• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There is now a mermaid show on Discovery.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pau

My sister literally just called me over to tell me: "PAU THEY FOUND MERMAIDS! IT'S ON DISCOVERY CHANNEL."

And just when I thought I only had to deal with the stupid alien shows...

-___-;

Orrichio

tumblr_m6xk5zYAPR1qhvdqao3_1280.jpg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Uh, I can't tell if you are kidding or not. Nova is still being made today (I watch it almost every time it is on).

I'm totally kidding. The joke is that shows about the real world can be massive successes like NOVA and yet the "History Channel" and the Discovery Channel are abandoning actual programs about history and science for pseudo-reality-TV tripe

Chris R

I'm totally kidding. The joke is that shows about the real world can be massive successes like NOVA and yet the "History Channel" and the Discovery Channel are abandoning actual programs about history and science for pseudo-reality-TV tripe

Ah ok, just making sure. Didn't know if you actually thought that Nova didn't make it out of the 70s or not heh.

And ya, I'm really disappointed with what the Discovery/Learning/History channels became. At least the Science Channel is half way decent every now and then (if they aren't airing another How It's Made marathon).

Mitsurux

Just watched the show, (and also recording the repeat for later viewing),

Either this is a "War of the worlds" type of hoax, or science desicovery of the century.

The filming of the show, specifically the inter views seems rather odd to me, its hard to determin if the "Cell phone" and other footage was real or fake....

I'm pretty sure it was a elaborate hoax, with government conspiracies, crappy footage etc.

But then again.... LOL

Epcott

My brother sent me a text to tune in to it. It was pretty much Alien Autopsy 2.0, so I turned on Black Dynamite instead... and never looked back.
Smh, Discovery... what happened to you?

There's this part right now where I swear to god one merman cuts himself with a spear to draw blood to attract a giant shark away from the rest of his mermaid tribe.

injurai

Banned
on... discovery. Reasons like this is why I gave up cable for netflix and internet only. all the great channels are now shit.

It can't be as stupid as Finding Bigfoot can it? "OMG there are broken down branches and I heard a howl it can only be bigfoot is nearby"

Uhm... NOVA airs on PBS and isn't beholden to advertisement dollar.

History/Learning/Discovery channels have to rely on commercials and ratings to stay afloat so you get what you pay for.

People on Twitter are confused

Bobby Hansen Jr. ‏@bobbyhansenjr
My mind is being blown by this show on Discovery Channel, Mermaid:The Body Found

The Katalyst By Kat ‏@katalystbykat
Did you watch @Discovery's Mermaid: The Body Found last night? The thought of mermaids existing is blowing my mind! http://t.co/uVAr9vib
More at that link:
I watched this show last night and was blown away. I am a bit confused because if the evidence shown with all the footage, documentation and testimonies from scientists, NOOAA researchers and ex-naval officers is all true then where does that leave us, we have to believe it. If it was a hoax then why would the Discovery Channel, an educational channel, air it and were all the people featured in the show actors? If you go with the school of thought that it was all true then my goodness I can't fathom how cool that is! Aside from the fact that I was horrified by the sonar testing which resulted in 1000s of killed whales and dolphins . . . and mermaids, I, along with all the other viewers, just found out and saw a mermaid which proves that mermaids exist! Read for yourself HERE and let me know your thoughts because I am riddled with curiosity now!

Ryan Nix ‏@NewYorkNix27
So they r looking for bigfoot and now they have found the body of a mermaid my world is turned upside down

Shea Ernshaw ‏@sheaernshaw
Theres a show on Discovery called, Mermaids: The Body Found, about scientists who believe they discovered a mermaid!! Sign me up! I'm hooked

R2D4

Banned
Yep Mermaids are real. But it wasn't big enough news to be on every news network. The story could only be broke on a shitty Discovery Channel show.

Discovery channel has been going downhill for a while...they have this retarded, "Canada's worst driver" show...I don't even know what's the point of it. Then there's cash cab, catching the crab show....all these belong on some other channel.

I like Flying Alaska and Gold Rush though, Ariel is really cute :D

R2D4

Banned
My wife just forwarded me this email that some idiot sent to everyone on her staff.

Hi Guys,
If you get the Discovery Channel, please make an effort to see the documentary called “Mermaids”. It’s and incredible scientific discovery, horrifying portrayal of government interference, and a riveting show.
anita

Holy shit. People do believe it.

Oh and it turns out she is a VP at a major insurance company.

Red

Isn't this the thing that caused the NOAA to release a statement saying mermaids had not been found?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom