• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dinosaurs attacked Noah's Ark (during an epic Angel battle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So, my girlfriend (who is a 7th day Adventist) brought home a book from her aunt. "A Creationist View of Dinosaurs, and The Theory of Evolution". The aunt knows that I'm an atheist who believes in evolution and an old Earth and all that scientific stuff. This is her subtle way of "educating" me. :) The book is full of the usual. Carbon dating doesn't work, the Great Flood killed everything, the Bible is factual evidence, etc. The entire book is hand drawn like a black and white comic book though, and some of the art isn't too bad. Someone put a lot of time into making it. Although it all comes across as religious propaganda to me, I read through it and found it interesting due to it's art and presentation.

419tabqL6wL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

HOWEVER, nothing could have prepared me for what would come at the END of the book:

The author proposes that Noah's Ark was most likely attacked by the dinosaurs (in their final dying moments) in the early moments of the Great Flood, It gets better. He also believes that not only did they attack Noah's immense vessel, but they did so because fallen angels, bitterly angry at God, were driving them to attack the Ark in an attempt to end humanity forever!!! And the only reason the Ark survived the dinosaur and fallen angel onslaught was because the devout angels still faithful to God fought them off in an epic battle!

That's fantastically AWESOME. I'd seriously LOVE for someone to make a Hollywood movie out of this. The movie could start out with Noah (played by Chris Hemsworth) building his ark and the rest of the community making fun of him. Then the mid act would be Noah collecting all of the pairs of animals from all over the world and herding them back to the Ark. And the last act would be the start of the Great Flood, with Noah setting sail and rebuking the frantic rest of humanity as they beg and plead with him to take them along, of course followed by the epic Angel and dinosaur battle as the movie's Grand Climax.

Fuck, I'd pay to see that movie!!!!!

I'll take a few pics of the artwork later and post them up, it's worth the effort!

EDIT: here is my post with some pics of the illustrations about the epic dino / angel battle:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39174616&postcount=277

Prez

They'd probably give Steve Carell the role of Noah again, so no thanks.

And what what the reason Noah didn't take any dinosaurs or many other extinct animals on his Ark in the first place?

Mengy

The best part, and what I found so incredibly awesome, is that after pages and pages of stuff saying how silly and ridiculous evolution and science are, THIS is what followed all of that. And he presented it like it was undeniable FACT.

I almost wonder if the author was seriously trolling the religious community just to see how far he could push the envelope!!! :)

Suairyu

Banned
It's amazing the mental gymnastics that young Earth Christian fundamentalists will go through to justify their extreme assumptions.

It gets to the point that their faith less resembles Christianity than the average Muslim's.

The author proposes that Noah's Ark was most likely attacked by the dinosaurs (in their final dying moments) in the early moments of the Great Flood, It gets better. He also believes that not only did they attack Noah's immense vessel, but they did so because fallen angels, bitterly angry at God, were driving them to attack the Ark in an attempt to end humanity forever!!! And the only reason the Ark survived the dinosaur and fallen angel onslaught was because the devout angels still faithful to God fought them off in an epic battle!
No one here can prove that this didn't happen.

The best part, and what I found so incredibly awesome, is that after pages and pages of stuff saying how silly and ridiculous evolution and science are, THIS is what followed all of that. And he presented it like it was undeniable FACT.

I almost wonder if the author was seriously trolling the religious community just to see how far he could push the envelope!!! :)

You should commission a painting of this to put up in your living room, and show it to your aunt. She might think she got through to you, but no, you just really love angels and dinosaurs ripping each other to pieces. Also, put lasers on the dinosaurs and make it graphic.

Mengy

They'd probably give Steve Carell the role of Noah again, so no thanks.

And what what the reason Noah didn't take any dinosaurs or many other extinct animals on his Ark in the first place?

The book explains this. Noah tried to save the dinosaurs, but after the fallen angels enraged them in an attempt to destroy the Ark he had to leave them behind.

Oh, and the dinosaurs were killed by the Great Flood after Noah abandoned them, not by climate change. The reason why dino fossils always have their heads facing upwards is because they died gasping for air while drowning due to the flood waters. It's even illustrated in the book!

SmithnCo

Noah thought the flood was bad enough? He hasn't seen anything yet. Coming Summer 2013.

He's gonna need two of every animal... To fight hundreds of every dinosaur.

dabig2

Sounds absolutely badass.

Aren't they making a Noah movie soon? Someone get them to rewrite the script to be this.

Prez

You should commission a painting of this to put up in your living room, and show it to your aunt. She might think she got through to you, but no, you just really love angels and dinosaurs ripping each other to pieces. Also, put lasers on the dinosaurs and make it graphic.

He could get his girlfriend's family to reenact this historic moment and they'd love him for such a wonderful idea.

Actually, everyone should be reenacting this instead of Jesus' birth on Christmas every year.

If dinosaurs died during the flood, how could Jesus ride one in all the pictures?

You'd think these creationists would be consistent atleast...

bengraven

No ... he's in the sequel

JesusRidingDinosaur.jpg

That's actually the prequel...back when God and dinosaurs were cool with each other, before they fell under the influence of Satan.

The third movie would be about raptors attacking Jesus in the auxillary shed and him dying for our sins and to bring the power back on while muttering, "hold onto yer butts..."

strafer

If there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, expands to new territories, and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, ah, well, there it is.

How did he even explain it? Can't recall any bible passages about angels fighting dinosaurs

Seriously, there are a bunch of battles described in the Old Testament, mostly the Israelites wiping out the rest of the Holy Land, but they couldn't describe the best battle?

Fallen angels sleeping with human women was the main reason for the flood according to the bible. I'm pretty sure it doesn't say shit about animals attacking the Ark. You'd think they would be pretty under control, given the wide variety of vicious beasts on that boat.

ronito

In church I had several teachers postulate that the earth was actually made up of different chunks from other planets and that's where the bones came from. Some even said that there would be fossils on the moon because of this.

bengraven

Speaking of which, I love how cartoonists used to joke about dinosaurs or mythological beasts not making the ark on time or their ship getting lost/destroyed, or them not getting the memo about the ark.

And then years and years later now Creationists are using the cartoonists' jokes as canon.

Mengy

How did he even explain it? Can't recall any bible passages about angels fighting dinosaurs

He rationalized it out like this:

Dinosaurs were alive before the Flood 4000 thousand years ago, but we know that Noah didn't save them because we don't have Dino's today. Also their buried bones proves that they died in the Flood. SOOOOoooo, with the fallen angels expelled from Heaven over God's love of the humans, but with God killing all the humans except for Noah and his family, what an opportune time it must have been for the fallen to seek their vengeance! They must have taken advantage of such a fortuitous moment! But the fallen were of course too few to challenge the devout angels on their own, so they enlisted the aid of the mighty dinosaurs and their destructive might to help them achieve their goals.

I mean why else wouldn't Noah have saved the dinosaurs? It's the only logical conclusion from the evidence we have today. (his words!!!!)

EDIT: Ah, I see Neuromancer found some images on the web, LOL! I'll post the one with the good angels fighting back the fallen and dinos later!!!

Bit-Bit

Christian Bale as Noah.

Directed by Steven Spielberg.

"For fuck sake man, these fuckin amateurs" Bale said as he flung a spear through the heart of a flying tyrannosaurus. The creature goes crashing into the ocean as an Angel dismounts from it just in time.

The Angel(played by Daniel Day Lewis) lands next to Boa(Bale/Noah) and the two begins an epic fist fight in unison with the thundering rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom