• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alaska redeems itself: Salmon Flavored Vodka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
tumblr_l58v8duhFT1qc16d4.jpg

So for the past few months I've noticed this bottle of booze whenever I visit my local liquor store (something I do a lot... I live in alaska). Every time I'd pass it, I'd make this horrible face and gag with the thought of putting fish in my drinks. Tonight I was feeling particularly daring, and decided to pick myself up a bottle just to experience how horrible it was. I WAS SO WRONG.

This bottle of booze is a gift upon man. It is the reparations for unleashing Sarah Palin upon the world. If Jesus had known of this stuff in his time, it's what he would of turned water into. Don't believe me? Well maybe you shouldn't and I'm full of a shit (or vodka), but I implore you if you ever find yourself staring at this bottle in the store... pick it up. Bring it home along with the necessarily ingredients to make a bloody mary. Use it in place of your regular non-fishy vodka and magic will happen. The magic may not happen the first glass... or even the second.. but god damned by the 6th glass you'll see magic... and a carpet... maybe the toilet if you're lucky.

So any non-Alaskans actually see this at their stores?

mcrae

best first reply ever
judging by that last sentence.... "if you're lucky, the toilet" ... is it actually any good?

also by the 6th anything whatever im drinking normally turns into magic

sat night after 20ish drinks over 12 hours i started in on old, old cans of Miller Genuine Draft. updated myfacebook status via phone to "canned mgd tastes like apple juice mmmmmm"

Ferrio

Banned
elfinke said:
But OP, what does it actually taste like?

Also, brilliant first response.

The flavor is very subtle actually, not overpowered or fishy or anything. Just this slightest hint of smoked salmon which adds a nice taste to the bloody mary. When I opened the thing I swore I was going to smell a marina coming outta that thing but I was pleasantly surprised.

daffy

Banned
Ferrio said:
The flavor is very subtle actually, not overpowered or fishy or anything. Just this slightest hint of smoked salmon which adds a nice taste to the bloody mary.
that sounds so good

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
LOL @ this thread.

It sounds like it would only be good in a bloody mary.

elfinke

Ferrio said:
The flavor is very subtle actually, not overpowered or fishy or anything. Just this slightest hint of smoked salmon which adds a nice taste to the bloody mary. When I opened the thing I swore I was going to smell a marina coming outta that thing but I was pleasantly surprised.

Hmmm, that sounds pretty damn fine. Don't know what my chances are of finding it here in AUS are though... off to eBay!

One last question, is it better than this?

Jarmel

Banned
elfinke said:
Hmmm, that sounds pretty damn fine. Don't know what my chances are of finding it here in AUS are though... off to eBay!

I remember trying that once. Never again.

Ferrio

Banned
elfinke said:

The bloody mary recipe included with it calls for clamato. I don't like clams so I decided to stick with regular tomato juice.

mcrae

Ferrio said:
The bloody bloody mary recipe included with it calls for clamato. I don't like clams so I decided to stick with regular tomato juice.

clamato turns it into a bloody caesar

themoreyouknow.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Don't think anyone's said this yet, but that's a very good 1st response.

I think you can turn any substance into Alcohol. Just got to BELIEVE.

Chris R

What store did you see it at? Anchorage dweller here and I haven't seen it in the brown jugs I've visited recently.

Raistlin

Amazing 1st post.

Regardless ... OP has convinced me. I'll definitely purchase a bottle if I ever find it.

Dennis

Banned
I get it - its because bears like salmon, right?

And vodka is Russian and the national animal of Russia is the bear?

Ferrio

Banned
rhfb said:
What store did you see it at? Anchorage dweller here and I haven't seen it in the brown jugs I've visited recently.

Fred Meyers has it. We don't have any Brown Jugs up here. They might put it in specialty area with other Alaskan only alcohols.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom