• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF @ Law and Order SVU last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

Another cliffhanger ending, I thought I had enough of them from video games this month. Give me a damn verdict, that bitch was lying! :(

element

dude!! I screamed at the TV when it went to the dudes face, then 'Executive Producer Dick Wolf', I was so pissed!!

I think the girl was crazy. And the poll on nbc.com is 64% innocent for the dude, 18% saying guilty, and 18% saying need more info. She was a basketcase.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, that pissed me off. She was lying though, she pointed the finger at anyone with a penis. So there is doubt in my mind, I'd vote innocent.

Memles

I watched the last few minutes on CTV, waiting for The Amazing Race to start, and when it faded out, I was pissed, and I didn't even know anything about it. Damn cliffhangers.

On a related note, meet the star of "Law and Order: SUV"!!

3941208.jpg
durango-dodge.jpg

http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=24824

Azala

The only thing worse than a cliffhanger is a cliffhanger you will never know the end to! I doubt they have any intention of finishing the episode. It pissed me off as well.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I had a feeling they'd do that. Good episode though, well acted and the beginning was something different for a change. And I think that it WASN'T cut & dry who was lying -- as the DA said in her closing arguments, why would she put herself through all that if she wasn't telling the truth? They never established that the prof. was going to ruin her career or anything, so she didn't have any motive to "destroy" him. I like that they left it open.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I thought it was great. The ending isn't what's important. It's the lead-up, the investigation and the evidence that was important, and I thought it worked pretty well. Which way the jury goes on a fictional program isn't that interesting. What's interesting is why it would even be questionable.

I thought it was a lame mish mash of half ideas and unanswered questions, leading to a heavy handed "life isn't always black and white" message that is hilarious coming from a franchaise like Law and Order, which presents black and white cases of guilt or innocence every week except this one.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I would disagree with that. Most SVU episodes have a lot of grey area, with different views of guilt/innocence before the law and then in terms of basic morality. I find the show often stresses that things are complicated and that neither the law or morality is black and white.

dabig2

There are members on this site, maybe even browsing this now, that were literally just BORN when this thread was made.

Nice necro bump.

The "Doubt" episode is unique in that it ended abrubtly right after the jury foreman read "We find the defendant..." as it cuts to the credits, leaving the verdict unknown, making the viewers to come to their own conclusions. When it aired, NBC conducted an online poll so viewers could determine the verdict. Most of them (60%) sided with the professor, 20% sided with the student, and the rest wanting more information.

WHOSE SIDE WERE YOU ON

ascii42

What episode was this topic created for?
This episode aired Nov 23, 2004

Season 6, Episode 8: Doubt

When a college student (Shannyn Sossamon) claims rape and her professor (Billy Campbell) claims it was consensual sex, Stabler and Benson find themselves in the middle of a "he said, she said" battle. The argument indirectly reveals that Stabler has become separated from his wife. Stabler initially believes the professor but changes his mind when he sees him manipulate his daughter (Carolyn Miller). Benson initially believes the student but changes her mind when she stages a suicide attempt to gain sympathy. Unsure of where blame lies, they make their way to the courtroom to hear the jury's verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom