• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

And her throws are supremely punishable if you whiff them -- more so than any other character in the game. So really, it balances out.

As a big time Kat user I am so afraid to attempt a throw because of that

Edit: And in terms of patches a couple things I want to see
Give Sackboy some of the AP from his cakes back please. He needs a little help after the mega nerf they hit him with
Big Daddy just needs to be better somehow
I actually don't mind Kratos as much as I mind Drake. From playing online I feel like Kratos players don't really win that much whereas Drakes might just have an advantage

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
again on the kat front, you can keep fighting for her as "balanced", but at the end of the day, she's banned from tourneys for a reason.

again on the kat front, you can keep fighting for her as "balanced", but at the end of the day, she's banned from tourneys for a reason.

If she's banned from tournaments, that's absolutely silly. Kratos, Raiden, and Drake are all *far* more OP than she is, if she even is truly OP. If anyone's getting "banned" from tournaments (a ridiculous notion if ever there was one), it should be them first.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
If she's banned from tournaments, that's absolutely silly. Kratos, Raiden, and Drake are all *far* more OP than she is, if she even is truly OP. If anyone's getting "banned" from tournaments (a ridiculous notion if ever there was one), it should be them first.

Ridiculous notion? OP characters and or broken characters should not be allowed in tourneys. Sackboy was not allowed in competitions before do you really not understand why he wasn't? Kat in the right hands is literally broken as is Drake, yes I agree he should be banned as well. Kratos and Raiden next, then good cole is working his way up there now too.

Ridiculous notion? OP characters and or broken characters should not be allowed in tourneys. Sackboy was not allowed in competitions before do you really not understand why he wasn't? Kat in the right hands is literally broken as is Drake, yes I agree he should be banned as well. Kratos and Raiden next, then good cole is working his way up there now too.

Okay, fair enough. I spoke too soon; I was just expressing my frustration at hardcore fighting game communities' tendency to brand everything as OP and "ban" it at the drop of a hat. But yeah, Sackboy was legitimately OP and not tournament-viable, even compared to the likes of Raiden, Kratos, Drake, and (I guess?) Kat.

I don't know, I play Kat (not very well, mind you) and I guess I've just not yet encountered someone online who is godly enough with her that I'd consider her OP to a bannable degree, if even at all.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Okay, fair enough. I spoke too soon; I was just expressing my frustration at hardcore fighting game communities' tendency to brand everything as OP and "ban" it at the drop of a hat. But yeah, Sackboy was legitimately OP and not tournament-viable, even compared to the likes of Raiden, Kratos, Drake, and (I guess?) Kat.

I don't know, I play Kat (not very well, mind you) and I guess I've just not yet encountered someone online who is godly enough with her that I'd consider her OP to a bannable degree, if even at all.

You yourself say you don't play her very well. I've playd some beast ones and thought, wow I don't see how that's fair at all, just based on some of the moves and confirms she has, combined with her overall mobility. I check out various forums to see what's going on in the community mainly here, gamefaqs (disaster), and Playstation allstars. On both of those other forums they all talk about how OP she is.

You yourself say you don't play her very well. I've playd some beast ones and thought, wow I don't see how that's fair at all, just based on some of the moves and confirms she has, combined with her overall mobility. I check out various forums to see what's going on in the community mainly here, gamefaqs (disaster), and Playstation allstars. On both of those other forums they all talk about how OP she is.

Oh, don't misunderstand; I wasn't basing my opinion on my OWN skill level with her. That would be silly. I was basing it on the fact that I've encountered countless ridiculously cheap Raidens, Drakes, Coles (both good and evil), and Kratoses, but no Kats (yet). I'm sure that will soon change if she's as OP as you say.

OwlyKnees

What is that reason? Seriously, I'm actually curious as I've never fought a Kat player that has come across as overwhelming. Just because I haven't fought them doesn't mean they don't exist. You say you have fought them, so fill me in!

Legitimately curious.

SSReborn

What is that reason? Seriously, I'm actually curious as I've never fought a Kat player that has come across as overwhelming. Just because I haven't fought them doesn't mean they don't exist. You say you have fought them, so fill me in!

Legitimately curious.

I think may be because that full combo that she can do straight into a level 1. I also knows she has a hitconfirm into level 1 off of her grab attack, I have a friend who did it to me plenty times and its super frustrating. I'm not sure for certain but those can be two reasons why the community essentially banned her.

I can deal with hitconfirms on most characters, stuff like Sweet Tooths neutral square in the air, Nariko's jump up circle from a distance even Raidens Forward blade thrust move (its very easy to read) but I do think the grab one on Kat is a little cheap.

DR2K

Banned

Jesus, what a scrub like mentality. You're going to ban 25% of the roster?

TheMink

Do you ever talk about anything other than OP characters?

He needs something. I want people to actually use him.

He does need better attacks but does not need more AP to those attacks that made people spam him just to get to level 3. I want to use him as well, I love LBP. He needs some melee moves out of the blue like Fat Princess.

I just bought the Friendly But Deadly costume pack. I hate myself. Now I want Drake's wetsuit but I dont have enough credit. W H Y !

He does need better attacks but does not need more AP to those attacks that made people spam him just to get to level 3. I want to use him as well, I love LBP. He needs some melee moves out of the blue like Fat Princess.

I just bought the Friendly But Deadly costume pack. I hate myself. Now I want Drake's wetsuit but I dont have enough credit. W H Y !

Its probably because I am Sackboy mainer but I find him really good. Only buff I want is to make Jam useful. If you want more then nerf AP cost on those average level 1 and 2 supers. But he is fine otherwise. Even after meganerfs he is still top tier...ish... for me. :)

Also LOL what were they THINKING on that Fat P icon. LMAO I laughed so hard when I saw that online. XD

BeastM0de

Neo Member
He needs something. I want people to actually use him.

Replace jam session with the
original

paintinator!

Similar to jak or ratchets guns. That and lower the requirements for his level 1 and 2 a bit.

OwlyKnees

I got the wetsuit. It's terrible. :( Don't feel bad!

The Cat Suit is clearly the best. Hoping for some more 'radical' alterations with future costumes. Parappa is my main, and the suit is just so uninteresting. Give us more like the space suit, please!

Camjo-Z

I got the wetsuit. It's terrible. :( Don't feel bad!

The Cat Suit is clearly the best. Hoping for some more 'radical' alterations with future costumes. Parappa is my main, and the suit is just so uninteresting. Give us more like the space suit, please!

The problem is that PaRappa barely changed his costume in the games, the only things I can remember him wearing outside of his classic "Funky Threads" are the Astro Suit in UmJammer Lammy/PaRappa 2 and the stereotypical ethnic clothes he wore during Colonel Noodle's Rap in PtR2. I suspect that's why they've been looking to the anime for costume ideas, which is unfortunate since it's really terrible.

Hu whaaa? People are that desperate for Sackboy buff?

Im ok with Sackboy since he has the BEST level 3 super. Isnt that correct? Or any other opinions?

Namtlaks1

Neo Member
His usage online is drastically lower. I agree, perk him up a tad.

In my opinion, just because his usage online is lower doesnt mean he should be buffed. If anything, the over-played/over-powered characters that you see in the vast majority of matches (drake, raiden) should get minor nerfs instead. More people would migrate to under played characters then. I'd much rather see some sort of balancing in this game occur through powering characters down than through buffs to lesser-played characters

KalBalboa

Banned

Im ok with Sackboy since he has the BEST level 3 super. Isnt that correct? Or any other opinions?

I think he could move a bit quicker or at least get to his lvl 1 a tad faster (only slightly), as long as his lvl 3 takes as long as it currently does to achieve.

Gonna have to say Zeus haha

I'm expecting more costumes to hit as early as this Tuesday for the other characters that didn't get any new ones this week. I love that they keep dishing out minions too. Can't wait to see what kind of costume Spike gets!

Gonna have to say Zeus haha

I'm expecting more costumes to hit as early as this Tuesday for the other characters that didn't get any new ones this week. I love that they keep dishing out minions too. Can't wait to see what kind of costume Spike gets!

Oh yeah Zeus, lol.

While it does look strong it doesnt look like 7 kills possible. Unless enemy is idiot and removes invincibility frames. But then again...
6 kills every time? ._. Definately would be one of the top along with Drake and Sackboy.

OwlyKnees

The problem is that PaRappa barely changed his costume in the games, the only things I can remember him wearing outside of his classic "Funky Threads" are the Astro Suit in UmJammer Lammy/PaRappa 2 and the stereotypical ethnic clothes he wore during Colonel Noodle's Rap in PtR2. I suspect that's why they've been looking to the anime for costume ideas, which is unfortunate since it's really terrible.

That's true, which is the reason why they need to stop limiting themselves to what costumes appear in the respective games. I understand with some characters they probably have very little say over the costumes (Dante), but if you can't go crazy with Parappa and Sackboy, then who can you?

I'll still lap up any and all DLC, sadly.

KalBalboa

Banned
I'm a DLC hound for this game, too. Just having Kat, Emmett, the new stage, and the minions really cranked up the variety factor for me. Having Kat fight Cole was smile inducing- seeing the two PS free-roaming super heroes clash.

Each additional stage really adds to the legacy aspect, too. Wipeout finally got some real love in the game after the last stage addition, and now Unfinished Swan will too. I hope to see another stage added in in the months to come.

Camjo-Z

Yesss.

Jam Session is such shit now, since they lowered the AP to nothing, they should of at least sped up the animation.

If I thought they would REALLY change Sackboy up, I would suggest that they give him back his old Jam Session/Cake AP gain back, and slightly lower the Level 3 AP requirement to, say, 700 instead of 750. Then, actually change the way his Level 3 works - make it so he still puts people in bubbles and can get random AP/items from the bubbles, but when players respawn after getting killed they can move around like normal. Sackboy would still be able to kill them, but he'd have to actually attack them like transformation supers. This would allow Sackboy to rely on all of his supers while balancing his Level 3.

However, I'm fairly certain that they won't bother and will just change some of his AP gain/requirements, if at all.

I'd say Sackboy definitely has the best level 3 super, no question.

I'm a DLC hound for this game, too. Just having Kat, Emmett, the new stage, and the minions really cranked up the variety factor for me. Having Kat fight Cole was smile inducing- seeing the two PS free-roaming super heroes clash.

Each additional stage really adds to the legacy aspect, too. Wipeout finally got some real love in the game after the last stage addition, and now Unfinished Swan will too. I hope to see another stage added in in the months to come.

I hear you. Having The Unfinished Swan included in a new stage was an awesome surprise; I can't describe how freaking much I would love to see a stage that incorporates Sound Shapes or Dyad.

KalBalboa

Banned
I hear you. Having The Unfinished Swan included in a new stage was an awesome surprise; I can't describe how freaking much I would love to see a stage that incorporates Sound Shapes or Dyad.

PixelJunk, Sound Shapes, and Journey would be great additions, if they could somehow fit. Unfinished Swan is great to hit that "indie rep" category.

TheMink

So i spoke to my source and they are "not working on all stars anymore"

I asked if there is anything else already completed not yet realesed and i am still waiting on a response for that.

So... Yeah. :(

I asked if there is anything else already completed not yet realesed and i am still waiting on a response for that.

Hmm, I expected 2 more characters after Zeus and Isaac. Weird note to leave on I guess

I have a few sources... maybe I'll be the next Mink.

But, I don't feel like I could be an ass and risk their job/mine.

Ryce

Stopping at Zeus and Isaac would be the worst thing ever. Ugh. Even if you guys don't want to name specific characters, could you at least try to find out if more will be coming?

Top Bottom