• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 | Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamesj

Banned
Game: COD6: MW2
Systems: 360, PS3, PC
Release date: 11/10/09
Publisher: Activision (of Guitar Hero fame)

Features:

Gunning down civilians in an airport for a whole 10 minute level!

fP74Y.jpg

Fuck yeah! I've been saving my teen angst for a gameplay scenario like this! They say it's Russia and there are signs in Russian all over, but all the NPCs speak perfect American English, so I just pretend it's JFK airport. Here's some video: http://www.gametrailers.com/user-mov...footage/333509

Haha! It's a perk named after weed!

E92vM.png

That's so awesome, I totally love weed and video games. It's kinda lame that they don't have one for beer or adderall though.

but I wonder if the game has anything that caters to my hate for faggots...

G3R8i.png

Oh sweet! Fight against grenade spam...OH HOLY SHIT I TOTALLY GET IT NOW! Haha, that's fucking awesome, if there's anything I hate more than fags, it's fucking gay fags online that spam grenades.

This is pretty much the perfect game. Modern Warfare was all about killing terrorists and getting revenge for 9/11, but I felt like the game didn't quite speak to me enough. I like killing terrorists, but that's just because the game puts them in front of me. I wouldn't mind killing civilians too. Hell, I see more assholes I hate in real life than I see actual terrorists, so that level is gonna be totally fucking awesome Infinity Ward also knows that I love weed and they must all be total fucking pot heads too since they put that perk in. I can just see them there getting all stoned and making a video game, haha. It reminds me of my buddy John from community college...he comes up with the craziest ideas for video games when he's high! lol and yeah, it pretty much goes without saying that I totally hate faggots, don't we all? I'm so glad Infinity Ward is finally putting it out there!

Anyway, it wouldn't be an official thread without some reviews. Here are some good ones I found:

Mjb8b.jpg

Dave "XxxSoulFuckabitchpubesxxX" Smith

Sup bros I jus torrented COD4:MW2 off of thepriatebay and sleazed my way to the top 10 online. I been playin this shit for the past 27 hours and i gotta say it ain't fo pussies. this is the fuckin raw shit here yo and mah boyz an i been playin the shit out of it. fuckin' halo better watch out man, this game is fuckin raw. I got like 10 muthafuckin headshots off and the weed perk yo that shit maek me laugh for hours

n6UAC.jpg

Alexandra "Single_Horny_Gamer_Chick" Sinclair

I'm a totally nerdy girl and I love Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2™!! Whenever I play, I get so hot when the guys who play it call me dirty names like "nigger" and "fucking fag-ass bitch." Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 by Infinity Ward and published by Activision™ is exactly what I need to turn me on for a hot night of passionate sex with the manliest man with the largest and most bulbous killstreak online.

KFGnL.jpg

Lonnie "CloudxSephirothGLADDOS" Hendrickson

OMFG I was probabaly the most pissed when I heard Infinity Ward took out dedicated servers for this game. I even started www.boycottMW2.com and lobbied my congressman to shut down Activision and reported them to the Better Business Bureau. It was probably the biggest injustice gamers have faced since they changed Kos-Mos' voice in Xenosaga 2. But the hype got to me and this is pretty much the best game ever. I haven't even played it yet, but I watched some awesome trailers and that made me pre-order the prestige edition for every console. I just wish they put in Japanese voices with subtitles, the English VA is so dum.

r46vE.jpg

Andy McNamara, Editor-in-Chief of Game Informer magazine

Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2™ is the biggest gaming event of the generation, possibly of all time. It truly legitimizes the medium and elevates it above other arts like books, movies, opera, and, well, art itself. From the moment you pick up your first gun in the training scenario, the hyperbolic visceral intensity is frothing demand increases. The single player campaign features Oscar-quality dialogue and acting, while the online multiplayer serves as a battleground to find out who's the best MW2 player of all time. There may be some controversy about killing civilians, pot leaves, and Infinity Ward's trailer that features a word that some people might find offensive, but I assure you, I have been paid not to talk about that. Even if I could talk about it, I wouldn't because we need their advertiser dollars and free swag. Make sure you go to your game store and reserve 10 copies of the prestige edition (might I recommend Gamestop™ for all of your gaming needs? Don't forget your trade-ins!)

10/10

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Amazing.

*Golf claps*

CrushDance said:
Nobody noticed the language used?

Pretty much. I dunno why Mamesj is suicidal. He's lucky it was let go once. *shrug*

Edit: In better news, I should be getting the game in 10 minutes! :D

This thread captures everything that has me excited for this hot new game!

But tell me... Will there be any 10 minute long assassination cut-scenes, as seen from a first person perspective?

MrNyarlathotep said:
Hey, if it's good enough for their official viral-marketeers its good enough for GAF amirite?
no, I am not

Wait what? IW/Activision have used such language in promoting MW2? Any links... I am sure there are laws against such promotion/advertising.

Unless ur joking, in which case sorry lol.

DuckRacer

iamcool388 said:
Wait what? IW/Activision have used such language in promoting MW2? Any links... I am sure there are laws against such promotion/advertising.

Unless ur joking, in which case sorry lol.
Fighting Against Grenade Spam

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
People will remind this day as the day the tides turn, Not because of the game or a marketing company. But one man, an OP named Mamesj

Amneisac

Wow, I just want to enjoy this moment, because this is amazing.

Edited to add:

This post is kind of like Blazing Saddles, but without all the ending part when you realize they don't really mean all the horrible things they said, it was just satire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom