• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner 2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien |OT|

Subtle

cC9zRkC.png

Release Date(s):
February 26, 2013
Price
$15
Publisher:
Gaijin Games
Developer(s):
Gaijin Games
Platform(s):
PC (Steam)
PlayStation 3 (PSN)
Xbox 360 (XBLA)
Wii U (eShop)
Genre:
Platformer

BTR2_header.jpg

8AYNQIX.png

BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner 2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien will contain five worlds, each with fourteen levels. There will also be five bonus levels in each world.

Runner 2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed and IGF award winning BIT.TRIP RUNNER.

In the style of the BIT.TRIP series, Runner 2 is a rhythm-music platforming game.

Players will run through fantastic environments, using brand new moves, to brand new soundtracks as they run, jump, slide, kick, and soar toward the goal of tracking down the Timbletot and thwarting his evil plans to destroy not only our world, but every world there is.

CvxmNqA.png

-Dancing: While running, you can now preform short dance moves to get extra points. You have to be careful because while you're dancing, you can't do anything else!

-Checkpoints: If you die, you can start off at the last checkpoint you crossed. However, you get extra points for skipping the checkpoints.

-Target Cannons: At the end of each level, there's a cannon that you shoot at a big target. The closer to the bulls eye, the more points.

-Unlockable Characters and Costumes

-Gorgeous New Artstyle

-More Obstacles

kOzQxCa.png

Yi7FyKL.png

Uxqcv2s.png

Polygon: "BIT.TRIP Runner 2 is a simple, beautiful game for everyone"

IGN: "Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien is rare example of a game that pulls of challenging gameplay nearly perfectly."

Shack News: "Beginners and BIT.TRIP fans alike will have a lot to love about this bold new step for the series."

Game Informer: "Even though Runner2 is a single-player game, it’s fun to trade off levels with a friend simply to appreciate the finer details"

Game Reactor, "Running, jumping, sliding, blocking, dancing, leaping, soaring, landing, winning, losing, scoring, shouting, crying, smiling, high-score chasing."

ITL7cvw.png

YECgK26.png
F6kqtkk.png
UwKDat8.png
dnSdleW.png

Wla1t5z.png
fcT1IX3.png
Rk6cpkn.png
y9RDrUK.png

KowzXvh.png
j4BdzKB.png
MayOl9D.png
LwyxrnU.png

defUALw.png
hyOcESd.png
vEwrvUW.png
0gWJna4.png

YGz5RYa.png

Pre-order On Steam Now and Save 10% On the Game and Get A Free Copy Of BIT.TRIP.RUNNER!

Resources:
Runner 2 Dev Blog
Gaijin Games

**First thread. Feedback would be much appreciated.**

Salsa

Im looking forward to it but at the same time the art direction worries me.

It looks great, but on such a hectic and precise game the more detailed 3D models could actually get in the way

it's all speculation though and the gameplay videos look like what i'd expect and want, so i'll save final judgement until I play it eventually

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm ready.

..I hope it's a little easier than the first one , lol.

backlot

Everything I've seen about this game so far looks great and I loved Runner so I'm really looking forward to this. I hope the Wii U version works on the gamepad.

Salsa

yeah see, things I dont like and could get in the way of gameplay: Stop sign face zooming into the camera when you kick it, commander video having idle animations when running..

still the first one is one of my favorite indie games of all time, so I hope im wrong

shogunduk

Looks pretty cool. I don't know how to feel about the checkpoint system...the fact you had no choice but to start over in the first game made it that much more rewarding. It'll take a special kind of self-control to avoid using them on killer levels.

Yagharek

The first game was one of only a handful that fucked with my vision after playing. Like Guitar Hero's relentless vertical scroll, my eyes were left looking permanently left to right following Commander Video after long sessions of Runner.

I'm into this one like a showbag.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I already bought this fucker. Just one more week till I can once again curse the day I was born, like when I played Runner 1 for the first time!

I know I'm a masochist, but it'd be great to have more levels like 1-11 and 3-9. You know, those you replay 50 to 60 times in a row before ragequitting and trying again the next day? Yeah, bring it on!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Will this be an eshop game (only) on the Wii U ?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
First thread. Feedback would be much appreciated.

Nice thread, maybe you could specify that it's DD only, just like:

PS3 (PSN)
XB360 (XBLA)
Wii U (eShop)

Sucked so bad at the original probably not gonna get this unless it's substantially easier. Didn't even make it past the first world, the bouncing cubes that you had to jump or slide past were too confusing for my fragile widdle mind

Sendou

I like that artstyle! More so than in the original. If it has Off-TV play then I'll probably buy it for Wii U whenever.

CaVaYeRo

Wii U asap please :) Double-dipped with both retail collections after getting Runner and Beat via WiiWare. Laggy TV instantly makes GamePad best option!

BTW, my colleague Mike from GR UK was allowed to post his review a bit earlier. <3 and envy...

Haunted

Now might be a good time to actually finish up the first one. Damn that world 3 has some long levels. I appreciate the addition of checkpoints.

Already on my Steam wishlist.

Futureman

Wii U here. Nice to see many U owners intend to pick it up. Is it confirmed $15 on all the consoles?

Surprised people don't like the art style. I did really like the original, but I'm diggin this as well.

is off-screen play confirmed? The Runner 2 blog metioned there was a bug they found last minute on the Wii U version that they WOULD NOT ship with... I'm guessing it was something w/ off-screen play.

jett

D-Member
Ah sweet!
I thought it was Wii U exclusive for some reason.

Now, I really liked the first Runner, but can someone explain to me the sound effect delay for your jumps and crap? :p

I'm disappointed this isn't hitting the 3DS eshop :(

I guess maybe they don't want to take away from Bit Trip Saga, which I would be OK with if it wasn't such a bad port (according to what I've read, anyway).

Hopefully it'll come out at a later date.

Murrah

Banned
So hype fpr this, first game of the year I'm really excited for. Wii U version better hit the same week as Steam, because I really wanna play it in bed on the gamepad but I dunno if I can hold off on buying it for too long

teeny

Wii U version for me.

The first came out when I was meant to be working on an important aspect of my final year project at uni. I procrastinated so much with that game I had to pull a couple of all-nighters to make sure I had everything together.

Priorities!

zroid

Banned
Awesome. I still don't love the new art style, but the game will be fun as hell. Probably Day 1 Wii U for me.

Also having this and HarmoKnight come out within a month of each other is bliss

Top Bottom