• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some good resources to look into

Conjo

Banned
Stepping naked into a shower with a friend qualifies as assault when said friend wants no part of that interaction. Just an FYI.

"No" means "no", people. And the lack of a proper "yes" also means "no". Common sense but hey

72634f401110143be5bb66eddb97f7b5.png

so what is going on here

Said friend had a relationship with the "assaulter" right after that.

Let me tell you a story about what happens when someone pushes someone into situations they don't want to be in, relives it in their head over and over, and has their current relationship shattered. Where do you turn?

Everyone keeps saying this shit, but they have zero context as to what it's like being on the other side.

deli2000

Patronizing with a heaping dose of virtue signaling. This is the kind of shit that has made OT insufferable at times.

Wow, look at all the amazing discourse that NewGAF is bringing us. So rational! So informative! So reasonable! So moderate!

What a fantastic post to make in a thread educating people about sexual harassment.

FunkyMonk

Patronizing with a heaping dose of virtue signaling. This is the kind of shit that has made OT insufferable at times.

Providing resources to help women suffering abuse and assault is patronising and virtue signalling*, really?

So this is the direction GAF is going in these days, bodes well.

* I don't think you know what that term means to be honest.

Socreges

Banned
Thank you for your efforts, yyzjohn. It is important that people in need have access to, and knowledge of, such resources.

Wow, look at all the amazing discourse that NewGAF is bringing us. So rational! So informative! So reasonable! So moderate!

What a fantastic post to make in a thread educating people about sexual harassment.

Damn straight. Banning someone for posting some resources about consent, resources that you would get AT ANY COLLEGE ORIENTATION, is ludicrous.

How long does Evilore have to circle the bowl before he gets flushed?

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I've seen that phrase used more in the last 24 hours than I every have before on GAF. Along with a lot of unironic use of "SJW" and "Snowflakes."

It's clear where things are headed community-wise if it keeps up.

Yeah, I've been content to wait about a week and see what things are like when the smoke clears... The initial fallout doesn't inspire confidence.

Jebusman

Banned
How many times can you ban and unban someone in a single thread?

Like is this an internal power struggle of whether or not to ban someone?

Top Bottom