• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Adventure 3: Shadow of the Hedgehog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
Source is Legacy

Announced during the Walk of Fame induction ceremony...

The first inductee into the walk of game was Sega's classic mascot hero Sonic the Hedgehog. A seven-foot tall version of Sonic the Hedgehog took the stage to accept the award and then Sega rolled a video compilation of its Sonic series.

Sega's Isuka-san then took the stage and revealed that a new Sonic game was in development. He said about the new title: "I want to thank you all very much for this honor. I'm happy about Sonic's success, but I'm even more excited about the future."

Sega premiered the first footage of its new platformer Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Shadow of the Hedgehog. The title, which boasts impressive new graphics and more rollercoaster gameplay, is set for release for unspecified consoles during the holiday season of 2005.

Shadow of the Hedgehog follows character Shadow on a new adventure. Armed with a gun and the ability to speed and soar, the mascot can quickly zoom through levels, or stop in mid-air and shoot down opponents.

Searched, didn't see any news...so...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
"Armed with a gun..."

:lol

edit: must be xbox 360. sonic the fps :D

Shadow of the Hedgehog follows character Shadow on a new adventure. Armed with a gun and the ability to speed and soar, the mascot can quickly zoom through levels, or stop in mid-air and shoot down opponents.
Gee thanks, Warrior Within.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

No no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. They had me until there. Now all I can think of is the Tails/Robotnik gameplay from SA2.

Oh well, I love Sonic, so it's a must buy. :D

Edit: :lol! Within minutes we all harped on the same thing!

Ironclad

Crap, this is the exact opposite of what I wanted. Stop in midair and shoot enemies? That isn't a freaking Sonic game!

Amir0x

Banned
Can anyone else confirm this? I only have Legacy as a source, so I don't want to assume it's 100% true yet.

At, it's MATT.

Good, then it's true.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
As paraphrased from Sho Nuff in another thread...

stupid enough to be true.

Bob White

What the flying fuck?!

DEAD. TO. ME.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
So this isn't the unspecified new sonic game for Cube just a different one entirely?

Sounds interesting. Weird that Sonic would be the first inductee over Mario but he deserves it.

Docpan

Shadow?

Gah. Lame character = lame game.

I want to play as SONIC YOU MOTHER FUCKERS. THATS WHY THEYRE CALLED SONIC GAMES.

Get rid of these unnecessary dumb-as-shit tagalongs. A cat? A rabbit? A fucking BLOB WITH A FACE?

Fuck you Sega.

Amir0x

Banned
Bacon said:
Wow you're really going out on a limb there. Kudos for making such a controversial statement.

Heh, love the sarcasm. But duh, that's the whole reason I said it. People are acting like Sonic will be absent from the game :p

Docpan said:
Shadow?

Gah. Lame character = lame game.

I want to play as SONIC YOU MOTHER FUCKERS. THATS WHY THEYRE CALLED SONIC GAMES.

Get rid of these unnecessary dumb-as-shit tagalongs. A cat? A rabbit? A fucking BLOB WITH A FACE?

Fuck you Sega.

I want a 100% Sonic game too. At least Shadow is better than most of the other characters and he controls pretty much like Sonic.
I prefer this over having to play as Big the Cat, Amy, Rouge, Cream, or a robot.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gamespot has their article up:

SAN FRANCISCO--The Metreon unveiled its Walk of Game tonight in a ceremony that saw Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog among the 2005 inductees, but the real news is that Sega used the opportunity to unveil a new platform game called Shadow the Hedgehog. Shadow is Sonic's nemesis, first appearing on Sonic Adventure 2. The new game appears to be a Sonic-style adventure with some bold new twists.

The short clip showed off a variety of gameplay from the upcoming platformer that featured familiar Sonic mechanics along with some new additions to the time-tested formula. Among the segments showing Shadow's rail sliding, homing jump, and speed burst abilities, it was hard to miss Shadow packing some heat. Yes, the dark hedgehog rolls strapped with a pistol of some kind, and he appears to have no qualms about using to take out fools in his way.

The environments shown appear to be in the same tribal vein from Sonic's recent console adventures, although as evidenced by the text interspersed among the gameplay, Shadow will be taking players on a tear through the darker side of Sonic's universe. The graphics in the game appear to be along the same lines as those seen in Sonic Heroes.

Although no platforms were given for the game's release, PlayStation 2 and GameCube releases seem like a given, taking into account the Sonic series' past history. The game is scheduled to be released this fall. Expect to see some official details on the game in May at E3 2005, if not sooner.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Just...why.....I just want 2d Sonic - the terrible characters again....a gun.....Christ, what were they thinking? I was sort of hyped for Sonic Heroes, but this 3d shit is seriously ruining the Sonic name. Has there been a Sonic game since the Dreamcast era that was good?! I loved Sonic 2d. This idea of this game just reeks of stupidity....

A gun.....

Morts

God damn. This actually sounds exactly like what I was hoping for, except completely ruined by this stupid handgun concept. Once again, so close, yet so far.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
Didn't Mr. Naka say they were making a new GAMECUBE Sonic game...now Sega says it's for unspicified platforms???

And...a gun?

I had hopes for this one being a big GCN exclussive and that it would be a game that *wasn't* a DC port and was BUILT specifically for GCN (as those games look/feel the best), but instead we get this?

Again...a gun?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
OH MY GOD....just...they had a beautiful montage of sonic's history, then they showed some 3d games of his, then...I literally said out loud "OH MY GOD"...a not only a pistol, but a fucking machine gun? The graphics are bad, the gameplay looks terrible....this game is destined to be terrible.

It's almost painful to watch it....just having Sonic's history getting shot to bits like "That's Totally Rad Dudes!". Sega has sold out completely. Not only that, but they did it while showing everybody how they got to this point. That was like watching somebody paint a beautiful painting, then wipping out a box of 8 crayons and scribbling all over the beautiful painting until it was erased from everybdy's minds.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Haha, that video was like a virtual kick in the nuts

It wouldn't be as bad if he didn't use a gun. This is borderline April Fools material

Just watched the video, and... Hrm. That gun looks so horribly out of place. I was expecting a sci-fi looking lock-on dealie with laser-tailed shots or something with an ounce of imagination. Meh.

Wario64 said:
Haha, that video was like a virtual kick in the nuts

More like a cap in the ass.

Teddman

shadowgun.PNG

(screen cap by turbocozmo at OA)

That is so awesome that he is packing a gun. I find it hilarious. He really is an evil hedgehog!

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
NEW "SEGA ADVENTURES"

SEGA ARE SHIT...

OR ARE THEY "REALLY SHIT"?

YOU DECIDE.

I've said it about a hundred times in the last year or two, but Sonic Team is without a doubt the most dissapointing development house of the generation.

That was so bad I thought it was actually a hoax at first. Gangster shadow? The gameplay looked absolutely shoddy as well.

I really want Sonic Team to pull out of their rut. This is just an emberassment to video games in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom