• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Film Reboot 'Agent 47' Going Into Production. Will Star...

Loxley

...Paul Walker (Yes, the guy from the Fast & Furious movies).

paulwalker200803.jpg

Here’s a bit of a shocker in the world of video game adaptations. Fox International is going to reboot the Square Enix video game series Hitman as a new movie called Agent 47. Paul Walker will star as the bald assassin of the title, a character last seen in the 2007 film Hitman directed by Xavier Gens with Timothy Olyphant in the lead role.

Agent 47 will be written by Mike Finch and Skip Woods and directed by Aleksander Bach, a commercial director making his feature debut. Oddly enough, Woods also wrote the first movie for Gens and Olyphant. There’s more below.

Deadline broke the news of this reboot, which will shoot in Singapore and Berlin this Summer. As the character is depicted as bald, with a distinctive bar code tattoo on the back of his skull, Walker will shave his head once press is done for Fast and Furious 6.

The Hitman franchise has always had a cinematic vibe, so a rebranded reboot isn’t the biggest surprise here. Nor is the fact that Walker has been cast in the lead. It’s that Skip Woods, writer of this month’s A Good Day To Die Hard and X-Men: Origins Wolverine, is getting another shot at scripting. He already wrote this movie, in 2007. How often does someone get a second chance at an adaptation like this and what does it say about the original work?

From the writer of the first Hitman movie, as well as X-men Origins: Wolverine and A Good Day to Die Hard.

"directed by Aleksander Bach, a commercial director making his feature debut"

:lol

Well, can hope they somehow manages to make it good, but... I have a feeling this will be much worse than the worst, which was already pretty bad.

JDSN

Banned
Olyphant has certain presence that while it wasnt close to Hitman, at least it was menacing.

Paul Walker is the blandest guy ever.

Messi

Timothy Olyphant really did not enjoy making Hitman if the recent Nerdist podcast with him is to be believed. lol. He is amazing in Justified though.

Paul Walker? this will be an amazing trainwreck

Kinyou

"directed by Aleksander Bach, a commercial director making his feature debut"

:lol

Well, can hope they somehow manages to make it good, but... I have a feeling this will be much worse than the worst, which was already pretty bad.
Words can't even describe how doomed this movie is

Derrick01

Banned
Can't have a worse and more pointless story than Absolution had. Some day people will learn that shit doesn't belong in the Hitman IP at all.

Ezalc

I don't know who this guy is, but it can't be worse than any of the other terrible video game movies.

BeerSnob

Ok well, whatever, Absolution killed 47 for me. They can't make the character more incompetent than the ten thumbed train wreck the last game made him out to be. Seriously, mailing your target a handgrenade in a box is more reliable than 47 is now. Screw it, just make it a straight up slapstick comedy with bondage nuns and a talking dog sidekick.

Jawmuncher

Actually bald and shaven he wouldnt look half bad as Agent 47.
My whole thing is what made them decide to reboot it? Someone at Fox must really like Hitman.

good for him, I was actually wondering the other day when I saw the new Fast 6 trailer if he gets any roles besides that series

Salsa

I dont get the commercial director hate tho

Fincher was one once, remember? countless others too. No idea if this guy directed anything with a bit more freedom like a music video..

then again, this will obviously suck all kinds of balls

Stitch

Gold Member
Timothy Olyphant really did not enjoy making Hitman if the recent Nerdist podcast with him is to be believed. lol.

I guess because the FOX Producers fucked it up so much. They had to reshoot an entire section because the Producers demanded a fucking sword fight!

But overall I actually kinda enjoyed the movie...

Top Bottom