionally, Intelligent Delivery will support games on multiple discs, with the primary disc holding all of the necessary data and additional ones (up to 15 total) carrying extra data chunks that players could add in as needed. Right now, Microsoft is only supporting two discs, but game developers wanting to use more can work that out with the company on a case-by-case basis.

N21

What? Lol

I agree, with Halo 5 is enough.

/topic

''Requires content download'' mmmm.

What the hell is this lol

Yeah bruh, only the tightest and hottest games on the X. None of this babby COD crap.

LMAO

So edgy

The series performance has been horrible on XB1 since the marketing rights changed hands and this game won't change that. If you can prove me wrong, I'll retract my comment.

m23

The series performance has been horrible on XB1 since the marketing rights changed hands and this game won't change that. If you can prove me wrong, I'll retract my comment.

Performance? As in sales? Or are you talking about the games themselves?

N21

Performance? As in sales? Or are you talking about the games themselves?

Performance as in frame-rate(resolution isn't that bad), I'll get this game on PS4 but I have no faith in the XB version.

BOIII did very well on Xbox One
if the game is good, it will do well
if not, it won't

pretty easy

Bsigg12

Performance as in frame-rate(resolution isn't that bad), I'll get this game on PS4 but I have no faith in the XB version.

The base Xbox One is factually weaker than a PS4, of course it's going to run worse.

The Xbox One X version will be the best console version simply in terms of performance.

You don't think the most powerful console will have the best version of this game? Why? It's been the case for literally every one of these this gen.

The PS4 Beta on Pro was native 2880x1620. Seems hard to believe they got 2160p on X, but not impossible. Maybe it will be dynamic on both consoles at release, who knows.

of course. games won't get smaller with better assets

can't be said enough
but it's still 2160p so no 1440k CBR or just up to 1440k dynamic or any other resolution below that
1440k?

Head.spawn

This thread is about Xbox One X though and the odds of what you're saying being true in this case are pretty damn slim.

Wasn't Infinite Warfare native 4k most of the time on Pro? I don't see why this wouldn't be 4k on XB1X.

It was dynamic 4k and could scale down to checkerboard 1560p for performance. Still pretty impressive.

Due to the Xbox One being an objectively weaker console. But the X is the objectively stronger one compared to any PS4 on the market, so why would this be a concern unless you're referring to the Xb1s?

FZW

All this tells me is that itll have xb1x improvements tbh.
And isnt hdr there in all versions?

Edit: lol this reads like a fanboy's blog. Why is he so pissed about that marketing deal....

Why doesn't it bother you? it's a disgusting practice. They refer to the Xbox as 'other console' it's pathetic. I understand you have to market your product for Sony's platform but this seems petty and stupid.

The PS4 Beta on Pro was native 2880x1620. Seems hard to believe they got 2160p on X, but not impossible. Maybe it will be dynamic on both consoles at release, who knows.

1440k?

thanks
fixxed it

native 2160p is 77.7% more pixels than 2888x1620
could be the possible imho. but that is clearly the upper limit for additional power we could expect from the One X over Ps4 Pro

the Jump from 720p to 1080p is 125% more pixels
the Jump from 900p to 1080p is 44% more pixels
and the Xbox One X is stronger than the Ps4 Pro compared with Ps4 over Xb1

Top Bottom