• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D coming on May 24 (Euro)

Way sooner than I expected

gtErf7f.png

Seems we are getting lucky as well.

The US Nintendo Facebook account is now saying May 24th.

sakipon

I love fast releases! I'm perfectly fine with not knowing about games as early. This is the way to do it.

Wow, when they said "Summer", they actually meant "Early Summer". This might be a nice distraction before Animal Crossing, but I might still be knee deep in Fire Emblem at this point.

ROCK ON

Christ, next few weeks:
- Luigi/Monster Hunter

April:
- Fire Emblem

May:
DK, DONKY KONG!

JUNE:
ANIMAL CROSSING

/life

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Wow, when they said "Summer", they actually meant "Early Summer". This might be a nice distraction before Animal Crossing, but I might still be knee deep in Fire Emblem at this point.

JUNE:
ANIMAL CROSSING

/life

And probably something like July Mario Golf, August Mario & Luigi, or the opposite.
Not including things like Inazuma Eleven 3, Etrian Odyssey, Code of Princess, Project X Zone,etc.

MY GOD

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
3DS output putting Wii U to shame.

3rd year of the plattform, anything else would be surprising. 2013 is the year where the 3DS will probably "kill" the DS in the west - Animal Crossing and Pokemon will do it.

3DS output putting Wii U to shame.

I really think we'll see a one device Nintendo in the future. The tech isn't there just yet, but am pretty sure in 5 years or so we'll be able to see something close to the WiiU in a portable console. Might have to deal with losses to keep the price down but the 3DS is evidence enough that sometimes this effort is worth it.

Glass Rebel

Good, I was hoping this wouldn't be some kind of Fall/holiday title to fill out holes in their release schedule. Gives me hope for the second half of the year.

As for the game, I still have DKR for the Wii sitting here unfinished, might have to go back to it.

Sooner than expected, and nicely placed as well, I think May is completely empty for me on the gaming front.

It's great to see some sort of monthly momentum with these Nintendo releases on the 3DS after last year being a bit sparse.

javac

Amazing what you can do when you don't have to worry about the "designing an original game" part.

DKCR is good that all they have to do is port it over and its still worth the full price.

It probably took them time to decide whether or not to keep the shake to roll.

EVH

Good. Good.

Still haven't played Kid Icarus though:-/

You should. Funny, addicting, loads of content and with lots of replay value. Do not miss it because is one of the best games of 3DS and imo from last year.

Btw, guys, can you imagine that after DKCR comes a First Person Metroid from this people? :O We really need FPS in 3DS.

Ath

Excellent! That's a lot sooner than I thought. I never got round to getting the Wii version, but I'm here for this Day 1!

DR2K

Banned
You'd think this were a Vita thread seeing all the people excited about a port.

I'll give this game a second shot, hope I don't have to shake to roll.

rjc571

Banned
Already? I'll buy it if it's 60 fps, but it's probably not gonna be 60 fps so I'm probably not gonna buy it.

Velcro Fly

May looks pretty empty for NA so it may be coming out here at around the same time. Seems like Nintendo is wanting to put out at least one game per month that isn't complete shovelware at least for the 3DS. Leads me to believe that Dream Team and Mario Golf are probably July and August releases and that we'll get new announcements for the fall and winter at E3.

m0t0k1

You should. Funny, addicting, loads of content and with lots of replay value. Do not miss it because is one of the best games of 3DS and imo from last year.

Btw, guys, can you imagine that after DKCR comes a First Person Metroid from this people? :O We really need FPS in 3DS.

Yes i am very hyped letting monster games having a go at the metroid series. they get the arcade part down in their games hoping to see some fast paced metroid action from them.

Top Bottom