• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sad Animal Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Story of a mother and son's shared experiences in Animal Crossing.

The YTMND is a translation of the original korean webcomic.

I think it deserves its own thread.

fmcato

I'm still wondering if I should disregard this as some made up story or piece of viral marketing or just type some crying face. Any info?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The story was written by a member of IGN boards (yeah I know, credibility -10) and it was illustrated by ONESOUND from thisisgame.com.

True or not, it's a touching story.

The full comic if anyone wants to save it.

Amir0x

Banned
If it's fake it's not touching at all. Just pointless, dumb and serves to illustrate my point that Animal Crossing is only good for evil.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That was really beautiful. Somehow I feel really nice, rather than depressed. It seems like the guy who made it is in a good place... Handling his mother's death well. Kudos.

Kuran

Banned
I'd cry if I wasn't at work or emotionally blocked.

PS, it looks like that Totoro wants to eat Flo's Felyne!

JDSN

Banned
Is that the one were the mom dies and the son finds some gifts in his mailbox a few months later?

Yeah, its old and yet it still gets me.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Amir0x said:
If it's fake it's not touching at all. Just pointless, dumb and serves to illustrate my point that Animal Crossing is only good for evil.

Tss, tss, you won't fool me Amir0x...

EDIT : The Thai ad...is moving too...

Enoch

I liked this when I first saw it however...

Don't you receive mail from "Mom" in the game? I mean, unless the mother in this story named their character something other than mom this could just be the game sending presents.

Even still, its a nice YTMND.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Reminds me of that Christian propaganda story that you're taught when you're a kid. Might be true, probably isn't. There was a boy who wanted a car for his 18th birthday, him and his dad would go out and look for cars and crap, and when his birthday came his dad gave him a Bible instead of the car. The kid threw the Bible at his dad and ran out of the house and never talked to him again. The dad passed away many years later and at the funeral the mom came up to the son and handed him the Bible he got when he was 18. The kid looked at it, opened it up, and in it was an envelope with a check for the price of the car he wanted. Dated on his 18th birthday.

I like to think that the mom found an old check, filled it out, and put it in there to fuck with the kid. ;P

Bit-Bit

joshcryer said:
Reminds me of that Christian propaganda story that you're taught when you're a kid. Might be true, probably isn't. There was a boy who wanted a car for his 18th birthday, him and his dad would go out and look for cars and crap, and when his birthday came his dad gave him a Bible instead of the car. The kid threw the Bible at his dad and ran out of the house and never talked to him again. The dad passed away many years later and at the funeral the mom came up to the son and handed him the Bible he got when he was 18. The kid looked at it, opened it up, and in it was an envelope with a check for the price of the car he wanted. Dated on his 18th birthday.

I like to think that the mom found an old check, filled it out, and put it in there to fuck with the kid. ;P

Hahahaha, awesome interpretation man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom