• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LinkedIn Profile For Sony Engineer Mentions \"PlayStation 4\"

V_Ben

Banned
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/frederick-umminger/7/77/4b8?_mSplash=1

Frederick Umminger's Experience

Manager Software Engineering
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; SNE; Entertainment industry
June 2010 – Present (2 years) Foster City, CA

Manage a team of 4 engineers.
- Maintained audio input and output libraries for PlayStation 3
- Maintained voice chat library for PlayStation 4
- Developed voice chat libraries for PlayStation Vita
- Investigated new audio technologies

That's a thing. Suppose it needs a thread. Also, Voice Chat confirmed.

Suppose this is sort of the time somebody internal to SCE has said "PlayStation 4".

Edit: Source: Superannuation twitter account.

I have no idea what happened to the thread title.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Does this mean that SCEA is handling some of the PS4 developments and it's not completely in the incompetent hands of SCEJ this time?

It wasn't 100% confirmed it would be called Playstation 4, given the Japanese and the number 4, so I'm not sure why everyone is joking about.

Sort of confirms it will be called that now.

JABEE

Is PS4 going to be announced soon? At what stage in development, do teams start working on system software?

Izick

Is it really that big a surprise the next one will have voice chat? Also, it's likely that Playstation 4 is just a placeholder name, right? I thought that Sony was supposed to name it something different? Either way, I don't think it's that big a deal. I'm guessing people wouldn't react as much if had just said "Sony's next-generation platform" though.

member_5202400.jpeg

Anyone asked him for some more details on Facebook?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
It wasn't 100% confirmed it would be called Playstation 4, given the Japanese and the number 4, so I'm not sure why everyone is joking about.

i have it on the good faith of common sense that it isn't called anything right now because it hasn't been announced.

calling it PlayStation 4 at this point is equatable to calling it "the fourth PlayStation"

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
He seems to be of a pretty sympathetic gentry, I'm sure he'll understand if you invade his privacy.

wotta

He has changed his C.V to correct the typo now. It was quite obvious really since it was listed under PS3 but before PS4. It also said maintained, suggesting it was in the past.

Yeah, I thought the Japanese considered 4 to be very unlucky, so I was wondering how they were going to handle this with the PS4.

Yeah, I thought the Japanese considered 4 to be very unlucky, so I was wondering how they were going to handle this with the PS4.

They do. It's because one of the Japanese words for the number 4 is the same word they use for "death."

So yes, Japan tends to avoid that number, and the number 9 as well.

Top Bottom