• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley for Nintendo Switch |OT| Starving for a Harvest

Cerium

4gXVdwC.png

Vl9y2s1.png

DlaoKyY.png

TkUDfiG.png

OVS0uC6.png

E6X08jz.png

3Si9O5F.png

ryushe

Finally! My patience has paid off. I finally get to see what all the fuss is about on a platform perfect for this type of game.

Awesome OT btw

Fliesen

great OP as always, Cerium.

I assume no touch controls on Switch? - to that i would like to add that, with the release of the PS4 version, the dev tweaked console controls quite a bit in the following updates. So if you didn't like playing the game on PC with a controller, the experience should be a bit better now.

also:
no lies detected.

Gala

I can't wait to grab this game tomorrow! Will be the game on my daily commute for the next year!

czk51

Was hoping for a Switch OT! Will be staying up until midnight (NZT) to grab this. I've held off from getting the PS4 version so this is my first SV experience.

Robin64

I've actually held off playing this on PC just so that when I get it on Switch it's my first experience too. Very excited.

Amiibro

awwww so excited for this, I have been putting off playing this game till Switch. I already bought it on PS4/PC. Rest of this week is gonna be filled with farming!

Robin64

15 hours and 40 minutes from this post in Europe. Not sure about America, sorry, but it will be a few hours later.

I'm down with double dipping on Stardew but I gotta know something I didn't know in my first playthrough: What are the best skill perks to have?

Zebei

Stopped my PC playthrough because it was taking up too much time. Was originally going to go back, but the Switch version is extremely enticing. Really just depends on if there are control problems like people had with PS4 release.

And im disappointed Sam's description does not include "Super Saiyan"

Teletraan1

Banned
It is going to sound weird but I just realized I am buying more games on Switch because I like the feel of the split/detached joycons for a lot of games. So relaxing to just sit there in a normal resting position but still have controllers in your hands. My only gripe is that they are a bit small and I say that as someone with average sized hands. Going to pick this game up after not really liking how it felt with a controller when I tried it on PC when it launched.

Having not played Stardew Valley, Haley looks like she's going to be my go-to girl.

I'm not going to pick this up until the multiplayer mode is added, which has been pretty rough because the game looks great.

Finally get to play this. Loved the black-cart Harvest Noon on the GBC, haven't played much of the series since and didn't like the visual direction it took so I'm really glad that this has been the success it has.

Any non spoiler tips for the beginner?

ghibli99

It is going to sound weird but I just realized I am buying more games on Switch because I like the feel of the split/detached joycons for a lot of games. So relaxing to just sit there in a normal resting position but still have controllers in your hands. My only gripe is that they are a bit small and I say that as someone with average sized hands. Going to pick this game up after not really liking how it felt with a controller when I tried it on PC when it launched.
Not weird... a lot of folks feel the same way.

inner-G

Banned
Might try this out. (Anyone know if SNES controllers work on switch if you have a USB adapter?)

Hope I can cheat on Hayley with Abigail.

Top Bottom