• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm asleep right now and don't know exactly what to do about it. Experiments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Here's the short journey in which I got here. I'm 25. Recently, I've had to boot the hospital (and stay there for 120 days and counting). Never have I let the hospital (except one, on day 100, just for fun), yay. Now, I've never done any drugs. Not even weed (I have abosolutely nothing against them, either), but that's a new experience for me.

Well, the sleep conditios in my room are less than ideal, causing daily environmental-induced insomnia. Without mentioning my specific doses, my doctors prescribed a hefty amount of ambien to help me sleep, The medecine I'm being given is araguably too much, sort of in that "just right" amount category. (IF I need more that night, I can take it without reprocussions.)

These are my first nights while taking the drug.

DAY 1. (May 2)
One day, in the past week (4 days ago, to be exact), I was woken up at 4am in ambien-induced state. Since I always have either my father or mother with me in my hospital, there's nothing dangerous about it. My dad asks me why I'm awake, and I apparently tell him something about the Zelda Orchestra Concert. Because I'm I''m a Zelda nerd and would love to go to it. Plus, it's opening near me in July, I think. (According to the date, it's not something that'd be impossible for him to believe.)

So I get working, looking up ticket prices, best times available, preshows, post shows, seeing if my VGL pass would get me backstages, etc etc. All while simultaneuously seraching for amateur performancs of classic themes. Psh. I tie the whole night together by going into a deep discussion with my nurse about my fool-proof to see this concert. The rest of the story gets fuzzy, and even the stuff I told now was thanks to my dad filling in bits of pieces of what he saw. I will say that whem I did wake up, I had tickets in my online shopping cart, and told my friend Nate I was going via text.

Oh, I guess got up and screamed "I PEED IN MY PANTS! I GOT IT ON ALL FOUR OF THEM (?)" "I NEED A CHANGE STAT, YUKI SHO HOTTIE-DOC". Turns out I didn't pee, but I did change what I was wearing.

DAY 2.
Day 2, I remember the least. It had something to do with finding the perfect place in the hospital hallways to be let alone (even though the particular wing I'm restricted to, is like, 800 square feet of hallway with about 150 square feet of an overused louge. The one big thing that did come from Day 2 was the fact that I slipped into a Lucid Dream, a huge rarity for me.I tried to hang onto it as long as I could, but eventually Palutena crashed us into the side of the house.

I remember stupidly trying to jot down anything I could remember about the dream, and what caused it. Classically stolen from every stoner comedy ever, my notepad did not have the secrets I so despretively I had captured.

DAY 3.
Before falling asleep, my mom and I noticed that our next door neighbors looked out, Even looks a bit bigger, and less noisey. Either way, I set a plan in action by talking to the nurse to procure that room tomorrow. Since she was the only nurse on-call at that moment, she didn't have any answers, and said I'd probably have to wait until they could talk to the appropriate staff. (Protip about Hospitals: Stuff doesn't get done, and there generally isn't an "appropriate time* for anything not immediately medical-related.) So aw well, guess I'll just give up until tomorrow.

Or 4am. I jump out of bed, walk over to the empty room, and proclaim that the property will belong to me that night. I will annex Room 759 of the hospital! My mom, tired and confused, tries to deduce what I'm doing, and lands on a "late night walk". Untill I start bringing in furniture and belongings. After some Samuel L Jackson-style logic, I convince my mom to aide in this 4am move. My room had a bunch of crap, and, to our credit, by 6 am it was almost dude. But then everything wore out and I passed out. I remember waking up in the new room, completely furnished by my mom and some aides. (Still feel bad about that one.)

DAY 4.

This time I woke at 3am after achieving something super rare for me - a lucid dream. If you're not familiar with the term, kid, please Wiki it up. Since I have such a fascination with lucidy, yet suck so badly at it. So after I arose from my lucid dream, I decided I had to extrapolite all of the relevant data that came with the dream. What time was it? Roughly how much did it last? Food before? Temp of the room? Day of the week? ALL KINDS OF POSSIBLE DATA NEEDED TO BE COLLECTED.

So I scrambled to figure out where I could write it all, and eliminate any possible clutter. We're going for instant organization. So I hopped on the App store, testing out handfuls of apps. 30 minutes later, I realised I had failed to find them by chance. "But hey!" I thought, "those Apple prop software apps are supposed to be good, right?" So, since I wanted to collet raw data points themost, I naturally tried Numbers. Whereas you can truly manipulate your spreadsheets for every purpose you want in Excel, I feel like numbers gets pissed when you try to remove word wrap, or change thickness. Psh.

So I got the obviously next best thing. Pages! It's just like Microsoft Word, so it seem like it could categorize data decently well, too. Except, it's really just a word processor, and it's cool with being that.

Finally, I thought, "Keynote must let me do what I need!" It's presentation software, so there's no way I wouldn't be able to create lists, have word clips, and data charts, all in a spiffy package. And now I can get back to work!
Uhhh... what was I talking about again?

And that's how I ended up with $30 worth of Apple productivity software.

DAY 5.

Today. No big surprise here. After becomming borderline comatose from watching old people shoot aligators on History, I started to doze off, only to wake up and create this thread.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Interesting adventures. Did you end up getting the Orchestra tickets? Do the Doctors know what's wrong with you? Are you improving and do you know how much longer you'll be in the hospital for?

Daft_Cat

Sounds crazy. Thread kinda reads like you're currently in an ambien induced state.

Good to hear from you, by the way. I hope this means the bone marrow transplant is going well.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
In case anyone didn't figure it out, I take ambien to help with insomnia at the hospital. Last night, I (once again) ended up doing things in my sleep I barely remember. This time is was making a thread on GAF

Sort of an interesting thing going back and reading what I sloppily put together last night. Sorry about that. If anyone has any suggestions for things to do tonight, let me know, lol.

Edit: I didn't get the orchestra tickets yet, just because it'll be so close to whether or not I'm able to go. I hope I can, though.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
the only time I took Ambien in the hospital was when i was holed up for a few days in ICU post-surgery. right outside my room were two large, metallic doors that swung open automatically whenever doctors, nurses or family members flowed through. they made a horrible racket throughout the night.

i complained about it one night and the nurse was able to get the on-call doctor to OK ambien. i was knocked out quickly, but woke up screaming a few hours later from one of the most vivid, horrific nightmares that, oddly enough, i didn't even remember right after waking up. and i remember being terrified and paranoid for most of that morning.

i swore never to take that again. good luck to you, sir.

alphaNoid

Banned
Kl5T9.gif

chiQ

That has to be the most interesting OP I've read in a while. I do weird things on sleeping pills too. Less said the better really.

Keep updating! I like reading your incoherent coherence. You are the most together drug rambler ever.

Oh, and be well, and don't relapse, and have an awesome recovery from here so you can go to the Zelda thing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom