• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 delayed until summer in Japan

This is a pretty massive delay and quite unexpected. Summer is also a large period of time, so I'm hoping it's early summer rather than beginning-of-September-summer.

This is certainly good news for Soul Sacrifice and possibly God Eater 2 (whenever that is). Gives the former plenty of room to breathe.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
:((((((

Hope this means they are making a Wii U version along side that will come out on the same day. #hope

crinale

Yeah, like Inafune were not aware of this beforehand ... not!
Now it makes more sense that way too many games are being released at March.
(Even though it is kinda normal in Japan, March 2013 is still very unusual.)

*spin* Now Dragon Quest will hit in Feb, Monster Hunter in 'summer', and Pokemon in September for a year long slay*

Well, I suppose it's good news for Soul Sacrifice, anyway. Maybe.

It means that Sony has a chance to promote SS like crazy (extensive demo is a good start). It's not the same situation exactly (different platforms), but God Eater found success by being different enough and by taking advantage of a long wait for MH. It would also help if SS is awesome (TGS demo was great).

It's still a tough spot, but at least Sony doesn't have to worry about sharing shelf space with MH.

cvxfreak

Summer?

Might as well delay it to December for super explosive sales.

I also bet that they want to squeeze more out of MH3G overseas and through the Wii U and Best Price 3DS versions. Makes sense, honestly.

Jonnyram

Summer?

I also bet that they want to squeeze more out of MH3G overseas and through the Wii U and Best Price 3DS versions. Makes sense, honestly.
But they don't have a new Monster Hunter at all for the whole of FY2012. That's surely going to have a massive impact on their numbers. I don't think they've made this decision lightly.

cvxfreak

But they don't have a new Monster Hunter at all for the whole of FY2012. That's surely going to have a massive impact on their numbers. I don't think they've made this decision lightly.

I agree, especially since Biohazard 6 sure as hell won't meet their expectations either. At least Capcom has a few ways to mitigate the delay, such as growing the MH presence on 3DS and Wii U via MH3G, so things could be worse for them.

It's also interesting that Capcom's publicly cited reason is to improve quality. After Biohazard 6, I think they realize the kind of damage that can be done if a game in a series is reviewed very badly.

BriBri

To coincide with a 3DSi?
I guess the next model will be 3DS Lite or 3DS Mini and improve upon the original rather than the XL. Great news for Vita (and for my wallet, what with Luigi's Mansion, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter 3 west etc coming around the same time).

hiro4

Summer?

I always thought that summer is traditionally the best selling moment in Japan?
Has that changed in the last few years or was it just my perception?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I always thought that summer is traditionally the best selling moment in Japan?
Has that changed in the last few years or was it just my perception?

MHP3rd is the best-selling third party title ever and was launched in december.... though for big IPs like MH or DQ it doesnt really matter when they get released.

Nisa65

Nooooooo!

This is incredibly disappointing. Guess I just need to milk Tri G HD for a few months more than expected.

If an Ultimate/HD edition was to come out alongside the 3DS version I think I'd have to go for the Wii U version of the game unless of course a limited 3DSLL bundle gets released then I'd have to buy both.

Toki767

Nooooooo!

This is incredibly disappointing. Guess I just need to milk Tri G HD for a few months more than expected.

If an Ultimate/HD edition was to come out alongside the 3DS version I think I'd have to go for the Wii U version of the game unless of course a limited 3DSLL bundle gets released then I'd have to buy both.

Better start saving up now. At the least I'd expect a custom 3DS. It'd make sense for it to come to the Wii U considering the control schemes are pretty much identical, but we'll see if Nintendo even pushes for that. I'm guessing that depends on Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate's sales.

VashTS

So does this potentially mean that the jpn and western releases will be closer together?

Gosh, it's bad enough that we are getting MH3G this late. Please Capcpom.

Jubern

More seriously, I've been pondering whether or not to buy the budget release of 3G and I guess I will, now.

First MH I intend to play "seriously" (as in, more than 10 minutes).

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Unexpected, honestly.
Are they going to increase the quality for real? I hope.
Are they trying to milk the maximum from MH3G Ultimate for both 3ds and wiiU? probably

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ok, this gives Vita a much better chance for the Q1 relauch*.The big number of games released in the next three months in Japan has a reason. Very curious now.

*With relaunch, I mean having at least 20k per week costantly outside of the Holidays and not the XBOX like numbers it's having right now.

Top Bottom