• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Tri G (3DS) Update Thread

Tenbatsu

Logo-MH3G.jpg

Monster Hunter 3G
Release Date: 10th Dec 2011
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Number of Players: 1 (2 - 4 Local Play), StreetPass Support, Internet (Quest Download)
Save Data: 3
Retail Price: 5800 Yen (Normal Edition), 6990 Yen (Slide Pad + Game), 20800Yen (Limited 3DS Bundle)
E-Capcom Exclusive : http://www.e-capcom.com/mh3G

Official Site (Updated 1st Dec 11)
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3G/

Bundles
shohin_p02.jpg

shohin_p01_01.jpg

f9hwfr.jpg

12 Weapon Types

Slash Axe
weapon01_p02.jpg

Great Sword
weapon02_p02.jpg

Long Sword
weapon03_p02.jpg

Sword & Shield
weapon04_p02.jpg

Dual Sword
weapon05_p02.jpg

Hammer
weapon06_p02.jpg

Hunting Horn
weapon07_p02.jpg

Lance
weapon08_p02.jpg

Gun Lance
weapon09_p02.jpg

Light Bowgun
weapon10_p02.jpg

Heavy Bowgun
weapon11_p02.jpg

Bow
weapon12_p02.jpg

New Features (From MH Wikia)

- New cover monster Burakidiosu aka Yoshi
Kaname Fujioka said:
"Brute Wyverns up to now were largely seen as charging monsters. A lot of them didn’t use their front arms very much. As a result, we put a lot of that sort of thing into this monster, making its arms a lot larger and capable of punching things. It also headbutts its enemies, so it’s got a pretty straightforward fighting style, but when it punches, it also releases this sticky material on the ground that gradually builds up and explodes over time. Burakidiosu’s moves are pretty simple, but it’s spewing this goo all over the place, so players have to keep a close eye on their positioning at all times."
- Azure Rathalos, Pink Rathian and Plesioth are back

- There will be two Shakalakas (Cha Cha + Kayanba) to join hunts

- Mountain Stream area from Monster Hunter Portable 3rd returns

- New camera feature now allows hunters to center the camera on selected nearby monsters

- The bottom touch-sensitive screen can be customized to access various kinds of info and menus

- Bowguns are split into just Light and Heavy, omitting the unique Bowgun customization present in Tri.

- Loc Lac City from Monster Hunter Tri will be replaced with Tanjia Port

- Village Quests will have High Rank equivalents

- White Lagi Subspecies confirmed

- Gobul G rank armor confirmed to be Juri from SSF4

- New Screens (20/10/11)

- Jinouga, Doboruberuku, Jhen Mohran and Deviljho sub species confirmed

- New PVs

- New screens (1/11/11)

- Limiter Release Parts for both Light and Heavy bowguns of rare 6 and above
a) Lightbow: X + A load all bullets at one go, omit the need to reload when you change to other bullet types. Lost the use of rapid-fire (Increases the loadable amount of rapid-fire supported ammo)
b) Heavybow: Attack up, Dragon S can be used, No crouch shot (Increases the loadable amount of crouch shot supported ammo)

- 3 new masks, Whetstone, Dung and ウチケシMask (no idea what it is)

- Plesioth subspecies

- You can save up to 3 set of touch panel customization

- New screens (29/11/11)

- New collaboration Enterbrain Slash Axe 'Slash Fox' (!) and Guild Card

- G level armor X series (with a whole new look) after upgrading from S series

- 3 new G level skills:
i) Meat Lover - Eating any kind of meat will have Dash Juice effect
ii) Honey Hunter - Gather 2 X Royal Honey and Honey
iii) Diving Distance Enhance - Dive further when using the invincible dive

IkqG1.jpg

- Jhen Moran Sub species screens

- More Streetpass screens added

* Will update whenever there is any new info. No port begging allow, john tv will hunt you down

Bento

Tenbatsu said:
[Number of Players: 1 (2 - 4 Local Play)
FUCK! Seriously? Why can't handheld games make the leap console games have made when it comes to online play? That was really THE expectation I had on this new generation of handhelds :( Is it a infrastructure thing? I just don't understand why it wouldn't be given that any multiplayer game released today would not have online support. Even games developed by indie studios have it :(

Day 1 anyway :((

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Better end up having an online system in the west or essentially a pointless release. Unless 3DS can be jury rigged up to X-Link Kai stuff or something.

Pompadourasaurus is probably the worst cover monster yet.

Raide

Oni Link 666 said:
What are subspecies exactly? More small monsters?

You should add that you get 2 Shachalakas now.

*coughnerfgobulcough*

Like Baggi's are a sub-species of Jaggi's. So monsters in the same species but of different types. Also the way they do Ice Barroth etc.

Nisa65

Any reason for not being able to buy the e-capcom set using a convenience store for payment? I'd gladly buy the full set if I was able to go into my nearest Lawson and pay for it. You can buy the figure using this method but none of the bundles.

DiscoJer

Bento said:
FUCK! Seriously? Why can't handheld games make the leap console games have made when it comes to online play? That was really THE expectation I had on this new generation of handhelds :( Is it a infrastructure thing? I just don't understand why it wouldn't be given that any multiplayer game released today would not have online support. Even games developed by indie studios have it :(

It's a cultural thing - Japanese gamers actually take their handhelds outside their house.

It's really not that different than LAN parties in the old days in the West. Maybe the Japanese will eventually move to going online only, but if so, I think they're losing out on a better experience. Doing things with people face to face is always better, IMHO.

Bento

DiscoJer said:
It's a cultural thing - Japanese gamers actually take their handhelds outside their house.

It's really not that different than LAN parties in the old days in the West. Maybe the Japanese will eventually move to going online only, but if so, I think they're losing out on a better experience. Doing things with people face to face is always better, IMHO.
I enjoy a good LAN experience myself but I don't see why having a local option should exclude having online :( It's almost a given that any Iphone multiplayer game will have an online option available, why would that not be the case with 3DS and (maybe?) Vita? It's just one of those things that makes the Smartphones increasingly more appealing at the expense of the dedicated game handhelds :S

Kyoufu

I'll buy this if Xlink add 3DS support, otherwise no point playing a single-player MH. Totally jealous of those who can play with friends locally.

Erethian

Bento said:
I enjoy a good LAN experience myself but I don't see why having a local option should exclude having online :( It's almost a given that any Iphone multiplayer game will have an online option available, why would that not be the case with 3DS and (maybe?) Vita? It's just one of those things that makes the Smartphones increasingly more appealing at the expense of the dedicated game handhelds :S

A lot of it comes down to the developer and the particular franchise. It's fair to say Capcom isn't considering the Western handheld market when they make multiplayer design decisions for Monster Hunter.

Tenbatsu

Bento said:
Keep your hopes up. From this screen:

shinka02_p05.jpg

OFFLINE, ONLINE on the left and 'FRIEND'S PORT SEARCH' on the right. Why do I need to search for my friend's port when he is just right in front of me via local play is anyone's guesses.

gogogow

Tenbatsu said:

shinka02_p05.jpg

OFFLINE, ONLINE on the left and 'FRIEND'S PORT SEARCH' on the right. Why do I need to search for my friend's port when he is just right in front of me via local play is anyone's guesses.
Online (ad-hoc)/offline gathering halls (just like in the PSP MH's)? Friends port search might be that customizable house in MHTri. You can probably visit your friends house etc (in ad-hoc mode).

Tenbatsu

Boney said:
Juri? wat

Also, Ten, don't get my hopes up, that's just cruel.
That's Juri for sure:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3G/weapon05.html

Previously it was Chun Li.
0119f2569878c17a5922edd4611753fc.jpg

gogogow said:
Online (ad-hoc)/offline gathering halls (just like in the PSP MH's)? Friends port search might be that customizable house in MHTri. You can probably visit your friends house etc (in ad-hoc mode).
It's still up for debate. I don't see the reason why we need that function when I can just join my friend's port via the online option on the left. (Like the psp ver, online -> room) Visiting his house can be done when I join his game.

Maybe it's for 3DS friend list. Currently it makes no sense till we get more info.

syoaran

Likely to pick up a Japanese 3DS and this when I pick up my VITA, as I can't see a western release coming sadly =(

Kyoufu

Tenbatsu said:

shinka02_p05.jpg

That doesn't give me any hope, since it's not infrastructure...

Tenbatsu

Kyoufu said:
That doesn't give me any hope, since it's not infrastructure...
Lol yeah we need a server :p

Anw rumor is that Capcom will be announcing a charging model after the nov e-Shop update.

Erethian

Nuclear Muffin said:
Hang on, I thought that this was using SpotPass, not StreetPass.

Are you sure that you're not getting confused between the two here?

Why would a MH game, out of all games, not use StreetPass?

Tenbatsu

Nuclear Muffin said:

すれちがい通信 is Street Pass.

Tenbatsu said:
すれちがい通信 is Street Pass.

Oh ok, will be interesting to see what it uses it for.

I'm shocked that it's not using Spotpass though. It would be perfect for delivering new quests, monsters and such automatically!

Hope that they're still looking it add in Spotpass support, otherwise it would be a huge missed opportunity!

wsippel

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:

It most likely supports both. They didn't announce any partnerships for event quests yet, so it probably doesn't make sense to talk about SpotPass at this point.

wsippel said:
It most likely supports both. They didn't announce any partnerships for event quests yet, so it probably doesn't make sense to talk about SpotPass at this point.

Hope so. Seems crazy not to do it!

Plus I would imagine that they would want to save some announcements for later on, in order to keep the hype train going (hopefully online play is one of those that will be announced once the November update hits - which will make paid DLC/online subscriptions become available to 3DS developers!)

Twinduct

Gah, so the one game that forced me to get a PSP and then a Wii. Will also be the one game that forces me to buy a 3DS.

GG capcom, you fucks.

Tenbatsu

Kyoufu said:
Now my hopes are up.. I hate you ; ;
Also on the website of SSFIV 3D it is listed as:
■プレイ人数:1人(通信プレイ時 2人)

But the game still support online play. That's why I said to keep your hopes up :)

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/3DS/

Nuclear Muffin said:
I'm shocked that it's not using Spotpass though. It would be perfect for delivering new quests, monsters and such automatically!
shinka02_p02.jpg

Last option is EVENT QUEST. Clear your doubt?

gogogow

Nuclear Muffin said:
Oh ok, will be interesting to see what it uses it for.

Hope that they're still looking it add in Spotpass support, otherwise it would be a huge missed opportunity!
Receiving fellow hunters guild cards can be pretty cool.

Tenbatsu said:

But the game still support online play. That's why I said to keep your hopes up :)

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/3DS/

shinka02_p02.jpg

Last option is EVENT QUEST. Clear your doubt?

Well, not completely since the download procedure may still have to be user initiated (like the PSP games)

I'm hoping that it will be using Spotpass for automatic downloads of event quest content. It makes perfect sense to do it, but it's not listed yet.

But you're right about the online play though. There's a very good chance that they're saving the announcement until November.

Twinduct

Quick question, any idea on how long after the JPN release before it's ported to english?
And don't flame me, but is there any realistic chance of a 3DS revision before the EU release of MH3G ?

(Don't want to end up buying a unit now and then be burned by the time MH3G comes to EU)

Twinduct said:
Quick question, any idea on how long after the JPN release before it's ported to english?
And don't flame me, but is there any realistic chance of a 3DS revision before the EU release of MH3G ?

(Don't want to end up buying a unit now and then be burned by the time MH3G comes to EU)

I really doubt that. As for how long it will take for a localised version to come out, who knows?

Most of the localisation work is actually already done (since Tri was released in English already). Nobody knows how much extra text there is in this version and even if there isn't much, Capcom might decide to sit on it for a while for god knows what reason.

They could probably get it out in time for March if they wanted to.

Twinduct

Nuclear Muffin said:
I really doubt that. As for how long it will take for a localised version to come out, who knows?

Most of the localisation work is actually already done (since Tri was released in English already). Nobody knows how much extra text there is in this version and even if there isn't much, Capcom might decide to sit on it for a while for god knows what reason.

Ok cool. Well here's hoping there is no revision! Might just end up buying me a 3DS next month.

according to wikipedia:

Tri:
Release date(s)
JP August 1, 2009
NA April 20, 2010[1]
EU April 23, 2010[2]
AUS April 29, 2010[3]

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Release date(s)
JP March 27, 2008
NA June 23, 2009[1]
EU June 26, 2009[2]

Oh well, hoping they follow Tri's schedule, rather than unite.

Kurod

Banned
Twinduct said:

Noone even knows if it will be translated into English. Portable 3rd still hasn't but Capcom seems to be pointing the finger at Sony for that. Nintendo might want to push it more in the west so it's up in the air.

As far as a 3DS revision...again noone knows. Lots of speculation that there will be but it seems 3G will play fine without the second pad.

Twinduct

Kurod said:
Noone even knows if it will be translated into English. Portable 3rd still hasn't but Capcom seems to be pointing the finger at Sony for that. Nintendo might want to push it more in the west so it's up in the air.

As far as a 3DS revision...again noone knows. Lots of speculation that there will be but it seems 3G will play fine without the second pad.

I will not go back to the CLAW! :D
Gah, I might just wait anyway. There might even be a special edition if Nintendo Pushes it hard enough.

gogogow

Twinduct said:
Gah, I might just wait anyway. There might even be a special edition if Nintendo Pushes it hard enough.
There's no reason to use the claw. You can use the touchscreen to rotate the camera.

Twinduct said:

There's no need to claw, you have camera controls on the touch screen that supposedly work very well.

Twinduct

Nuclear Muffin said:
There's no need to claw, you have camera controls on the touch screen that supposedly work very well.

Mind blown.
I completely forgot about the touch screen ... Well this changes things quite a bit. Hell those two shoulder buttons on the slide pad better add a ton of function, or I might just stay away from that thing.

beje

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:
But you're right about the online play though. There's a very good chance that they're saving the announcement until November.

That makes too much sense to be true. Yeah, maybe they're waiting for Nintendo to officially announce the paid DLC and Pay-to-Play features before they spill the beans about it (because it will have a subscription in Japan). If the update is coming mid-late November more or less (to be ready for Mario Kart 7 which is released the first week of December and needs the update for automatically jumping to the game from the friend list and stuff like that) probably Nintendo will have some kind of press release or event to talk about the details late October or the first week of November. Do we have any indication of any events around that dates that could match?

wsippel

Banned
beje said:
That makes too much sense to be true. Yeah, maybe they're waiting for Nintendo to officially announce the paid DLC and Pay-to-Play features before they spill the beans about it (because it will have a subscription in Japan). If the update is coming mid-late November more or less (to be ready for Mario Kart 7 which is released the first week of December) probably Nintendo will have some kind of press release or event to talk about the details late October or the first week of November. Do we have any indication of any events around that dates that could match?
There's certainly something mid October, when Nintendo releases the numbers for the third quarter. Anything online and digital distribution should be interesting to investors as well after all. And I think there should be a retailer meeting as well. Isn't that always the second or third week of the first month of a quarter as well?

wsippel said:
There's certainly something mid October, when Nintendo releases the numbers for the third quarter. Anything online and digital distribution should be interesting to investors as well after all. And I think there should be a retailer meeting as well. Isn't that always the second or third week of the first month of a quarter as well?

Yeah, there is a retailer meeting at the end of the year. But I reckon that we'll probably see more details on this OS update and paid DLC in the next Investor Relations Q&A. Nintendo often give lots of information on things like this (and sometimes announce upcoming games, like Wii Party and Kirby Returns to Dreamland) at these events.

The next Q&A should be coming at the end of October. We'll probably get details then.

Ratrat

Tenbatsu said:

You are cruel person. :mad:

Top Bottom