• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot has sold over 2.5 million copies worldwide!

Foxxsoxx

Woah!

crash4f04b.gif

Cess007

That's a lot of broken boxes.

Congratulations Crash fans, even when the game does nothing for me, I'm happy for you guys!

Kalor

I thought it could do well but I didn't expect that it could reach this level. Some kind of sequel is inevitable now.

Zedark

2.5 million is pretty fucking Nsane for a remake of these games! Shows that yes, there is demand for this type of games despite what publishers tell themselves.

Well deserved. Easily one of the best packages in gaming this gen. Three great remakes (stupid collision physics aside) for 40 bucks.

I think that price had a little something to do with the sales.

_woLf

But remember, Rare won't bring back any of their famed franchises unless they think of ways to ruin them.

This is great to see. CTR and Spyro next please.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I thought Crash wouldn't sell

?/!.&&@@@@vvb!???

2,5 million people that realized that the games aren't good after the initial nostalgia wore off. Damn.

Sensible chuckle.gif

I'm still amazed people didn't think this would sell huge numbers. A Spyro collection won't do anything near this, but I'd definitely appreciate it.

Returning to old franchises would be "the worst thing for Rare to do," according to studio head Craig Duncan.

"If I went and said to Rare, 'hey, go remake all of the stuff that was kind of successful at the time but make it up-to-date,' I don't think it would be good, and I don't think it would be relevant, and I don't think people would really want it. I think they might think they do, but I don't think they would."

Rare is dumb, Now look at Crash selling so well.

Yukinari

But remember, Rare won't bring back any of their famed franchises unless they think of ways to ruin them.

This is great to see. CTR and Spyro next please.

If Rare went with their original idea of remaking Kazooie it would be a major selling point for xbone/PC.

Elfstar

Returning to old franchises would be "the worst thing for Rare to do," according to studio head Craig Duncan.

"If I went and said to Rare, 'hey, go remake all of the stuff that was kind of successful at the time but make it up-to-date,' I don't think it would be good, and I don't think it would be relevant, and I don't think people would really want it. I think they might think they do, but I don't think they would."

Rare is dumb, Now look at Crash selling so well.

The problem is that the audience for their old games is on Nintendo consoles, not Microsoft ones.

Joke's on me because I never really thought Crash had that kind of pull or impact over the years, but I didn't really start playing PS1 until 1998 (and Crash 3 came out that year I think?).

Top Bottom