• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Redesign Cover Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dynamic3 said:
We should start a thread where we scan the old covers full qual, then pshop in the new banner so other cats can print them out and have nice, uniform, collection. Unfortunately I'm a junior :(.

Here is the thread to post those covers.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wouldn't it be far easier at the moment to just shop the old logo on the 2 games that have the new one?

RedBoot

Drkirby said:
Wouldn't it be far easier at the moment to just shop the old logo on the 2 games that have the new one?

Yeah, but if someone was serious about having their whole collection match, it'd be easier to do all the ones you already have now instead of having to do it for every game you buy going forward.

Myself, I think I can live with parts of my collection not matching.

Shins

Banned
Just sell every game that has the old covers, or never buy another game again for the rest of the PS3's life cycle.

Or, don't worry about it.

fernoca said:
There are also Greatest Hits with the new logo (Midnight Club I've seen around)..
This one?
Midnight-Club-Los-Angeles-Complete-Edition.jpg

fernoca

Sentry said:
Really? Haven't seen that yet, anyone have a pic?
Not an actual pic, but...
270739b.jpg

...exactly what I saw..but with the usual red case, with 'Bluray' logo at the top-right corner; newer cases don't say 'PlayStation 3' like the old ones..

noah111

Still Alive
fernoca said:
Not an actual pic, but...
270739b.jpg

...exactly what I saw..but with the usual red case, with 'Bluray' logo at the top-right corner; newer cases don't say 'PlayStation 3' like the old ones..
Hot damn! That actually looks really slick. I've kinda been holding off on buying some older greatest hit games because I thought they looked pretty ugly, hopefully they get a refresh/update.

Honestly, I don't really care about it now. At first I was like...they don't need to change the spine but I guess since they are getting rid of the spiderman font it was necessary...

noah111

Still Alive
Benjillion said:
Really.

I believe that people should have the option to create and share custom box arts. This thread is to help.
Hmm, I see what you mean but i'm not sure if you're saying you want people to make old spidey PS3 cover versions for the games using the new covers, or vice versa..

I'm hoping the latter, I would love to have well made new versions for old games, with the inside art and outside.

Wish Sony or someone official would somehow do it, since it's pretty damn hard to get hires prints/screens of the outside (including binding) as well as the interior artwork... :\

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
theBishop said:
I don't like the change at all.

But this puts it in perspective:
wipes.jpg

Imagine the gnashing of teeth today...
Oh, how they changed up the boxes. I really wish Sega of America did the same thing with the Saturn early or midlife, I fucking hate those oversized cases, they don't fit right anywhere.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
theBishop said:

wipes.jpg

Ah yes. First the Sega CD cases, then the black boxes, and finally jewel cases.

theBishop said:

wipes.jpg

=0 Never seen them before. I'm sure in the UK we always had the same cases for PlayStation for the whole life cycle. And the Saturn, too.

I hope someone makes an Uncharted 1 cover, as mine is the "Playstation Best" version, which is ugly as sin.

Thanks in advance! ;)

Received my copy of Uncharted 2 like 2 minutes ago :joy:
Opened the package, see the new cover design :cry:
Joined this tread and turned the printer on :go GAF go:

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
Seriously, is it really that annoying for you to have different versions of boxart styles in your shelves? I don't mind at all :lol

panda21

UnluckyKate said:
Received my copy of Uncharted 2 like 2 minutes ago :joy:
Opened the package, see the new cover design :cry:
Joined this tread and turned the printer on :go GAF go:

what is this new cover design??

i'm sure the EU one will be ugly as hell whatever it is.

Haunted

Graf Nudu said:
30jmqzk.jpg

I can almost make out some sort of awesome concept art beneath all those stickers.

SkinnyPupp said:
Actually it should have been this (but in English)

61jTjn8cQHL.jpg
Now that's damn awesome.

Reminds me of Monkey Punch's jp Crackdown cover.

Haunted said:
Now that's damn awesome.

Reminds me of Monkey Punch's jp Crackdown cover.
It reminds me of classic adventure movie posters (Indiana Jones anyone?)

I have the Asian version of Crackdown, and the cover is awesome.

stonedwal

Android18a said:
=0 Never seen them before. I'm sure in the UK we always had the same cases for PlayStation for the whole life cycle. And the Saturn, too.
There was - early PAL PlayStation cases don't have the black PlayStation bar along the bottom. They kind of look like the Japanese ones. Here's an example;

The_Adventures_of_Lomax.jpg

Pretty sure some games like the original Tomb Raider are available in both versions. I also think that the old style cases were all double CD jewel cases, not like the chubby single disc cases used until they switched to regular jewel cases for the PSOne. Could be wrong on that.

Saturn cases also had a change - not an aesthetic one, but one for the construction of and materials used in the case. The original cases have the waxy sort of box art, not sure exactly how to describe it. Later PAL Saturn games have a removable paper slick like DVDs. Didn't know about them til I bought Sonic Jam earlier this year.

SmokyDave

My PS3 shelves are a seething mass of US/EU/JP titles and it looks a real mess. It'd be nice to have a uniform theme but I can't be bothered with the work involved.

So has that Japanese Uncharted 2 cover showed up in high res anywhere yet? Because the moment it does I'm getting my 'Shop on.

I'm glad I have the Australian cover, though, I don't really like the new design. I like having my red PS3 squares all lined up on my shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom