• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge #243 - Halo 4

Detox

Cover:
i7b9fcfaYdZui.JPG
Next Month:

Reviews:
Lollipop Chainsaw - 7
Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor - 6
Spec Ops: The Line - 7
Game of Thrones - 5
Inversion - 6
Heroes of Ruin - 6
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - 9
Beat The Beat: Rythm Paradise - 8
Babel Rising - 3
Art of Balance: Touch - 8
Gauge - Game - 9

glaurung

Surprised at the Steel Battalion grade, but that was already discussed in the game's thread.

More surprised at the clusterfuck that is Spec Ops. Disappointed in Heroes of Ruin, I was hoping more.

Kem0sabe

So an unplayable game (Steal Battalion) gets a higher score than games you can actually play (Game of Thrones)?

EDGE and it´s review scores... lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I am very curious to see that Steel Battalion review.

More surprised at the clusterfuck that is Spec Ops. Disappointed in Heroes of Ruin, I was hoping more.

Really? I'm shocked it got a 6, that seems very generous from Edge.

JonCha

I really should just subscribe considering I've had almost every issue this year. It's been consistently good, and should get even better as the Wii U approaches.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I haven't actually played it yet, but you're saying that even 6 is a lot?

Based on the demo, yes. 6 from Edge is above average, they've given games like Smash Bros Melee a 6 in the past.

glaurung

Sounds like a stupid Kingdom Hearts quote. I'm going with KH3...
Hmm, that actually makes sense.

For a moment there I was leaning towards something like Endless Space (wouldn't really warrant an appearance on the cover of a magazine) or some Sins of the Solar Empire game.

But KH sounds about right.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Re: teaser...

Imma go with Media Molecule's new IP. Imma keep saying that until it turns out to be true.

Detox

I want to say the teaser is a sequel to From Dust that focuses on water but I'm not sure how likely it is to get a sequel.

mclem

Really? It fits with Dust 514 for me in a big way; the sort of thing a PR guy would say about how it dynamically interacts with EVE.

Detox

I have to agree none of the covers have wowed me. The Halo artwork is really good as it extends to the back but all that text messes it up. I understand they have to attract attention in shops but I would love it if subscribers got a less cluttered cover.

I have to agree none of the covers have wowed me. The Halo artwork is really good as it extends to the back but all that text messes it up. I understand they have to attract attention in shops but I would love it if subscribers got a less cluttered cover.
Especially when they put the price up few months back. I was so close to cancelling but this year has been good and the new format has grown on me.

So is there actually any new halo content in there, or is it just a elaboration upon it's E3 showing?

JonCha

So is there actually any new halo content in there, or is it just a elaboration upon it's E3 showing?

I imagine there's an in-depth feature, perhaps their impressions, maybe an interview. Usually it's pretty interesting stuff. I'll get it anyway, so if someone else doesn't I'll type up some of the good stuff.

Untracked

Just read the Halo article, I'm very glad to hear vehicle handling has been tweaked and is now "enthralling".
Hog handling in Reach wasn't much fun for me, (too floaty, not enough weight) so hopefully I'll be able to throw them into turns without landing upside down in 4.

EagleBurn

Banned
Just read the Halo article, I'm very glad to hear vehicle handling has been tweaked and is now "enthralling".
Hog handling in Reach wasn't much fun for me, (too floaty, not enough weight) so hopefully I'll be able to throw them into turns without landing upside down in 4.

Is that all what was in the article for Halo 4? Any other info...

Arnie

I imagine there's an in-depth feature, perhaps their impressions, maybe an interview. Usually it's pretty interesting stuff. I'll get it anyway, so if someone else doesn't I'll type up some of the good stuff.
Thanks. Would be swell.
Sounds good, really didn't like how the vehicles handled in Reach, Hog specifically.

Oxx

Eww, my subscriber copy is horribly mangled. It must have gotten wet during yesterday's rainstorms.

I can barely turn the pages.

Untracked

Is that all what was in the article for Halo 4? Any other info...
That's the biggest deal for me lol. It's mainly stuff we already know. They talk about 343 taking over, how with Spartan Ops they are "basically entering the episodic television industry". An icy War Games map called Longbow is mentioned briefly, which is "perfect for Warthog action".
It's mostly things we saw in the E3 demo and a little bit about a Spartan Ops mission called The Dig. There's a few screenshots and some weapon art. Nothing mind-blowing. Frankie says all 343 are doing from now until launch is "polish and hard execution".

EagleBurn

Banned
That's the biggest deal for me lol. It's mainly stuff we already know. They talk about 343 taking over, how with Spartan Ops they are "basically entering the episodic television industry". An icy War Games map called Longbow is mentioned briefly, which is "perfect for Warthog action".
It's mostly things we saw in the E3 demo and a little bit about a Spartan Ops mission called The Dig. There's a few screenshots and some weapon art. Nothing mind-blowing. Frankie says all 343 are doing from now until launch is "polish and hard execution".

Ah, thanks. And if you didn't know, 343 released some impressive pics of Longbow yesterday.

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/06/28/The-Halo-Bulletin-62812.aspx

Walshicus

People have been telling me good things about the Game of Thrones RPG, but this is the first review score I've seen. What's the GAF consensus on it?

Top Bottom