• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's iOS Weekly Challenge: Mr. Ninja

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
335146322.581975skuj.jpg

-
update: Contest is over, FULL FINAL RESULTS -74 participants
*Congrats Koodo!*
-

It's that time again!
i've set up everything thru my iPad, so I'm sorry if it isn't that good looking :)
Props to teamaxe for all the banners and to Flunkie for the Touch Gaming's op!

Following the smashing success (more than 60 gaffers took a chance at the top) of the CANANBALT NeoGAF's Challenge, we're finally set to start a new
iOS GAF's WEEKLY CHALLENGE!

It's not at all forbidden to post about the challenge in the usual Touch Gaming thread like we did for Tiny Tower, Tiny Wings and many other games of course, but the specific thread is here with the purpose to avoid the flood of posts sinking all the others for a whole week.
We also have prizes! Check below for all the infos.

The game chosen is:

•Mr. Ninja #GAME MODE: SUPERCHAIN

mr-ninja-screenshot-1.jpg

i423513095_jpg_180x180_q85.jpg

Mr.Ninja on iTunes (Universal app, $0.99/€0.79/£0.69)

•Challenge's Times:

#STARTS August 1st, 00:01 (AM) GMT - *update: Contest has started!*
#ENDS: August 7th, 22:00 GMT Contest is OVER

Current GMT / World Time

-RULES:

•To participate you just need the game and to add me on Game Center (Dash Kappei GAF). As soon as you fire up the game and play it for the first time while being signed in Game Center, you'll be part of the Challenge. That's it.
*Add "From GAF," and your nickname on GAF or I won't add you*.
•GAFFers only, I won't accept requests from non-gaffers. Sorry lurkers.
•Check the Master List Membership (info section below) if you want to add others, but being on the list isn't mandatory to play.
•Scores are valid only for the "This Week" section on the leadearboards and those scores made before the challenge won't be counted for the full final results, even if mistakenly counted during the challenge.
•You can still enter the Challenge even if it has already started, granted I'm able to accept your GC's friend request on time. You can join the contest at any time, even if there's just an hour to go.
•Posting your new scores in this thread is encouraged as well as posting your Game Center profile for others to check on your score when you do so. This is not at all mandatory anyway.

-PRIZES

This week's prize donated by awesome NeoGAF's user BuzzJive

mb_mini_banner.jpg
].

4 codes for Matchbox will be given away for the contest, 3 codes for the top three gaffers on the leaderboard and one for the raffle between all the participants.

Wanna check out BuzzJive's work and reward such a generous gaffers by having a go at his game?
Then you should definitely CLICK HERE

Want to see the game in action first? NO! Don't you wanna blindy support a kind gaffer? What's wrong with you?!
LOL, here's a Youtube Video of Matchbox's gameplay

-Useful LINKS:

Mr. Ninja review on Touch Arcade

NeoGAF's Touch Gaming Thread

1Y5kx.png

NeoGaf's Game Center Master List

• Send Dash Kappei a PM if you want to be added to the list or taken off the list, following this EXACT same text formatting 

GAF Name = Name [GC] / Name [OF] / Name [Plus+] / Device

Dash Kappei

CANANBALT:

CONGRATULATIONS, DYNAMITE RINGO MATSURI aka Zazen_Incidents!!

334370114.365028u2x1.jpg

13) Jonathan M21             • 11334m
14) emogu84                     • 10817
15) JLateralus                   • 10624
16) Vyer                           • 10180
17) Sloth_Bear                  •   9179
18) EvAZ18                      •   9136
19) dantehemi                   •   9048
20) Kowaku                       •   8887
21) jmilo                           •   8312
22) techaficionado             •   8132
23) Gamecocks625             •   7641 
24) MAD Stalin                   •   7473
25) Lutti Lippe                   •   7440
26) Randomlyrossy             •   7057
27) You In Reverse             •   6803
28) Kryptonic83                •   6791
29) Jayayess1190             •   6051
30) Japtor                         •   5870
31) Jonnyram                    •   5505
32) soldat7                        •   5420
33) Kweekan                      •   5220t
34) Ashep5                         •  4881
35) marc^o^                        •  4843
36) JSwanko                       •  4701
37) sirfox                           •   4614
38) Khanage                       •   4604
39) hypoethical                   •   4208
40) Mr Vargas                   •   4100
41) Unborn Apple                •   4035
42) Flunkie44                     •   3792
43) Properchopper               •   3720
44) Digital Appsetite            •   3712
45) Firez_hn                       •   3678
46) Relentlessrolento           •   3659
47) Ravien56                     •   3558
48) Darvdin Zvierg              •   3553
49) Anonymous#1               •   3364
50) Radogol                        •   3076
51) dallow                          •   3052
52) jetjevons                       •   2721
53) Moz 27                       •   2636
54) Cyport                          •   2508
55) graywolf323                •   2171
56) anonymous#2               •   2164
57) AvvZA                         •  2084
58) Jason Burt                    •  1934
59) numble                         •   1536
60) The_Reckoning               •  1452
61) anonymous#3                •  1270
62) Fox 1304                      •  1012
63) herrhulot                       •    883

Dash Kappei

Challenge starts in:

2 hour and 49 minutes

:)

Edit:
Could a MOD please FIX THE TITLE to add "Mr. Ninja", damn the iPad's keyboard! :p

Cyport

I love how I'm 54th on the leaderboard for canabalt and I didn't even know.. I haven't got Mr. Ninja so may wait until the next challenge

Dash Kappei

Cyport said:
I love how I'm 54th on the leaderboard for canabalt and I didn't even know.. I haven't got Mr. Ninja so may wait until the next challenge
C'mon, it's $0.99 and the game is very good I promise :)

You probably are on my friends list and have played the game during the challenge's week, that's why ^_^

Also, Flunkie you meany stop making fun of me!
Please my crown for a mod to fix the title!

Cyport

Dash Kappei said:
C'mon, it's $0.99 and the game is very good I promise :)
Downloaded for 69p, why did they have to raise apps to 10p :(. Seems great though and already addicted!

anyway the time in UK is 22:05, it's BST

Dash Kappei

It's official, without food on my stomach I can't see the difference between GMT and UK time, lol
I'm gonna eat, see you in a couple of hours :p

CONTEST STARTS IN 2 Hours and 46 minutes

(thanks toythatkills for bringing up the fuckup to my attention!)

Dash Kappei

toythatkills said:
<whisper> That's not 1am GMT either. 3 hours and 46 43 minutes! </whisper>

wait, the time was correct, it was just the I had edited the start time in the Op.
So yeah, it's correct it starts in 2 hours and 19 minutes now, not 3 hours.

Dash Kappei

punkypine said:
I sent you a game center friend request
Accepted :)
Remember that if you also want to be on the Master list (if you aren't already in it of course) you need to send me a pm with the infos... Although this is not needed to be a part of the contest.

Wario64 said:
Still lists all time scores for me for some reason, no idea why. Same thing on "Today" scoreboard too. Urgh. I hope it's registering my scores at least, I actually just broke my all time personal score, haha. Woo

Should be 290k...but it hasn't updated on my leaderboard. Hmmm, I wonder if my game is screwed up.

I have you at 275k both all time and this week. Are you sure it registered your Game Center signup when you started the game? Obviously those scores won't count!

Dash Kappei

Etheus said:
Neat game. Up to about 331k. Can anyone tell me what the super chain time does?
Slicing the stars enter you in super chain time where your multiplier will keep increasing with each enemy slashed even if it’s not consecutively.

Man, I would jump on this pronto but I just recently sold my iPod touch to help fund an iPad purchase sometime soon. I'll be back then ;)

Dash Kappei

Just remember that any score done before the actual time agreed, even if displayed on the This Week leaderboard, will NOT be accounted for.
I took multiple screenshots of the leaderboards @10 minutes ago, just in case there's some confusion.

I have 57 gaffers who are playing the game in Super Chain mode already, this should be fun :)

Gaspode_T

I'm in! Hey I checked weekly leaderboard stats and global #1 is about 540K, so it's not impossible to beat 350K but probably extremely hard ;)

snack said:
Any tips on scoring high?
Pretty much what Dante said. You want to get a perfect on every single enemy up to at least 190/200 chains in order to get where Koodo's at. The thing is, super chain allows you to maintain your combo string, but a huge part of your score lies in the bonus you get for a perfect kill string. So you'll want to maintain your combo and then hit the second star without a miss, or else your combo resets. The thing is, once you hit the second star the game gets considerably harder. Real tough for sure

Dash Kappei

PRIZES, WE HAVE THEM :p

mb_mini_banner.jpg

This week's prize donated by NeoGAF user BuzzJive.

4 codes will be given away for the contest, 3 codes for the top three gaffers on the leaderboard and one for the raffle between all the participants.

Wanna check out BuzzJive's work and reward such a generous gaffers by having a go at his game?
Then you should definitely CLICK HERE

Want to see the game in action first? NO! Don't you wanna blindy support a kind gaffer? What's wrong with you?!
LOL, here's a Youtube Video of Matchbox's gameplay

Dash Kappei

snack said:
Hey Dash Kappei, what scores are in the top 5?
374k at the top
292k for fifth place

it's a bitch right now to check the scores, first because there's the real names thing so I'd have to look up who's who on the lisf and it takes a long time (fuck this, yesterday I had the "nickname" while today I have the real names.. People should really 'learn' to hide their real name on game center :p)
secondly because there's still leftovers on the weekly leaderboards from before the challenge, so we need to wait for people to improve their scores (and they will, Cananbalt was CRAZY) to have a clearer situation.

After that it'll be easy to post scores.
By all means a cool way is what Koodo is doing, posting screens of his scores. Of course you could also just post your score, since I will see of it's legit or not in the end anyway.
Also, you guys should add your GC profile at least once in your posts here, so (if you/others want) other challengers can add you without scouting all the names on the Master List.

VALIS

My best so far. I don't think I missed a single guy, either, so how people get 375k much less 500k is a mystery to me.

rwTxn.png

Oh yeah, my GC is: VALIS666

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Well this was a quick challenge! I haven't even had time to get a score for this week but there's no way in hell I'm going to get near Koodo. Next time we need something easier, or something Koodo sucks at!

Top Bottom