• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yelp! My 3DS got allergic to wireless Internet!

NeoRausch

I got home from work, opened up my XL as usual and was greeted with a nice black screen of nothing.

I tried to turn it off. for that I had to hold the power button for a looooooong ass time and it finally turned complety off.

restarted the system. all SD- card stuff took longer than usual to load.
aaaan Boom! a general error-screen. no error code was given. turned off the system again and took out the SD card.

to make a long story short:

it wasn't the sd card. when I turn off WiFi before I start the system everything runs fine.
when I hit the Wi-Fi switch it tries to reconnect to my network. as soon as it connects I get the same message add mentioned before.

I restarted my router.... nothing.

I've tried to feed it pizza. didn't help... just smeard both screens with that.

any idea GAF? somebody else had that problem?

Maybe try to delete the wireless config or try in ds mode if it works.

Something similar happened to a friend of mine but with the ds games or anything related to ds mode.

Berordn

Yeah, sometimes these issues just randomly spring up and it's related to the DS firmware profile... for some reason. Try changing some settings in it (System Settings > Other Settings > Profile > Nintendo DS Profile) and see if that does anything.

If that's not it and you've already tried to obvious with the standard internet settings, your only option is sending it to Nintendo probably.

NeoRausch

Maybe try to delete the wireless config or try in ds mode if it works.

Something similar happened to a friend of mine but with the ds games or anything related to ds mode.

What kind of error are you getting? Did you try to make a new internet connection?

stupid thing is: I can't enter the settings for Wi-Fi when Wi-Fi is off. clever design there! or did I miss something?

You try sticking it in a bag of rice?

not yet. would that help. Rice-FI?

I would try to delete all the wireless settings (with the wireless switch off; you can still do this, I believe), and then try to set all connections up again. That should work (as I recall, my friend seem to have a similar problem, and I do believe he tried this, and it worked).

If you can enter the wifi mode in the menu try with a ds game that has wifi connection integrated to the game to enter the config mode.

That could work maybe.

CrisKre

This happened to me. Apparently the 3ds likes broadcast channel 1 or 8. So make sure you configure either one of those channels.

NeoRausch

This happened to me. Apparently the 3ds likes broadcast channel 1 or 8. So make sure you configure either one of those channels.

Hmmmm... even if it worked like a charm before.... foot years?

If you can enter the wifi mode in the menu try with a ds game that has wifi connection integrated to the game to enter the config mode.

That could work maybe.

huh... not a bad idea. gonna try that.

fernoca

Since the pizza didn't work...maybe a sledge hammer? I heard it works wonders on stuff.

Don't know what to say, that hasn't already been said. I did put mine on Channel 1 becuase randomly it stopped recognizing the signal. No problems since. So try with that if you haven't already. And always make sure that the wi-fi switch is turned to on. :p

NeoRausch

Since the pizza didn't work...maybe a sledge hammer? I heard it works wonders on stuff.

Don't know what to say, that hasn't already been said. I did put mine on Channel 1 becuase randomly it stopped recognizing the signal. No problems since. So try with that if you haven't already. And always make sure that the wi-fi switch is turned to on. :p

heh, gonna try that channel thing that was suggested here before. but for now I'm gonna hit the bed.

thanks for the good support GAF! :)

Turn off modem, router and wait for 30 seconds.
Turn back on the modem. Wait for 30 seconds.
Turn back on the router. Wait for 30 seconds.

I know you stated you restarted the router but perhaps your modem needs a restart as well (?).

goodluck

Top Bottom