• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS) - $29.99 at Newegg

cover_large.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190244

Promo Code: EMCYTZT2452
Release Date: 11/11/12
Expires: 11/01/12

pa22word

Newegg doesn't charge before shipping, do they?

Also TC sorry for the randomness: but do you want a steam key for Bio2? Have a few laying around if you want one.

n64coder

Has anyone gotten Amazon to price match? I have two copies pre-ordered from them.

I was able to get Amazon to give me a discount by contacting them and initiating a conversation over chat:

Amazon said:
You are now connected to KV Rovinson from Amazon.com.
Me:Newegg.com is offering a lower price $29.99 on Paper Mario
KV Rovinson:Hello, my name is Rovin. I'll be happy to help you.
With the exception of TVs, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee. We do spend considerable effort to ensure our prices are the lowest in the marketplace at any time. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you'll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.
Can you provide me the link from the newegg.com ?
Me:Currently NewEgg is offering $29.99 on Paper Mario with the promotion code EMCYTZT2452. So it's $10 cheaper than Amazon and I pre-ordered two copies.
Here's the item and you put it in your basket and apply the promotion code EMCYTZT2452 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190244
KV Rovinson:Thank you
As an one time exception, I am issuing you the promotional certificate of $20 on your account.
Me:Ok, thanks!
KV Rovinson:I'm issuing a $20 promotional certificate to your account. This amount will automatically apply the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You won't need a claim code. For more information about using your promotional certificate visit: http://www.amazon.com/help/promotionalcertificate
Me:Ok, I used it before. Thanks.
KV Rovinson:Great
Is there anything else I can do for you today?
Me:No, have a good day!
KV Rovinson:It was a pleasure assisting you.
Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!Have a great day. Take Care

I get stuff from Amazon all the time so a promotional certificate is no big deal.

Thanks earvcunanan! If I could give you a rep point, I would.

Chesskid1

Banned
not really into stickers but ordered anyways.

dont think i ever beat a paper mario, but ik this will be the first. <3 handhelds

I'd bite if I weren't getting it digitally. Definitely a tempting deal.

To be honest, Newegg is the only reason I haven't gone digital on several title I know I probably won't sell. I can't resist saving the $10. Games that start at $@29.99 are a different story though because they'll never be discounted at launch.

Newegg doesn't charge before shipping, do they?

Also TC sorry for the randomness: but do you want a steam key for Bio2? Have a few laying around if you want one.

They charge once the item ships.

Also, thanks for the offer on BioShock 2 but I got the game on Steam a few days ago. :D

Aeana

I would love to partake of this deal, but I really want to play it the day it comes out, so I guess I'm paying full price. (._. )

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I would love to partake of this deal, but I really want to play it the day it comes out, so I guess I'm paying full price. (._. )

If you're willing to, buy from a store (like Target) on day 1, and return the copy you get from Newegg to the store.

JeTmAn81

If you're willing to, buy from a store (like Target) on day 1, and return the copy you get from Newegg to the store.

I do this sometimes, though I do feel a little scummy, since I'm costing the store the time and money it takes to restock the game.

Anyway, I just got in on this deal. Last day for it!

Toki767

I got in on this. I wonder if living in California means I get the game faster, though I hear Newegg ships games from outside of the state.

JeTmAn81

There's a wealth of good stuff on 3DS right now. Virtue's Last Reward and Layton are currently burning a hole in my cartridge slot.

zroid

Banned
Aren't they giving away the NES one? If so you're better off getting this deal and buying the game boy Donkey Kong on the eshop. The NES one sucks IIRC.

Not quite, it's basically the NES game but tweaked to reflect the original arcade version's design. In other words, it's great!

Ainaurdur

Thanks for pointing this out, earvcunanan!

I was on the fence about whether I buy at release, or just wait until early next year. Made up my mind for me. :)

Top Bottom