• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So... Don't Use the Xfinity XBox App and Then Move... Apparently

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
The app throws a "Code 905" error, some sort of error in service registration blah blah it broke

I'm one of the sad guys towards the end of this comcast support thread. Things are getting ugly. I imagine support is just blowing smoke while they wait for a patch to get through cert. Not sure if this will affect everyone who uses the app and then moves to a different address, but it seems to be the common factor.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Video-On-Demand/Xbox-App-905-error/td-p/1240993

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Was a nice app while it lasted. I'd recommend it if you have no plans to move.

If you are enjoying it, stay where you are!

It's not so much as move, it's changing your log in (from reading that link). It sounds like whatever you log in first is the only one that will ever work. Because if you move, that log in continues to work (and that latter part I know personally).

But anyways, shitty what's happening. Hopefully it's patched soon.

Imbarkus

It's not so much as move, it's changing your log in (from reading that link). It sounds like whatever you log in first is the only one that will ever work. Because if you move, that log in continues to work (and that latter part I know personally).

But anyways, shitty what's happening. Hopefully it's patched soon.

No it can't be that because both my Comcast and my gamertag haven't changed. I did, however, upgrade my package, got some faster internet, which required a change in cable modem. I believe they have a cable modem Mac address or something linked up in the database. Maybe that's it. I guess it would be a bigger problem (and this thread would have more replies) if it affected everyone who moved.

What's irritating is I can't get ahold of anyone at Comcast who would understand that previous paragraph at all. They literally start stammering pure bullshit when you start talking about these things.

No it can't be that because both my Comcast and my gamertag haven't changed. I did, however, upgrade my package, got some faster internet, which required a change in cable modem. I believe they have a cable modem Mac address or something linked up in the database. Maybe that's it. I guess it would be a bigger problem (and this thread would have more replies) if it affected everyone who moved.

What's irritating is I can't get ahold of anyone at Comcast who would understand that previous paragraph at all. They literally start stammering pure bullshit when you start talking about these things.

As I said, all I can personally say is that I moved a few weeks ago, and haven't had any problem using the Xfinity app. Both places have Comcast. My previous place had HBO, and I still have access to it. My previous place has not changed anything regarding their equipment or the service. It's possible the problem could be related to upgrading the package, or upgrading the hardware that's exposing this App problem.

Imbarkus

I should know by know to come to NeoGAF first for any technical support!

My man has his hands tied as for helping the world at large. Plus, a large solution is of course on the way. But I just had to come in here and say that he rocks, and NeoGAF rocks, and internet in general rocks. And now that it's working again, the Xfinity app for 360 rocks, too!

gcubed

ha, it should never take as much effort to get it fixed as it did... someone actually uses the app though, so i needed to make sure it worked. It needs a shitload more content.

gcubed

I am running into the same issue. Still no fix?

unfortunately its a limitation due to locking the account to your xbox so you can't use it elsewhere (to make the FCC happy). You should be able to call xbox for xfinity support (1-877-599-1846) and it should be fixed in a few hours. Just tell them you moved and are getting that error, they should know.

Top Bottom