• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Guy gets 10 dollar tip on $1400 order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brera

Banned
He must have done a shit job...or he gets an hour wage....a tip is optional.

edit: I'm a member of UKgaf. We don't tip!

Understandable that $10 is very little considering the order, but do you really expect $200+ worth of tip if we go by the 15% rule?

I don't know why but this is hilarious.

A regular 20% tip would be way overkill in my opinion. A hundred bucks at least would be fair though.

Acheron

Banned
Well if it's just the delivery guy it's not a 85x harder task than with one pizza. On the other hand I know tips are usually pooled by staff and more pizzas mean more work. So dick move.

Cue whining about whether 20% is fair, we just don't deserve a good thread.

tumblr_mexpafJ5851rouyxzo1_500.gif

Mully

$20-40.

Or if you don't like tipping you can go pick up $1400 worth of pizza yourself.

No, I overtip most of the time. I'm a bartender and I know what it feels like to get stiffed on a daily basis. I feel for the guy, but at this point I never expect a tip.

sant

Putting pizza boxes in your car and driving them to someone's house is insanely difficult, he should get a 400% tip.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
To be honest, I probably wouldn't give him a $250 dollar tip. Like maybe 50 bucks. $1400 in pizza doesn't even buy as much as you'd imagine since Pizza is overpriced anyways.

I tip pretty well, between 15%-20%. I never thought pizza guys got tipped based on order total like a normal restaraunt. I give my guy 5 dollars regardless of the order size and he's always super happy and thankful. Though, I've never ordered more than like 80-100 bucks in pizza before. For 1400 I would probably bust out 20-40.

So what?
A percentage based tip makes no when you're order thousand dollars worth of food.

10$ was a bit on the low side, but 20% would have been ridiculous.

Well that is how pizza delivery guys make their money. If they get there on time with your pizza in tact why not pay them for their job they did successfully?

No, that's how the wait staff makes their money. Pizza delivery is another beast altogether. People will mostly just said "keep the change buddy".

GMM

Banned
Fuck tipping, it's just a way for resturants to bully employees into getting paid less and dump it on the consumer.

TheNatural

My Member!
I feel bad, but at the same time, I think buying pizzas to deliver is ridiculously expensive.

That's why I just go pick it up myself.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Well that is how pizza delivery guys make their money. If they get there on time with your pizza in tact why not pay them for their job they did successfully?
They are paid an hourly wage, what sucks is they are not given money usually for gas.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I agree that percentage based tipping kind of stops being reasonable at a certain price level of the underlying good. That said, I still would have probably given him at least $50 since it probably took him 10 times as much effort to deliver that pizza order over a regular pizza order.

Dunk#7

You do realize that these people are payed to deliver pizza right?

Correct, but you can, and usually are, paid less than minimum wage because if you are receiving tips that is a legal practice.

I made $2.13 an hour when I worked at Outback Steakhouse

Anywhere from $100 to $300 would have been expected.

If you have the money to blow on pre-prepared food, you have to factor in service costs.

Brera

Banned
Why is this even news anyway?

People are dying in Africa and Pizza delivery boys are crying over tips?

Are they not paid by their employers?

I have never understood why tipping is obligatory. You make a poor wage? Take it up with your employer or speak to your government representative to increase minimum wage or find a better job. Don't compel customers to pay more than they have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom