• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Blade Runner 2049 impressions

Nibel

y7CI3vN.gif

All hail King Villeneuve

epmode

Having ignored practically everything about this film, I assumed it was going to be garbage. This thread was a nice surprise.

Sounds fucking great. Absolutely cannot wait.

#BladeRunner2049 is real sci-fi filmmaking. It makes the new Star Wars films look like live action LEGO movies.

This is dumb. Star Wars isn't going for the same thing as Blade Runner, not even remotely. Nor do I even understand what the "live-action Lego movie" dig is supposed to tell me... Because The Lego Movie is a fucking masterpiece.

GavinUK86

Wow. Sounds amazing. Blade Runner is such a masterpiece, I'm glad it seems like DV has done the impossible and made a good sequel.

This is a pretty solid group of initial impressions via a sampling of the enthusiast press.

Deakins is finally getting his Oscar this year. Been feeling like that since he got announced.

(then again, I always feel like that)

Courage

Cautiously optimistic. Villeneuve is a bit hit or miss for me, but everything I've seen or heard about this sounds good.

This is a pretty solid group of initial impressions via a sampling of the enthusiast press.

Deakins is finally getting his Oscar this year. Been feeling like that since he got announced.

(then again, I always feel like that)

Deakins confirmed to not only not get his Oscar this year, but be taunted by the Oscar Meyer Twitter and Weinermobile

sflufan

Banned
Absolutely glowing, breathlessly hyperbolic early impressions from "film bloggers" of a highly-anticipated film?

I'm shocked...SHOCKED I tell you!

Sounds fucking great. Absolutely cannot wait.

This is dumb. Star Wars isn't going for the same thing as Blade Runner, not even remotely. Nor do I even understand what the "live-action Lego movie" dig is supposed to tell me... Because The Lego Movie is a fucking masterpiece.

Be happy he didn't call it "the Citizen Kane of Sci-Fi movies"

Mahonay

Banned
Any good critics in there?
I'm curious too. These "first impressions" are usually extremely hyperbolic and not a great indication of how good the film actually is.

I really want this movie to be great (and it sounds like it is), but keeping my expectations in check.

Hopefully the reaction leads to great reviews. Everything prior, including an interview with Villeneuve had me worried that it was going to get mix reception and not do well financially, but this is very encouraging. The detective drama aspect could turn the film off for some people though, and it needs to do a lot to be successful, since its budget is so big. Fingers crossed that the reviews are actually superb.

Yeah that's just a critic probably being pretentious as all fuck.

Top Bottom