• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: GameStop Italy showes new Wii U titles (F1 Race Stars, Warriors Orochi 3)

http://www.mattsgames.it/news/news-wii-u/8891-ecco-il-listino-wii-u-secondo-gamestop

Wii U console bianca : € 399 - 07/12/12
Ben10 Omniverse : € 54.98 - 29/11/12
F1 Race Stars : € 54.98 - 29/11/12
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge : € 59.98 - 29/11/12
PES 13 : € 59.98 - 15/02/13
Riseof the Guardians : € 54.98 - 21/11/12
Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed: € 59.98 - 30/11/12
Sport Island 12 : € 59.98 - 30/12/12
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 : € 54.98 - 29/11/12
Warriors Orochi 3 : € 59.98 - 30/11/12

This ties with the Blockbuster listing again, where it listed F1 All-Stars.

thuway

$399?

Nintendo dun' lost dey mind. I still think the system will launch $299 state side.

Also, F-Zero pleases me. The rest could give no fucks about.

Remember how DW Next on the Vita was basically DW7 ported to the Vita with touchscreen stuff added etc? I'm seeing this as that kind of situation.

Well DW Next, actually had some changes with a full story mode instead of doing the kingdoms stuff, and yeah bunch of touchscreens stuff. Koei showed "some" effort.

I expect WO3's port will basically be a straight port with like zero new features expect probably a map on the tablet controller!!!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Remember how DW Next on the Vita was basically DW7 ported to the Vita with touchscreen stuff added etc? I'm seeing this as that kind of situation.

Right. Its kind of like Batman for the Japanese market in terms of taking a relatively high profile 2011 release and having it for launch.

The sad thing is if its true it would be more high profile than anything Wii had for its Japanese launch.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This thing will be DOA at 399.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I don't know anything about this one... but last time Blockbuster list popped up, and everyone said it was fake, and I said it wasn't, no one believed me. These things are sometimes useful.

Busty

Banned
I'm intrigued by Nintendo's pricing policy on this machine. I'm not confident of it's success but a competitive price point could make it an attractive prospect to some.

The longer they wait to see how much this thing will actually cost the longer these 'placeholder prices' will stay up and stick in people's heads.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The console price is a a placeholder, as it will always be until the Fall Conference. Ignore it.

iNvid02

Wii U console bianca : € 399 -
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

The console price is a a placeholder, as it will always be until the Fall Conference. Ignore it.

bloody hope so

Right. Its kind of like Batman for the Japanese market in terms of taking a relatively high profile 2011 release and having it for launch.

The sad thing is if its true it would be more high profile than anything Wii had for its Japanese launch.

It would depend if the Japanese market even cares for more WO3 by the time the Wii U launches there.

Sure, the game sold pretty well when it first came out, but that was a year ago.

We can probably guess if they care when the portable version comes out next week and look at the sales.

F1 Race Stars, eh? Sounds kinda like a cartoony kart racer featuring Mii-esque caricatures of popular Formula 1 drivers. Sounds...exactly like the sort of thing a publisher thinks will sell on a Nintendo console.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
It would depend if the Japanese market even cares for more WO3 by the time the Wii U launches there.

Sure, the game sold pretty well when it first came out, but that was a year ago.

We can probably guess if they care when the portable version comes out next week and look at the sales.

Oh I doubt it would actually do particularly well or anything. Just saying that if you look at what the Wii launched at in Japan 3rd party wise, a year old port actually looks better!

Sayah

Tekken Tag 2 is the only standout title on that list. That's kind of sad but it justifies console purchase for non-PS360 owners.

Actually, we might have a tidbit on F1, Wii U Daily has an article showing bits of info:

http://wiiudaily.com/formula-1-all-stars/

Formula 1 All Stars is a racing game for the Wii U focusing on F1 racing. The game will feature F1 racing events spread over a career mode, single races, multiplayer and more. Not much is known about Formula 1 All Stars for the Wii U, but the first reports suggest that the game will be based more around arcade racing than hard core simulation. The game is in development at Codemasters, who are known for their racing series, including Dirt, which is a Wii U bound rally racing game. Formula 1 All Stars is the third Wii U racing game to be revealed, the first one being Project Cars and the second one being another Codemasters title: Dirt.

Formula 1 All Stars gameplay and features

Formula 1 All Stars gameplay will be “light” and based more on arcade type racing than simulation, according to a report. Players will still have a career mode guiding them through the 20-something Formula 1 season races throughout the world. However, it is unknown whether the game will utilize fully authentic and licensed car makers and drivers, like Ferrari and Fernando Alonso, or whether the game will use fictional drivers and brands. However, the race tracks are expected to stay true to their real world counterparts, including classics tracks such as Silverstone, Mugello, and the famous Monaco Grand Prix.

Doesn't really mention any cartoony direction.

I sent an email asking where these reports are from.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Tekken Tag 2 is the only standout title on that list. That's kind of sad but it justifies console purchase for non-PS360 owners.

The first Sonic racing game was fantastic.

DR2K

Banned

Yeah, but the Wii U pad looks like shit for fighters. So not really.

I dare Nintendo to release it at $399.99.

Sayah

The first Sonic racing game was fantastic.

I unfortunately haven't played that racing game so can't make any clear judgment on that. Although, sadly, I've been programmed to not associate quality with contemporary Sonic titles.

Yeah, but the Wii U pad looks like shit for fighters. So not really.

I dare Nintendo to release it at $399.99.

That's kind of also true. But they do have that second controller without the screen which seems like a better alternative. Or people can start learning joystick.

Prophane33

Even I have nothing good to say about a Wii U port of Warriors Orochi 3. Actually, I just started playing it on 360 today. One of the best warriors games; however, I can't see them adding anything to the Wii U version that would make it worth double dipping (Says the guy with a PS2 and 360 version of Dynasty Warrirors 5: Empires).

Edit: Though I guess it could be based off the SPECIAL version coming out on (I think) PSP later this year. Now, the first ORIGINAL Koei game on Wii U, I'll keep my eyes open for, ports, meh.

Resilient

Did any of you read the OP??

399 EURO = 488 USD

What on earth makes any of you think these prices are anything more than placeholders??

Even I have nothing good to say about a Wii U port of Warriors Orochi 3. Actually, I just started playing it on 360 today. One of the best warriors games; however, I can't see them adding anything to the Wii U version that would make it worth double dipping (Says the guy with a PS2 and 360 version of Dynasty Warrirors 5: Empires).

Edit: Though I guess it could be based off the SPECIAL version coming out on (I think) PSP later this year. Now, the first ORIGINAL Koei game on Wii U, I'll keep my eyes open for, ports, meh.

I don't really expect KOEI to even bother upscaling the models of the PSP only characters to match with the Wii U's graphics.

Yeah, I expect this should basically be a straight and boring port with maybe tablet controllers maps!

the italian gamestop site receved an update this night with many of those titles.

F1 Face Riders and Sports Island 12 are nowhere to be seen and there is FIFA '13 instead of PES '13, but prices and release dates are the same and there is still Warriors Orochi 3

GameStop Italy

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
All I know is that if this launches at $399, I'm taking the time to personally respond to each person who said I was insane. It'll be a bitter-sweet "I told ya so".

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Codemasters mentioned a 'family friendly' F1 game when they announced F1 Online... I think that may have been as far back as last year, actually.

I guess F1 Race Stars is that 'family friendly' game.

Ah... here's the quote: http://gamespress.com/release.asp?c=|0j7

Rod Cousens, CEO, Codemasters said:
“We got off to a strong start with FORMULA ONE but we harbour ambitions to do much more. FORMULA ONE is front of mind at Codemasters and we give it the focus and attention it deserves. We have established close links across the sport and they know that, in Codemasters, they have a great partner.

“We remain ambitious with our plans and want to take the series forward. We want to take it to new geographies, make it available on new platforms to new audiences. We are taking FORMULA ONE to a new online platform this spring and our portfolio will be extended with a FORMULA ONE experience that will address a younger video game audience later in 2012. Our teams are hard at it, creating world class FORMULA ONE games across multiple genres for players irrespective of location or gaming platform and now, for many years to come.”

So it's a kids game.

AniHawk

All I know is that if this launches at $399, I'm taking the time to personally respond to each person who said I was insane. It'll be a bitter-sweet "I told ya so".

if it's $399.99 it better come with some composite av cables and a plug.

Top Bottom