• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remote Play help?

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
I keep getting error 80110482 trying to use remote play with my launch PSP fat and launch 60 GB PS3.

PS3 has the latest fw

PSP has fw 4.01

I connected the PSP with a USB cable and registered it with my PS3 as per the on screen instructions. Both systems show the proper registration.

But trying to use remote play I keep getting this error code and a message "Connection Error has occurred".

What am I missing/doing wrong?

angelfly

Are you connecting directly to the PS3 or over the internet? Since from what I've seen from searching thats a problem related to the security on the network. If your using WEP or WPA disabling it might fix your problem.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
angelfly said:
Are you connecting directly to the PS3 or over the internet? Since from what I've seen from searching thats a problem related to the security on the network. If your using WEP or WPA disabling it might fix your problem.

I'm trying to connect directly to my PS3.

dalyr95

Attempt it once, give it a minute, then try again. Often the initial remote play will boot the PS3 and it'll take a minute or too for it to settle, then try and it should connect

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
dalyr95 said:
Attempt it once, give it a minute, then try again. Often the initial remote play will boot the PS3 and it'll take a minute or too for it to settle, then try and it should connect

Well the PS3 is turned on and I've tried it a few times already.

Still get the same error.

psp fm is 4.05 currently

Fatghost said:
Well the PS3 is turned on and I've tried it a few times already.

Still get the same error.

you need to put the PS3 in remote play mode, there is an icon in the XMB to do that

I have a problem with my remote play as well. I just picked up a ps3 recently. I decided to try remote play with my psp. I registered it, and got remote play to work. It will even turn on my ps3. I can use the internet, game store, and XMB in general. However, whenever I try to select a compatible remote play game, my screen goes blank and I get the loading bubble. Eventually, it says connection was lost. Then I can no longer reconnect remote play, and my PS3 is still on, just with no video output. I have to hold on the power toggle to power off the PS3. Then I can try and reconnect. I have tried with bionic commando, as well as, the pixeljunk eden demo. Both are supposed to be compatible with remote play. Thanks in advance for your help.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
my remote play problem is different from the rest of you guys, so I'll ask:

I never am able to connect with the 'internet' option, but can with the 'private network' one. but no matter how much I turn the image quality down, it always gives me stutters and oddly enough gets really bad when I play ps1 games. and playing music with medialink gets a bit stuttery too. is there a solution for this performance, or is it just the nature of remote play?

should make it clear in your posts if you're trying to connect via the private network (direct with ps3) setting or internet setting, and what kind of environment it is. have a look at the signal strength.

i've been using it at home and from the front room of the house, through two brick walls to the ps3 it's been working pretty well. was playing ps1 games and it kept stuttering and losing the connection in private mode so switched to internet (wireless router) and it's been fine.

if you're using remote play and the psp loses the connection i think you can reconnect exactly where you were. i got disconnected in the middle of a battle in ff7, changed my settings and reconnected to catch the end of the fight.

Top Bottom