• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iconic Gaming Logos

zlatko said:
shirt_ninjabot_heartlesssymbol.jpg
833415.jpg

jaydogg691

UFRA said:
Hey what's that one company that makes the Wii and DS and all that? ...I just can't think of it.

It's like it's right in my face but I just can't remember...

:lol

jaydogg your Nintendo pic is 2687x1414 plus we already had that on the first page :p
Just needed to remind everybody.

zoukka

yencid said:

Really? other than the SMT and maybe the sony/guerrilla/santa monica thing... which others arent iconic?[/QUOTE]

KH, Smilebit, Umbrella logo, Shin-Ra... would also argue that the Battlefield logo is too generic to be recognizable at all.

yencid

zoukka said:
KH, Smilebit, Umbrella logo, Shin-Ra... would also argue that the Battlefield logo is too generic to be recognizable at all.
right but when i think of the word most i think of there being an upset of uniconic ones but its the other way around.

outunderthestars said:
What is that from?

I really don't think you people understand what an iconic image is:

Not being able to find the image on the internet is a good sign that what you are looking for isn't iconic.
If you don't know what the Umbrella logo is then I have no idea why you are on a gaming forum.

There's like 20 games and 7 movies with this logo (slight exaggeration...maybe).

ismaboof

Jesus Gaf you guys have no perception of how iconic a lot of these aren't. Cave's logo? Umbrella Corp? Really?

Anything other than Pacman (even the logo) would have to be something pretty big.

Dark Octave said:
If you don't know what the Umbrella logo is then I have no idea why you are on a gaming forum.

There's like 20 games and 7 movies with this logo (slight exaggeration...maybe).

Sorry, I have always found that series to be lacking, so I don't play. I also don't play zelda games but can immediately recognize a triforce. That is why one is iconic and the other is background fodder in a B rate gaming franchise. ;)

So if people are complaining about what type of icons are iconic or not, well you should update the OP with YOUR DEFINITION of ICONIC, because for me the logo from umbrella corp is iconic as the shinra is, but hey who gives a damn right.

zlatko

Banned
outunderthestars said:
Sorry, I have always found that series to be lacking, so I don't play. I also don't play zelda games but can immediately recognize a triforce. That is why one is iconic and the other is background fodder in a B rate gaming franchise. ;)

You are definitely entitled to your own opinion about the RE games, but they are far from B rated. RE4 won numerous game of the year awards when it came out and set a lot of industry standards for over the shoulder shooting mechanics. That game was definitely AAA quality.

DungeonO

There should be like four or five answers to this. This is just a thread of logos at this point. Game Boy Color? Really?

zlatko

Banned
DungeonO said:
There should be like four or five answers to this. This is just a thread of logos at this point. Game Boy Color? Really?

Zerg_logo.jpg

But but but everyone should know this one and we didn't list it yet.

1527152-yashichi_1_super.gif

DungeonO said:

You can count on one hand the gaming logos known in mainstream popular culture and recognized by ham-and-eggers, sure, but for hardcore gamerz such as ourselves, many of these qualify as near-religious imagery

outunderthestars said:
lol I see. You're being a hater. It's ok, I understand.

And true it's not as iconic as Mickey Mouse's head silhouette, but I do believe the title of the thread is "Iconic gaming logos". The Triforce is cool too, but we both know that you knew what that Umbrella logo was. You were just trying to express your disgust for the series by saying the logo ain't shit.

Don't worry man, we all hate on stuff sometimes.

So by the definition of some user here, ICONIC only applies to games logo who the mainstream people know and that will transcend generations, am i right?

So fuck lets only put games that are old like:

centipede_logo1.png

juego-Space-Invaders.jpg

And while we at it lets puts this one out:

angryBirds.jpg

FarmVille_logo.jpg

These ones will transcend generation!

yencid

arnoldocastillo2003 said:
So by the definition of some user here, ICONIC only applies to games logo who the mainstream people know and that will transcend generations, am i right?

So fuck lets only put games that are old like:

centipede_logo1.png

juego-Space-Invaders.jpg

And while we at it lets puts this one out:

angryBirds.jpg

This one will transcend generation!
yeah i believe this is what the OP was going for.

yencid said:
yeah i believe this is what the OP was going for.

So lets delete almost 90% of all the post in this thread and only put games that are at least 20 years old, because by that definition not even Half-Life should had been posted.

yencid

Dilli666 said:
http://files.aperturescience.webnode.cz/200000081-3ed253fcc3/Aperture%20Science_logo.png

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110303085523/fallout/images/archive/f/f7/20110303085548!Vault_Tec_Logo_%28clean%29.png
no idea at the second one.

Top Bottom