• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I overreacting about my girlfriend?

sanstesy

I've been with her for almost 2 years now and me and her agree that we fit together like Mario and Peach. I've never had a relationship with someone this comfortable, open-minded and just overall respectful in every aspect. It couldn't much better. Like when Bowser kidnaps her and tries to cuck me she straight ditches him.

So now imagine you go out to the club with your friends and get really drunk. Like a little too much. You're on the dancefloor poppin' with your girl plus friends and everyone is dancing with everyone here and there. No problem if me or she dances with someone else in the group because we all know each other very well. Inbetween, one friend in my group talked to a completely unrelated dude on the floor and after a while he seemed a little interested in my girl not sure she was alread taken. Though it seemed he got the message and went off to go on dancing somewhere else - suddenly your girl goes off to that exact dude not even approaching her at all and starts dancing with him for around 20 sec. Afterwards she then grabs some other random dudes arm, dances with him with for 20sec and comes back to us and dances with me again as nothing happend. I don't know why she did that and she is too aware to not know that he was interested in her when he was dancing with us.

The bigger problem is though, that this happend in a similar fashion one month ago. Then it wasn't something to break up over as we afterwards then discussed it, told her that I didn't like it and peacefully moved on. At both instances we were pretty drunk to a point that it's too much but that it keeps happening like this doesn't work with me. Similary it seems silly to break up over something that only happens when we are too high on alcohol. But we both love to go out and party regularly.

I'm not sure how to handle this situation. Confused and generally conflicted is my first reaction.

Kthulhu

Talk to her OP. Let her know it made you uncomfortable.

I'm sure she was just trying to have fun. I doubt she'd try and hook up right in front of you.

Zertez

Sounds like she wanted to get your attention and make you a little jealous. Unless she was grinding in the guy, I wouldn't read too much into it but definitely give her some attention.

wandering

Banned
Like when Bowser kidnaps her and tries to cuck me she straight ditches him.

latest

Fat4all

Banned
I've been with her for almost 2 years now and me and her agree that we fit together like Mario and Peach. I've never had a relationship with someone this comfortable, open-minded and just overall respectful in every aspect. It couldn't much better. Like when Bowser kidnaps her and tries to cuck me she straight ditches him..

stare.gif

Since you were both quite drunk you are definitely overreacting. Seems silly to try to break up over something like what happened there.

Mario hasn't even asked Peach out yet. But maybe it will change this October 27 when Super Mario Odyssey hit store shelves and eShop for $59.99 or your local currency pricing.

psyfi

Banned
Express you concerns to her, but just don't be controlling about it. Tell her that it made you jealous, nervous, insecure, or whatever else it made you feel. Just don't guilt her or tell her what she can and can't do -- that's not your place.

lmao yeah same

Artanisix

I've been with her for almost 2 years now and me and her agree that we fit together like Mario and Peach. I've never had a relationship with someone this comfortable, open-minded and just overall respectful in every aspect. It couldn't much better. Like when Bowser kidnaps her and tries to cuck me she straight ditches him.

WutFace.png

HeySeuss

Sounds like she's probably banging dudes behind your back. Alcohol brings out the true person. Ditch her quick brah

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Next time you're at the club, get up right before she leaves and go do the same thing. That way she gets jealous of the girl you're dancing with.

I would brush it off. False accusations can cause trust issues and this could create a much larger problem.

Edit: I say this because the younger/teenage me would have caused an outright fight and we would have broken up already. I'm still immature about this sort of thing, but I have also learned that life is too short to be so concerned all the time.

vern

She danced with two people for 20 seconds each. She didn't suck their cocks for 20 seconds. She danced.

Yes you are overreacting.

PixelatedBookake

Are you still drunk, OP?

JCHandsom

-unironically uses Mario and DiD Peach as a metaphor for their relationship like it's a good thing

-uses cuck non-sarcastically

-Makes GAF thread over a minute of dancing, tops (what, did you time it or something?)

stopitgetsomehelp.gif

I've never had a relationship with someone this comfortable, open-minded and just overall respectful in every aspect.

If this is how you're reacting to such a non-event, I have trouble believing the quoted.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Wait so were they dancing like Mario in Just Dance 3? Or like on the Super Mario Brothers Super Show intro? Help me understand here, put it in Mario terms I can understand.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Prediction: much like the Switch's battery life this relationship won't be lasting much longer.

You come off a touch possessive here, bro. Re-evaluate why you are feeling this way. You're not at punch-out-the-barista-for-smiling-at-her territory yet, but you need to examine this jealousy.

The fact that you have to ask if something this stupid and benign is overreacting tells me that your relationship is not as healthy as you think it is.

You ok over there OP? Because you sound like you treat your girlfriend like property.

Top Bottom