• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP in 2013 - The End?

Dwayne

With Corpse Party:BOS getting a release date, it seemed like the right time to start a new thread (old thread - PSP in 2012).

Games to Come!
2014!
Trails in the Sky: Second Chapter - XSEED - Unknown Physical/Digital Release - 2014?
iaHSHcm.jpg
GPokD00.jpg

LTTP: Europe
Elminage Original - UFO Interactive/Ghostlight - Collector's Edition (29 quid, limited to 300, sold out)/Digital Download - August 29th
pwyMH.png
DBhYd.png

Out Now!
Sweet Fuse - Aksys Games - Physical Release & Digital Download - August 27th - $29.99 Physical / $24.99 Digital Download - NeoGAF Official OT!
sf-_0004.jpg
sf-_0008.jpg

Mystic Chronicles - Natsume - Digital Download - July 16th - $14.99
bDqIi7T.png
BoUhEpO.png

Class of Heroes 2 - MonkeyPaw - Limited Physical Release, Digital Download - June 4th - $24.99 Digital, $36.99 Digital+Physical Combo - NeoGAF OT!!
kkCql.jpg
1G1LN.jpg

T.A.C. Heroes: Big Red One - Storm City Games - Digital Download - Out Now! - $19.99
hjXeSwk.jpg
68cVJlH.jpg

Black Rock Shooter - NIS America - Digital Release - US: April 23rd - EU: April 24th - $19.99
NUSPv.jpg
EErug.jpg

Carnage Heart EXA - Natsume - Unknown Retail/Digital Release - March 19th - $29.99 - NeoGAF - OT!!
KOwVH.jpg
Uyz6c.jpg

Hakuouki: Warriors of the Shinsengumi - Aksys Games - Physical Release and Digital Download - Out Now! - $24.99 Digital, $29.99 Physical
clTpQ.jpg
QHqKz.jpg

Generation of Chaos: Pandora’s Reflection - NIS America - Digital Download -Out Now! - $19.99 - £15.99
0FBRz.jpg
csJuj.jpg

Corpse Party: Book of Shadows - XSeed - Digital Download - Out Now! - $19.99 (US), ??? (EU) - NeoGAF OT!!
0ZHjS.jpg
hOrHq.jpg

Am I missing anything? What's everyone looking forward to?

Mutt

Neo Member
Thanks OP! I bought a GoW bundle of off eBay last year to replace my piano black PSP-3000. NIB box but still had the same issue as my old piano black, whitish ring around the edge of the screen plus it has a dead pixel were my old one didn't. They are hard to find in retail stores so I figured I would go online and order it. I read somewhere on eBay after I bought it to never buy them off of eBay because of screen issues. I still love the PSP and maybe I'll give one of the games a go.

Edit: Still waiting for Final Fantasy Type-0.

Where are the Western devs?
It does actually still get the occasional Minis release (Jetpack Joyride, Hotel Mogul, War of Sonria). And SCEE published a few kids titles last year (Phineas and Ferb, Geronimo Stilton), so there is some life left, even if it isn't exactly what the GAF crowd is looking for.

Mutt

Neo Member
It does actually still get the occasional Minis release (Jetpack Joyride, Hotel Mogul, War of Sonria). And SCEE published a few kids titles last year (Phineas and Ferb, Geronimo Stilton), so there is some life left, even if it isn't exactly what the GAF crowd is looking for.

I agree. The minis are not for GAF crowd. People that like to buy cheap games on the go wouldn't be using a PSP in 2013 anyway.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

That's true.

Alec

Holy shit, somehow I hadn't heard that Book of Shadows was getting a localization.

And it's coming in a week?! Hell yes.

Huh, forgot there was another Hakuoki game coming. I wasn't in love with the first one, so I'm on the fence about a second. Will definitely be picking up Corpse Party: BoS and Class of Heroes 2 though.

It hurts that P2: Eternal Punishment isn't on this list. /sigh

Eusis

FF Type-0 should be on that list for US folk
Unless you know something we don't it should've hit last year, most likely the year before that. But SE's abandoned PSP unless it's low effort stuff (DD release of FFIII), so we won't be seeing it without a port elsewhere.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Looking foward to Corpse Party: Book of Shadows for my Vita.

yurinka

According to Metacritic, PSP was the platform with the best quality of 2012 games (Minis were counted as PSP games). And in Japan has been getting a number of new games recently. I think it will last a bit more, won't end in 2013 for sure.

I know that this thread is mainly concerned with Western releases, but it's nice to see a few decent looking games coming out in Japan as well such as Heroes Vs, Ultraman All-Star Chronicle and Megpoid the Music.

Grayman

Yeah, and I was referring to software. I remember thinking 3 years ago that it seemed like it was practically dead, software wise, but here it is.

i thought it was dead around 07 or 08 but then it had a bit of a comeback whatever year motorstorm GTmobile and LBP came out. It was my favourite system for awhile in 06 or so.

It's still a vibrant and viable platform in Japan, the total opposite of how it's doing in the US. New PSP titles get continually announced while the Vita is starved for new software. It's incredibly frustrating to me, since I own both a PSP-3000 and a Vita. I find myself playing my PSP more than my Vita!

So...I don't think the PSP will die this year, it has at least a couple of years of life left in Japan.

Madao

i thought it was dead around 07 or 08 but then it had a bit of a comeback whatever year motorstorm GTmobile and LBP came out. It was my favourite system for awhile in 06 or so.

i'd say the comeback was pretty much thanks to Monster Hunter. that game caused the shift for many devs to make games on the system and the game itself made it do PS2-like numbers and survive the DS.

Top Bottom