• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| We Need To Go Cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
PjP0H.png

UYitn.png

--- Hard hitting questions answered

Will UK bought Microsoft Points work on my Spanish/Finnish/Danish/ect Xbox Live Account
Yes, Microsoft Points are non-region specific. If you see them cheap on a UK site, it is worth picking them up.

Will UK bought PSN Credit work on my Spanish/Finnish/Danish/ect PSN Account
No, the credit you buy will be in GBP (£20, £50 for example), and will not add money to your PSN Wallet which has a different currency.

I want my games quick dammit! I don’t mind paying a bit more. I want it now! Gimmie!
Amazon is well known for shipping games very quick when you pay standard postage. It will cost more, but do that, and your game will arrive very soon, even outside the UK. ShopTo can be good with preorders within the UK, with some people getting items a day or two early.

I am not from the UK. Tell me what sites hate me
Many UK based sites refuse to ship outside the UK. Supermarkets with an online presence are the biggest offenders. Tesco Online. Best Buy, Sainsbury's, Asda, Morrision's and more are all not your friend. Argos, John Lewis, PC World, Currys. Not good either

I fear that my game will be broken when it comes. What site is best if I have brokegameaphobia?
Amazon is well known to have great customer service. They are usually happy to help you with your problems unless you are very unlucky. Play and Zavvi notably less so, they have been known to ignore people, and make them wait a long time for replies on some occasions. Other sites are somewhere in the middle, or completely unknown.

Why do you guys hate Zavvi, TheHut (and others in The Hut Group) some of their prices are awesome!
Yes, Zavvi/Hut can be awesome, and have many great prices each week. However, many Euro based Gaffer’s have noticed their shipping times are scattershot. Some games can come in a week. Some can come in month. Some people grow old waiting for their games to come. For many it is already too late. RIP. Their European shipping times really are all over the place really. Irish and UK Gaffers have had fewer bad words to say. If you are from Europe, and want your preorder near day 1, then go elsewhere.

Why are Play.com’s Euro prices unfair?
Play add an extra few € to any order made outside the UK to cover shipping cost. They don’t admit this on the site, as they want to keep their “Free Shipping” tag, but this is why the Euro price shoots high over the current exchange rate any time you order in Euro

Why will you not let me post links to ShopTo you twat. They have good deals too you know?
In 2008, ShopTo had some problems that led to some of their customer's credit card details leaking out. This was never proven, but some people, including some Gaffer's had credit card problems around the time of the supposed leak, and swear ShopTo were the cause – some of these people had credit cards ONLY used on that site. ShopTo quickly fixed the flaw, and allowed PayPal to be used to make things even safer, but it was too late, and the site’s url got banned from NeoGAF. ShopTo deals are still posted at times, but without a link. It seems no one has had any big problems with the site recently, and ShopTo can now, more or less, be considered safe to buy from, you just have to navigate there yourself.

Zavvi/TheHut (and others) have codes sometimes. I want one of them to make my life better and more fulfilling.
NeoGAF has your back. A thread for just this use was born on 25th March 2013 after Dash Kappei did some "things". It was a great day. Many rejoiced. You can easily pay this thread a visit by setting your Internet GPS to this location.

BEES?!?
Beads!?!​

gmbMj.png

--- Like us, but different

GamesTracker
Pro: This site is useful as it provides an ongoing list of price drops from many major UK sites
Cons: It does not update instantly, so relying solely on it could mean you miss out on deals that sell out quickly

Find-Games
Pro: A searchable database of the current prices of games in many of the big UK online store
Con: No updating list. Best used if you NEED a game RIGHT NOW, and just want to check the current best price

SavyGamer
Pro: Offers a great selection of online deals that pop up each day
Con: One guy (I believe) doing a lot of work, so some good deals could be missed

HotUKDeals Gaming
Pro: It is a site made for bargain hunters, with posts made by similarly minded people. Loads of good deals pop up here
Con: It has so many people, posting so much stuff, that you could easily miss deals. Some of the better deals could sell out quick too.

Cheap Ass Gamer (Euro Stream)
Pro: Fantastic site, with the mindset of finding cheap games and deals for people
Con: It's UK/Euro arm is not nearly as active as the US one, so some deals are missed

Eurogamer Bargain Thread
Pro: It’s like an alternate version of us. Or are we an alternate of them? Good deals posted daily
Con: They talk about pubes

Appshopper
Pro: Fantastic searchable database that lists all the price drops and rises' of iPhone/Pod/Pad Apps
Con: The sites content is based on the US App Store, and sometimes there are EU only sales it does not highlight​

This thread is currently a close copy of the old (not really old) thread, with a few changes, as I forgot 20,000 was so close.
In the coming days/weeks I will try and add/change the info and links a bit to make it more helpful as we go into 2013.
Thanks! (I still like the parrot though).​

Steroyd

This thread saves me money yet... adds to my already huge backlog of games I haven't played yet.

Keep it up.

Pookmunki

Loving the new digs, comfy.

Thanks to Keyser, jimi_dini and countless others who have saved me a fortune over the years...

Bring on the Bomba's!!!

Jb

Awesome OP :) Thanks to everyone who has shared sweet deals these past few years and saved me hundred of £!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna start keeping my eye on this again. Want to play some of this year's sleeper hits like XCOM.

Thanks to Keyser, jimi_dini and countless others who have saved me a fortune over the years...

I agree with this.

It s nice to receive thanks (of course), but there are a huge amount of others posting stuff daily that help keep the thread going on.

Well done all!!

The_Monk

Thank you to all who posted the great deals, Euro-GAF is amazing.

The only thing that It won't be cheap in here is the quality of this thread.

And here we go again!
I'm looking forward in the coming months to:
£10 LB Karting and PSABR
20ish Assassin's Creed 3
Sub-15 Hitman.
Generalized Vita drops.

Let's not forget sub-10 Persona 4 Arena when it releases in 2014.

Let's do this!

Aretak

I reckon a good 80% of my 2012 purchases are links from this thread.
Think it's probably more than that for me. Mass Effect 3 is the only game I can remember buying for full price on release... and it proved to be a perfect example of why that's the case.

Keep up the good work, fellas.

Card Boy

Banned
UK Gaf where the true bomba prices are found. I laugh at Wario posting 10 to $20 off 60MSRP price deals and get 5 pages worth of replies.

95% of my PS3 games come from the UK.

Love these threads. Anyone know a good place to get Nier for cheapish? I saw it for £7 at Tesco recently but I don't think they ship to Ireland so that's no good to me.

ibu

Waiting for XCOM to hit £15, you know it will.

Already did earlier at Play.com... expect to see it again sometime in the coming weeks for £12.99, I called it.

Oh... and hello new thread *subscribed*

It's lovely and homely here already.

:)

I look forward to another thread of fabulous penny pinching, a thread where I consider buying something when it hits £20 but then feel the need to wait just a bit longer still to save a mere £2 more.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Can't wait to have this thread save me a metric crapton of money for the next year or so! Thanks in advance to all who contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom