• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread New OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menelaus

Banned
OXfJj.png

The Android Gaming OP is rising from the ashes! Thanks to Nirolak for allowing me to be the new OP and helping to showcase the best of what Android gaming has to offer. This OP will be a repository for two things: the best games Gaffers are playing, as well as a showcase for games that our very own Gaffers have made. If you want a game to be featured, post in the thread or shoot me a PM. I'll do my best to get as many in here as possible!

XcfIl.png

Author: Menelaus (The Mob Software)
Game: Cubes Free (Click for Android Market link) and Cubes Pro (Click for Android Market Link)

ppcs8.png
5q9rs.png

Avoid a barrage of cubes in this reborn classic! Endless levels will thrill you!

Goggles McGillicutty just got dropped into a strange world full of cubes, and only you can help him avoid a fiery end! Dodge your way through endless levels of cubes of all shapes and colors, as hitting a cube will send our little droid friend straight to the scrapyard!

Cubes Free is an accelerometer-controlled game in which you navigate Goggles McGillicutty through a 3D field of cubes. Similar to Cube Runner on the iPhone and Cube Field on the PC. Features worldwide Leaderboards, many different levels, multiple ship types, and full HD tablet support! Best of all, everything is 100% completely free! OpenFeint is completely optional.
6x9gY.png

Author: Wondermega (Headcase Games)
Game: 180 (Click for Android Market link)

180amscreens03.jpg
180amscreens02.jpg

180 is an insane flipping match-3 drop action puzzle game! Launch coins into three-in-a-rows to clear the vertically-descending board. Play alternate colors by flipping coins 180 degrees at any time. Create incredible combos and be rewarded with HUGE scores - just don't let the coins touch the red line at the bottom, or it's game over!

- Classic gameplay that's infinitely replayable - You'll never put this game down!
- Multiple game modes, characters, and themes
- Various difficulty levels to hone your skill
- Multiple gameplay secrets - Can you figure them out?
- OpenFeint achievements and online leaderboards
- Colorful, HD graphics - Ready for your tablet!
- Comprehensive stat tracking
- Color-blind friendly
- Several updates planned for the future!
6x9gY.png

Author: beril
Game: Trouser Trouble (Click for Android Market link)

CmCjV.png
7V6Yn.jpg

Use the touch screen to pull down everyone's pants!

Trouser Trouble is a game where you pull down people's pants with the touchscreen to earn points.

Features:
3D graphics
Revolutionary undressing-technology
Addictive Gameplay
Lots of naked bottoms

Use the demographics slider in the options menu to control the ratio between men and women, if you're more keen on pulling down pants on a specific gender.

*1GHz processor recommended
6x9gY.png

Author: manutd (Solarblizz)
Game: Star of Darkness Lite (click for Android Market link) and Star of Darkness Full (click for Android Market link)

OYqI7.jpg
ajORw.jpg

Play through 120 levels and become the Star of Darkness

The stars are fading and the galaxy has started its descent into darkness. Earth has the last of the remaining light; you will need to absorb this light and shine it on the galaxy in an attempt to save it. Will you choose to save yourself and the galaxy at the expense of Earth or will you battle through all odds to save everything and become the Star of Darkness?

*120 levels across 20+ lands
*Navigate through obstacles with the use of skill and intelligence.
*Simple two touch control. Touch left of screen to move left and right of screen to move right
*Learn the outcome of the Star of Darkness through two possible endings.
6x9gY.png

Author: espectra (Peculiar Games)
Game: Voyage to Farland (FREE) (Click for Android Market link)

hO5ND.jpg

Voyage to Farland (FREE) is a quirky & challenging graphical roguelike game.

The only "Mystery Dungeon" style roguelike RPG for Android in English! This is a free trial version featuring the first dungeon. Fully animated, engaging strategic gameplay, sound effects and a full soundtrack!

NOTE: RUNS BEST ON PHONES WITH 800MHz CPU OR FASTER.

What kind of game is this? Well, if you’re looking for an easy RPG with a nice story, “Voyage to Farland” probably isn’t the game for you. But if you like the "Mystery Dungeon" games and want a game that will kick your butt repeatedly (in humorous ways) yet keep you coming back for more, then you'll love “Voyage to Farland”! It's a modern take on a classic roleplay game formula.
6x9gY.png

Author: The Quadsphere
Game: FMX Riders (Click for Android Market link)

f799d151-5011-4927-93b7-007045040f13.jpg

FMX Riders is an Arcade Freestyle Motocross Racer loaded with features, the most important being it's FUN!

Swipe across your rider when in the air to do flips and spins! It's plainly intuitive!

Whether it's going through the World Circuit Career mode, watching your best Replays, fighting your way to the top of the 50+ Leaderboards or unlocking challenging Achievements, FMX Riders is here to deliver!

*** Please check if the HD version is available for your device ***

o8VpS.png

Author: Rovio
Game: Angry Birds (Click for Android Market link)

1v0cg.jpg

Use the unique powers of the Angry Birds to destroy the greedy pigs' fortresses!

The survival of the Angry Birds is at stake. Dish out revenge on the greedy pigs who stole their eggs. Use the unique powers of each bird to destroy the pigs’ fortresses. Angry Birds features challenging physics-based gameplay and hours of replay value. Each of the 255 levels requires logic, skill, and force to solve.
6x9gY.png

Author: Gamehouse
Game: Doodle Jump (Click for Android Market link)

w0uaw.jpg

Jump, jump, jump to the top with the smash iPhone hit now available for Android!

WARNING:Insanely Addictive! Jump, jump, jump to the top, top, top with the runaway hit now on Android! Guide the Doodler on a springy journey using springs, jet packs and more. Avoid baddies and blast them with your nose balls!
6x9gY.png

Author: PopCap
Game: Plants vs Zombies (Click for Amazon Market link)

04-Plants-vs-Zombies.jpg

Get ready to soil your plants! The hit PopCap® game comes to Android at last. Forget shotguns, flamethrowers, and cricket bats. A well-tended garden is your best defense against a rampaging horde of undead. Keep the zombies at bay with an array of deadly plants and well-aimed lawnmowers. With Plants vs. Zombies, the fun never dies!

-Enjoy a horticultural new twist on tower defense gameplay
-See the undead shamble across your lawn with charmingly gruesome graphics and animations
-Upgrade your army with the help of Crazy Dave
-Cultivate your garden for a yield of killer crops
6x9gY.png

Author: PopCap
Game: Peggle (Click for Amazon Market link)

51TxtfeCplL.jpg

Do you have what it takes to be a Peggle Master? Shoot and clear all the orange pegs in this peg-busting, critically acclaimed game, now fully optimized for Android devices. You'll reach Extreme Fever as ten outlandish Masters help you achieve Peggle greatness. Take your best shot, conquer 55 levels, and wield ten magic powers in Adventure mode--and the fun is just getting started.
6x9gY.png

Author: Hexage
Game: Robotek (Click for Android Market link)

CPf7m.jpg

Robots took over your world. This is your chance to take it back.

The humanity had fallen. In the great robot uprising machines took the planet over. Empire of Machine is the new world order. It's time to take it back! One node at a time.

Rip through your enemies with lasers, electrocute them or fry them with microwaves. Deploy your own robots to fight for you or steal them from your enemy. Protect and upgrade your forces or throw them away in a ruthless wave of destruction.

Get experience from every battle, level up, gain power and crush the Empire of Machine!
6x9gY.png

carlosp

Banned
Since the Android platform is growing so fast and games start to get very good i think this thread is needed. I will just start with the games I have on my Milestone right now. More stuff will be added soon:

Angry Birds

angry-birds-540.jpg

market://details?id=com.rovio.angrybirds_lite
CopyCat
18715-2.jpg

Doodle Jump

1.jpg

Live Holdem (Online only with FB integration)

holdem1.jpg

Super Tumble

supertumble3.png

kinggroin

Banned
Awesome awesome thread.

My X comes in next weekend, so I'll have to visit this regularly. Now, the phone won't be a primary game device for me (I plan on the 3DS to cover the majority of my gaming needs), but I will keep an eye out for bite sized stuff I can play maybe 5 minutes at a time.

kinggroin

Banned
Luigiv said:
Where have I seen this before?

I wonder what dock thinks of this.

It's funny though, the contrasting color schemes that match their respective platforms. Dock's original fits right into the iphone's very colorful, playful iOS; and of course this particular version being on Droid...well, it's obvious.

Luigiv

Subliminal said:
There are loads of games like this.
Play the first level of dock's Unity 3D version. Even if dock's original creation isn't exactly all that innovative to begin with, this android thing is blatant copyright infringement.

What's that handrawn looking game in op?

I'll give some live to: robot defence force, galaxy domination, guns n glory, blow up, spider man, age of conquest, geo quiz, air control.

Luigiv said:
Play the first level of dock's Unity 3D version. Even if dock's original creation isn't exactly all that innovative to begin with, this android thing is blatant copyright infringement.

It really isn't. unless dock has the rights to the game concept and every level in the game. It is a clone but seeing as dock hasn't made an android version himself its to be expected.

frontieruk

sionyboy said:
What's that handrawn looking game in op?

I'll give some live to: robot defence force, galaxy domination, guns n glory, blow up, spider man, age of conquest, geo quiz, air control.

looks like doodle jump.

1qqqsx.png

also a free version available

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Good thread idea. Subscribed.

Currently I only have brain teaser type games on my Moto Droid.

My games:
Coloroid
Word Up

Luigiv

Subliminal said:
It really isn't. unless dock has the rights to the game concept and every level in the game. It is a clone but seeing as dock hasn't made an android version himself its to be expected.
Well he wouldn't own the rights to the concept, but he does own the rights to every single level in his game. That's how copyright laws work. It's plagiarism no matter how you cut it.

kinggroin

Banned
OP should have made mention of thread rules, like pics and description - maybe codes to lookup these games, or a website. This thread could potentially get messy.

Here are a couple popular ones:

Need for Speed Shift:

mzl.vnhfzfoj.jpg

available on the appstore.

Asphalt 5:

asphalt-5.png

and too, available on the appstore

frontieruk

What's shift like? Can't see it on the market place here :(

Do we mention games for download direct from gameloft?

frontieruk

Spider Man

App Brain

Direct QR
2jer6dz.png

2vw6x4z.jpg

simple game where you tap the screen to et spider man to release his web and land on the platform, as the game progresses the height of the platforms to land on changes and the levels of gravity and wind changes to affect momentum. Gets quite addictive

kinggroin

Banned
frontieruk said:
What's shift like? Can't see it on the market place here :(

Do we mention games for download direct from gameloft?

I played the Shift demo on an X recently. Played fine for a stripped down, simpler race sim. Visuals were pretty amazing and the framerate was better than the console versions :lol

And yeah, I'd imagine Gameloft direct games are fine. They're still Android games afterall.

Zenonia:

A Zelda/Secret of Mana type RPG

update-zenonia1.jpg

Available on the market.

Also, I highly recommend that folks check out androlib.com in order to search the android market without having to use your phone. Since you're already on a PC/MAC reading this thread, it'll help finding info on a particular game faster.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Christ, how terrible is the Android market? I didn't even know Angry Birds was on there. When you do a search for it, it's like, the 5th result. Need for Speed? A bunch of crapware is found...not the game.

Blargh. Nice idea for a thread. I imagine this will be the best way to find anything worth trying out.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I still cannot find fucking Angry Birds on the store, anybody got a QR code I can scan? :lol

Nevermind found one..:

AngryBirdsQRcode_thumb.jpg

Ack does not work for me D:

ZZMitch

My favorite games not already mentioned-

Abduction!
abduction-screenshot.jpg

Air Control
192846.jpg

Alchemy
Alchemy-with-Graphic-Elements.jpg

aiMinesweeper
208031.jpg

Basketball Shot
basketball-shot-v116.jpg

Bonsai Blast
bonsai-blast-fire.jpg

Chess
Chess-for-Android.jpg

Connect4
513218-1275048470657.jpg

Cubes (Beta)
84608-1.jpg

Jewellust

Mahjong
208223.jpg

Paper Toss
paper_toss_android_3.gif

Tetronimo
tetronimo-android-app.jpg

The Inferno
dante1.jpeg

Traffic Jam
247691.jpg

Word Drop
Word-Drop-v26.jpg

drizzle said:
Or just use appbrain+quick web installer instead?

That's nice and all, but the agruement is that the market is a POS and if they really want to compete or compare to what Apple does, it needs to be fixed ;(

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
... which is weird, considering Google is the king of search.

All applications really need to be centralized to the Android Market like on iOS. Having the potential for multiple sources loses more in simplicity than it gains in flexibility, kind of like the Android OS in general.

Still, it has its own advantages, too, like Google Maps's turn-by-turn voice navigation and a favorite of mine, keyboards with a Dragon Dictation button which enables voice dictation into any text box in any application.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Alchemy
Alchemy
Alchemy
Alchemy
Alchemy
Addictive
Alchemy
Alchemy
Alchemy
Fucking
Alchemy
Alchemy
Alchemy
Alchemy
Game
Alchemy

Beezy

I love how the OP doesn't name or link anything besides the first game in his post. How the fuck am I suppose to know what to look for?

Anyway, Robo Defense is the only game that I bought and I recently got Angry Birds. I haven't seriously played anything else yet.

eznark

Banned
The games in the OP look decent. Wish I knew their names/QR codes.

Are there any good board game adaptations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom