• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FUCK YOU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPREME1

Banned
....in 100 different languages.

funny-infographic.jpg

SimleuqiR

e7fba73736d88937d268f87fe7d83f17.jpg

Edit:

There are some repetitions for the Spanish "language" as we have many ways to say "fuck you".

I see Panama, Puerto Rico, and Venezuela there...all the same language, but different ways to say it or express it.

So there might not be a correct way of saying it in Spanish.

Edit: Peru and Guatemala are there too.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Pulka said:
The swedish one is wrong, "jävla" means "fucking".

The French one is wrong too, if my memory of French swearing serves me correctly. Should be 'enculer', though I also prefer 'foutre'.

Edit: My French teacher used to add 'chez les grecs', but I always had my doubts about that...

Zeppu

F'oxx means "Oh vagina" or "In your vagina" in Maltese.

F'oxx ommok is a great insult which is an is basically "In your mother's pussy"

Strictly speaking the equivalent of Fuck you is "Mur ħudu f'sormok" which means go get fucked up your ass.

141ruqh.jpg

Edit: Now with proper Maltese letters.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Jacobi said:
There is no "H" in Russian, that list sucks

It's a fairly standard transliteration.

Most Russians I ever met would just say "Fuck you", though. For some reason swearing in English was cool over there.

jorma

is now taking requests
Pulka said:
The swedish one is wrong, "jävla" means "fucking".

Some of these are literal translations rendering them unsuitable for actual use, including the Swedish one.

The finnish one appear to be more useful, vittu means cunt as i recall.

Desiato

Also, kisama (jap) is really more a rude way to say "you", as in "bastard", or "asshole" or something. I think the more appropriate translation would be something like kuso kurae (eat shit), but I'm not sure, stuff like this isn't usually written in Japanese course books.

I'm an expert on Japanese culture etc...

Ironborn

Banned
Putz di (Austria) is more like a good natured "fuck off" than an honest "fuck you"....fail list is fail
fuck off would be the same as in germany, fick dich :D

My norwegian sucks but pretty sure that one is wrong as well. More like damn you or the devil take you.

Dunno, I have always thought that fuck you is a pretty weird insult.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Did anyone else think this was going to be another nuke account thread?? :(

Leaving a little disappointed but a little more educated.

X26

Banned
I've never heard the greek one thrown around, and I've heard plenty of conflicts in greek to imagine I've heard most of the insults

SimleuqiR

carlos said:
the one used for puerto rico is very wrong, that "phrase" isn't even used here at all

I just saw the Chile one "Culear" which seems to me more like "fucking" than Fuck You. :lol

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
X26 said:
I've never heard the greek one thrown around, and I've heard plenty of conflicts in greek to imagine I've heard most of the insults

Because it's not right. It's really means "to the devil", roughly, and it's used more akin to "God damnit" in English.

Obviously puts the whole thing in question to me. It seems like a list of 100 random angry profane expressions.

itsgreen

Except the Dutch 'neuk jou' isn't really that offence...

It is just weird, since nobody ever uses it and just says fuck you.

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
So, where in the world was the first person to utter this phrase? Was it used in conjunction with the gesture, or did that come later.

genjiZERO

SimleuqiR said:
I just saw the Chile one "Culear" which seems to me more like "fucking" than Fuck You. :lol

Dude, Sloan is so fucking hot.

Vaffanculo literally means "stick it in your anus". When you watch Mafia movies it sounds like "Bafangul" because of their southern Italian accents.

Mr. Jonh said:
The hell, Portuguese is wrong! "Foda-se" is simply fuck. "Fuck you" is "Vai-te foder"!

LOL was going to post that :lol

"Foda-se" could be more like "FUCK!" or "Fuck it!". Like "Fuck it, I'm going home" would be "Foda-se, vou para casa". Or could it be:"Que se foda, vou para casa"?

I don't know my language enough, foda-se :(

Gui_PT

Yeah, Portuguese is wrong. It's like you're mad at something and go "FUCK"

Edit: Wow, lots of Portuguese Gaffers here :D

Otha? That's how you say fuck you in Tamil? Maybe I should ask my parents....oh wait, I can't ask them something like that. FUCK.

Rapstah

Most of those are just standard Google translations of the word "fuck" rather than the meaning of it in the language... I have no idea how they ended up with adjectives in some languages though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom