• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hitman content to be revealed October 24th

Link.

DLc7Zs_WkAIL6xO

Looking Ahead: Save The Date!

Mark this date on your calendars: October 24th. That’s the date when we will reveal brand new content for the game.

We’re going to let the announcement itself do all the talking, but there is one thing we want to clarify before then; this upcoming content is not “Season 2”. We’re saying that now to keep expectations in check.

So, save the date, let’s hope it doesn’t leak and we’ll see you there!

/ Travis

Wasn't expecting to hear anything from these guys any time soon, what with all the business wrangling recently, so this is a lovely surprise whatever it ends up being.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yay! I’ll support them. Got a bit annoyed with some of the business practices revolving around bonus content and communication in the original S1 release, but I’m going to blame that on SE and give them slack. Really was GotY 2016.

Rymuth

I was just watching the Superbunnyhop Hitman retrospective, haha.

Edit: I hoped it's Season 2 but apparently, it's not.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Not Season 2? Well I feel like acknowledging that means Season 2 is still happening...

Maybe a Halloween event or something?

F4r0_Atak

After seeing that logo and that man's pose ... and with Halloween coming soon, I'm guessing it's gonna be cult-related.

Fisty

Bought Season 1 Complete after they went indie, still haven't played the game. They should put out more stuff that I can buy and not play for a few years lol

I am getting some major Heaven's Gate (look it up youngsters) vibes from this. Maybe the target is a suicidal religious cult leader?

xviper

if the game wasn't episodic, it could have been one of the best games of this generation

everything i wanted from a Hitman game is in Hitman 2016, but they fucked it up with the episodic shit

lets hope they cancel the idea of seasons and release a full game at once

Hitman Blood money remains the king, could have been followed by Hitman 2016 if it was a full non-episodic game

after MGS V, every stealth game has become shit in comparison, MGS V killed the genre for me, Hitman 2016 is the only stealth game i loved even after MGS V

MUnited83

For you.
if the game wasn't episodic, it could have been one of the best games of this generation

everything i wanted from a Hitman game is in Hitman 2016, but they fucked it up with the episodic shit

Hitman Blood money remains the king, could have been followed by Hitman 2016 if it was a full non-episodic game

after MGS V, every stealth game has become shit in comparison, MGS V killed the genre for me, Hitman 2016 is the only stealth game i loved even after MGS V

It is the best game of this generation, and episodic made it better, not worse. Whiners like you can just wait untill all the stuff is out.

I'll continue to say in every Hitman thread that the episodic release made it better.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing whatever this is.

The episodic nature of the game is the reason it had such a long shelf life. If everything had dropped last March, people would have rushed through everything and it would have fallen by the wayside. The episodes kept it in the rotation and ultimately lead to it having better word of mouth.

I played way more Hitman than I would have if it was just a full release at the beginning.

Johndoey

Banned

The episodic format was one of the best things about the original release. Appreciated the time to test the limits of every map and scenario.

Akai__

With the quality that they have put out so far, this is probably an instant buy.

Hoping for a theme park and/or an airport scenario. The OT had those 2 (and many others) as recommendations and I like them the most.

Bring it on IO Interactive !!!

Rosur2a

Looks like Halloween themed level, which would be cool.

I also hope a tease towards season 2 though I do see Paris games week/ PSX being announcement for that.

Yeah, the episodic nature of Hitman was amazing. I bought the game in full and I wish I bought each episode instead. This format worked better being episodic due to the amount of content each level has.

Top Bottom