• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Crowdsourcing - Completed, $829,829 raised, 4+1 characters funded

Scoreboard: $317,013, an increase of $8,706. Considering that the news cycle is currently focused on the Torment Kickstarter launching and then proceeding to blast past a million in seven hours, that isn't bad. I would have expected Torment to suck most of the air out of the room, metaphorically speaking: this doesn't seem to have happened. Not quite at the 20th all-time most funded yet, but the difference is a mere $1,500, so it should be reached between now and tomorrow.

And hey, three weeks to go: anything can happen. :)

Scoreboard: $317,013, an increase of $8,706. Considering that the news cycle is currently focused on the Torment Kickstarter launching and then proceeding to blast past a million in seven hours, that isn't bad. I would have expected Torment to suck most of the air out of the room, metaphorically speaking: this doesn't seem to have happened. Not quite at the 20th all-time most funded yet, but the difference is a mere $1,500, so it should be reached between now and tomorrow.

Insane. Apparently they're an established dev team though, so I guess it shouldn't be too surprising. But damn if it isn't impressive.

Dammit, why couldn't I be super rich. :(
Same here

Wish I were a SFII oldhead with a 401k. I'd be making it rain on this campaign. :p

Shame

I was hoping to see this new character today.

joe2187

Banned
$320K hit. New Character reveal Regina!

She’s the Cirque des Cartes’ beast tamer, and commands animals.

20130307001541-DLC_Regina.png

Dachande

I reckon there's a damn good chance this'll get to $400k at this rate. There's still 3 weeks to go, and there's the inevitable rush of donations in the last few days that'll push it over the top, especially if it's close at the time.

$600k is another matter though. I hope it goes over $400k by some way at least, because then LZ can (and should) pay themselves a bit more money per week.

800k...

She looks like a badass that doesn't take shit from anybody.
This HAS to pass at least $400k, seriously.
I totally want Big Band in this game, as well as his character, song and story mode.
This is happening. We've got about twenty days left. Four thousand dollars a day is an anemic pace compared to the last week and that would still put us over the top. The real concern is the third character.
So will the latest character call animals like Strider/Jill in MvC2?
Ask Mike on Salty Cupakes when it starts today at 12AM EST. He'll probably be glad to answer your question.

Actually a really awesome character. Loving the stool being used as a shield and the Bison-esque outfit and hat she's donning suits the beast tamer sort of look quite well. While I don't think she'll have the following that Annie / Feng / Stanley / Panzerfaust are gonna have backing them I'd totally add her to the list of characters that I 100% would not mind having in the game.

I haven't really been paying attention, has he answered anything about Marie?

Hmm, off the top of my head I think he's mentioned that they were trying to create a boss rush mode where you'd take control of Marie and just wreak havoc but anything regarding her playstyle if she were made playable is unknown I think.

joe2187

Banned
I haven't really been paying attention, has he answered anything about Marie?

The only thing I heard mention of marie is she has strong japanese fanbase, and thought it would be kind of a waste of a vote seeing as they strongly believe that once things clear with Autumn and other things, Umbrella, Black Dahlia, and Marie would be the first characters to be made.

Ravidrath

You do. Often more than that.

It's one of the reasons 360 games tend to not get more than one or two patches.

The first one is free, but we had to burn it on an update that MS demanded that no one would have encountered.

In the very first version, if you had a non-standard controller plugged in like a flight stick or a guitar, when you started Skullgirls you couldn't get past one of the OS menus until you unplugged it. This was a must-fix TRC issue, and we were forced to comply even though we didn't expect anyone would ever encounter it.

...Meanwhile, we have people reporting load times of up to 6 minutes on Xbox 360. That's also a TRC issue, but we can't get that patch free.

And, yeah, the patch will end up costing more. That's just the submission cost to Microsoft. We still need to do more testing, and it took a lot of effort to get the patch into a state they would accept, too.

Voting for character #3 is going to be weird... :\

If it's votes via what you donated, that's cool, but given the huge number of possible votes, FPTP is probably not a good option if everyone is only given one vote. AV would work best due to being able to pick your favorites in order of preference. So mine would be Panzerfaust, Hubrecht, Stanley.

Ravidrath

Voting for character #3 is going to be weird... :\

If it's votes via what you donated, that's cool, but given the huge number of possible votes, FPTP is probably not a good option if everyone is only given one vote. AV would work best due to being able to pick your favorites in order of preference. So mine would be Panzerfaust, Hubrecht, Stanley.

I think we're going to use SurveyMonkey, since that lets us use the e-mail addresses from the campaign to send single-use voting links to everyone.

And if you contributed at all, you get a single vote - none of that stuff where more money equals more power.

I haven't fully investigated all of their functionality yet, but my thought is that we'd probably let people pick three, and then do three rounds to whittle it down.

FyreWulff

The first one is free, but we had to burn it on an update that MS demanded that no one would have encountered.

In the very first version, if you had a non-standard controller plugged in like a flight stick or a guitar, when you started Skullgirls you couldn't get past one of the OS menus until you unplugged it. This was a must-fix TRC issue, and we were forced to comply even though we didn't expect anyone would ever encounter it.

...Meanwhile, we have people reporting load times of up to 6 minutes on Xbox 360. That's also a TRC issue, but we can't get that patch free.

And, yeah, the patch will end up costing more. That's just the submission cost to Microsoft. We still need to do more testing, and it took a lot of effort to get the patch into a state they would accept, too.

Sounds like typical MS TC cert process. Heh.

And then the fun part when they just randomly sit on patches..

"Oh, you paid thousands of dollars for this update and need it out soon to stop the bleeding in your multiplayer base? Nah, we like it on our shelf. We'll just put it there."

dan2026

Kimhlin Tran, the VA for Ms Fortune drank either drank a full case of redbull (or she's just naturally hyper) and went a little insane during the breast cancer research evo drive stream, they did a fully voiced playthrough of fortunes story mode and she just went nuts with this Robo fortune voice she made up.

Here it is, starts at 1:12 http://www.twitch.tv/eightysixed/b/362778320

Yeah I think I've seen her on another Skullgirls stream.

She seems batshit crazy, in a good way of course.

I think we're going to use SurveyMonkey, since that lets us use the e-mail addresses from the campaign to send single-use voting links to everyone.

And if you contributed at all, you get a single vote - none of that stuff where more money equals more power.

I haven't fully investigated all of their functionality yet, but my thought is that we'd probably let people pick three, and then do three rounds to whittle it down.
That is actually pretty cool.
zferolie from the skullheart forums is our first member of the Divinity.
*bows*
Kimhlin Tran, the VA for Ms Fortune drank either drank a full case of redbull (or she's just naturally hyper) and went a little insane during the breast cancer research evo drive stream, they did a fully voiced playthrough of fortunes story mode and she just went nuts with this Robo fortune voice she made up.

Here it is, starts at 1:12 http://www.twitch.tv/eightysixed/b/362778320
Kimlinh is both crazy and absolutely adorable. She is by far my favorite VA even though I don't even main Ms.Fortune.
I think I'm in love. O:
Yeah, her design is really elegant and strong. I love how her thin boots lead to the puffy pants.

Doors n scores: $327,941, an increase of $10,928 today. The average increase over the last five days has been $9843.4, so if that can be maintained, we are looking at an estimated final total of $524,809, or in other words a little over $75k below the requirement for the final character. Still well within the realm of a last minute push.

Leaderboards: double kill! Yes, Skullgirls blasts past both the Tumblr fundraiser for Sandy repairs and the Angry Video Game Nerd Movie to take 18th place in the all-time most funded. Next target is $11,103 ahead, something about American guts.

Doors n scores: $327,941, an increase of $10,928 today. The average increase over the last five days has been $9843.4, so if that can be maintained, we are looking at an estimated final total of $524,809, or in other words a little over $75k below the requirement for the final character. Still well within the realm of a last minute push.

Leaderboards: double kill! Yes, Skullgirls blasts past both the Tumblr fundraiser for Sandy repairs and the Angry Video Game Nerd Movie to take 18th place in the all-time most funded. Next target is $11,103 ahead, something about American guts.

It really feels like there's gonna be a slow down, though. About half of the last 24 hours' funds came from one person. Seriously doubt that's gonna keep happening.

But hopefully the slowdown slows down . . . and there's a big push at the end.

Ravidrath

It really feels like there's gonna be a slow down, though. About half of the last 24 hours' funds came from one person. Seriously doubt that's gonna keep happening.

But hopefully the slowdown slows down . . . and there's a big push at the end.

We're still researching the "animation cels," and I think those will be a big hit if we can make them work out.

I want that digital art compendium but $100 is a lot. D:
They certainly offer a lot of other goodies before we even touch the compendium. Keep in mind that the money you contribute goes directly towards keeping them working. It's not just a plus for us.
We're still researching the "animation cels," and I think those will be a big hit if we can make them work out.
Absolutely

I finally got the chance to help with $30.

I just wanted to mention that it was a pretty good idea to offer a beta for the PC version, that's honestly one of my main motivations to contribute.

Top Bottom