• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF Custom Model Contest #3 - Results |OT| - One Brick to Rule Them All

Status
Not open for further replies.
sjFTB.png

So the votes are counted and the results are in.

Top 10

1. :Motorbass
  2. Harry Potter
  3. Ironmask
  4. PalaceBrother
  5. Tempy
  6. neonglow
  7. Bakkuma371
  8. RichardAM
  9. Calm Killer
  10. FoxMcCloudDS
  11. Baka Zeitgeist

I'm sure we all had a tough time deciding what model to vote for, I know I did. High quality entries as usual, and a few new names in the top ten :)
Anyway congratulations :Motorbass third time's the charm :)

Prize Pool:
If you want to contribute to the Prize pool feel free. Any member can volunteer something for the prize pool if he or she so chooses, no obligation in any way. The final winner gets first dibs on one prize and that then continues down the line depending on the number of prizes.
Each prize is donated by a member in a certain country for free and no personal gain, and he or she will have to pay additional postage, so keep that in mind and perhaps choose a prize, whose generous giver is located in your country in order to minimize the postage cost.
No limits on what the prize could be, a LEGO set, a DVD or a cruise through the Mediterranean.

Current Generous Donors:
z3mCl0l.jpg
FliXFantatier - LEGO 31004 - Fierce Flyer
2x8vCjO.jpg
ghostmind - LEGO 30164 - Lex Luthor & LEGO 30211 - Urukhai
xVOpcGs.jpg
PhoncipleBone - LEGO 30250 - Ewar & LEGO 30111 - Harry Potter
xVOpcGs.jpg
R-User! - LEGO 30059 MTT & LEGO 30251 Winzar's Pack Patrol
xVOpcGs.jpg
whatsinaname - LEGO 9461 - The Swamp Creature

Past Generous and Glorious Donors:
UParjGb.jpg
FliXFantatier (2)
xVOpcGs.jpg
MisterNoisy (2)
yWydJFD.gif
nny
xVOpcGs.jpg
PhoncipleBone
rqyu4gu.jpg
RichardAM

Stats:
Number of Entries: 31
Number of Votes: 33
Total Points given: 330
Number of Posts in the original Thread: 231

Next Set:
We will have a little break before we continue full steam with the next contest:
The results of our little non-binding survey
31004 - Fierce Flyer - 8
31008 - Thunder Wings - 3
3065 - Olivia’s Tree House - 3
- 8x8 vignette - 2
- Transport Chopper - 2
41004 - Rehearsal Stage - 1
- polybag - 1
76004 - Spider-Man: Spider-Cycle Chase - 1

Also an overwhelming majority thinks minfigs should not be on display in the entry pictures.
16:5

Complete Ranking:
36 - 97 - :Motorbass - Boombox
35 - 18 - Harry Potter - Stove/oven with range
31 - 75 - Ironmask - Tractor
23 - 154 - PalaceBrother - Kermit
19 - 102 - Tempy - Creature From The Lime Green LEGOon
18 - 137 - neonglow - Green Upright Vacuum Cleaner
18 - 177 - Bakkuma371 - The Green Envy
16 - 179 - RichardAM - Baby Dragon
14 - 30 - Calm Killer - Storm Chaser
13 - 60 - FoxMcCloudDS - Camera (and a roll of film)
13 - 176 - Baka Zeitgeist - Master Chief's Helmet
11 - 204 - nny - Football Stadium
10 - 86 - Jassoneyu - XF - 2451 Walking Tank
9 - 126 - ruxtpin - Snakehead
9 - 202 - Steenbock - BeetleMech
8 - 95 - SillyEskimo - Praying Mantis
8 - 163 - FillerB - Royal Cyclopian Society's Mark III Walking Device
7 - 145 - ChaChaChaChia - Frog and Prey
6 - 72 - whatsinaname - Escape from Green City:Sector III
4 - 81 - PhoncipleBone - Brick-209
4 - 167 - R-User! - Turtle Terrorship
3 - 114 - Diggeh - The Powerhouse Mech!
3 - 133 - Torhthelm Tidwald - Galakhoth The All-Devouring
3 - 192 - robjoh - Death Race Car
2 - 48 - DrForester - Tron Cycle
2 - 142 - FliXFantatier - Tow Truck
2 - 159 - ghostmind - Cosmic Serpent
2 - 213 - NintendoGal - Transformer
1 - 160 - BentBricks - Micro Army
0 - 46 - Tedesco! - Surveillance/Johnny 5 Type Robot Drone Thing
0 - 66 - Winnie the Pimp - "Emerald Fortress" High Security Prison
0 - 140 - RepairmanJack - Mean Green Dragster

You used my frog image in place of PalaceBrother's Kermit....I got excited for a second when I saw my frog in that top ten :p

Great job everybody!

There were some pretty awesome entries this time. Good work everyone.

Who ever picks The Swamp Creature from the prize pool, just shoot me a PM and I will ship it out!

You used my frog image in place of PalaceBrother's Kermit....I got excited for a second when I saw my frog in that top ten :p

Great job everybody!

Awesome job everybody! This round was terrific. Great to see so many diverse ideas make it to the top 10.

ChaChaChaChia...seeing your entry again I think I subconsciously ripped off your idea for Kermit's eyes without realizing it. It was very clever.

Ironmask

good job everyone, i had a lot of problems on chosing wich moc to vote :p i really hope that we'll do another contest asap and share our ideas.

again, i had a lot of fun and enjoyed seeing the competition rising post after post!

good job everyone, i had a lot of problems on chosing wich moc to vote :p i really hope that we'll do another contest asap and share our ideas.

again, i had a lot of fun and enjoyed seeing the competition rising post after post!

Your tractor & farm equipment is the best thing I've seen out of these contests. Love it.

OH WOW! Thank you guys! I never thought that I would win this! There were so many great models!

So I get to pick the Fierce Flyers set as price? :] Would also make sense for the shipping. Thank you very much; I'll donate a prize for the next contest as well.

Ironmask

Your tractor & farm equipment is the best thing I've seen out of these contests. Love it.

OH WOW! Thank you guys! I never thought that I would win this! There were so many great models!

So I get to pick the Fierce Flyers set as price? :] Would also make sense for the shipping. Thank you very much; I'll donate a prize for the next contest as well.

Congrats for the awesome job you've done! You both deserved to be in the top 10, also this time the contest was very high and many good MOCs (robots especially) were left out of the charts.

Also thanks to FliXFantatier for the big effort on managing everything and making such a funny competition :)

p.s. My Fierce Flyer is ready for the next competition!

So there seems to be some confusion over the prizes and how they are distributed.
I would suggest that you all top five places just acknowledge your position and see when the people ahead of you choose something.

:Motorbass (fierce flyer)
Harry Potter
Ironmask
PalaceBrother
Tempy

so harry you're next, whats it going to be.

and once you have chosen, best to just send a pm to the prize giver in order to sort out shipping and the like.

R-User!

Congratulations everybody!

It's funny(read: interesting), sort of, that the 3 points I gave to Harry Potters' Stove were not enough to get you First Place (though safely second :) ) but my 1 point for Motorbass's Boombox was just enough to give him the win!!! Strange how voting works... :p

So, is it OFFICIAL that we are all going to choose the Fierce Flyer for the next set? Because if so, I would love to start, at my leisure, on my entry, being that I picked up the set in Feb... :)

And an edit: I do realize that a LOT of people voted for Boombox and Stove, and I'm not trying to act as though I'm special and no one else's votes made a difference, because everyone else's votes for Motor and Harry made a difference in the outcome too; I just wondered if I had voted for Motor or not and when I saw that I had, but that it was for 1 vote I kind of thought that that was funny because of how backwards it seemed, and wanted to share it here with you guys. But after posting my thoughts, and then getting curious and going through the other votes to see how close the vote really was, I noticed just how many people voted for both Motor and Harry too, and then I realized that the majority of the voters could lay claim to having the potential to make the difference between 1st and 2nd toggle as well, which brought me to the conclusion that my vote made a difference but no more or less than anyone else who voted for both of them. Edit done.

Congratulations everybody!

It's funny(read: interesting), sort of, that the 3 points I gave to Harry Potters' stove were not enough to get you First Place (though safely second :) ) but my 1 point for Motorbass's Boombox was just enough to give him the win!!! Strange how voting works... :p

So, is it OFFICIAL that we are all going to choose the Fierce Flyer for the next set? Because if so, I would love to start, at my leisure, on my entry, being that I picked up the set in Feb... :)

Ya, I would have got 1st place if I hadn't voted for :Motorbass :) It was the best entry IMO though. Had to give him/her my top vote.

It did get me wondering if the voting process should be private...

Ya, I would have got 1st place if I hadn't voted for :Motorbass :) It was the best entry IMO though. Had to give him/her my top vote.

You read my mind...I was just about to suggest this.

I suspect if we went with private voting we'd see a more diverse pool of entries getting voted on later in the game.

R-User!

Well, you never know who MIGHT play favorites at the end of the voting process and turn the tides in one persons favor over another, but I really doubt anyone here is trying to do anything other than have fun building unique things and then voting for their True Favorite creations. But, ideally i think, if there was a way that we could vote privately and then after the voting period is closed and the results are posted, THEN we could see who voted for who, then that might be the best way.

Side note: I regretted posting that I would donate a gift before realizing just how much it could cost to ship overseas, so next time I think we should allow people to decide for themselves what their dollar amount or geographical limitation is in advance of the deadline for voting, so that there is no one feeling worried about the cost-prohibited nature of shipping outside of their respective countries or financial comfort zones. :) Do any of you agree with this thinking?

Edit: and I edited my above post if anyone wants to see what I had to add to that post... :)

I also like the idea that was posited earlier about not posting the builds until the deadline. Maybe everyone upload them to image sites when done and PM Flix the link to them and the pics dont go live until voting.

Keep a nice air of mystery to it all. :)

Ironmask

I also like the idea that was posited earlier about not posting the builds until the deadline. Maybe everyone upload them to image sites when done and PM Flix the link to them and the pics dont go live until voting.

Keep a nice air of mystery to it all. :)

I agree, even if seeing everyday a different set posted on the thread gave you both pleasure and fear :p

As for my prize, i'll pass. I entered just for the fun and sharing some quality time with you guys.

edit: also ok for the secret voting

edit edit: hoooray for the fierce flyer!

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Lots of good entries this time around. Not enough points to give out!

I'll take Winzar, thanks :)

As for my prize, i'll pass. I entered just for the fun and sharing some quality time with you guys.

you cant do that, the places 6 and 7 are tied :p
anyway you deserve it!

phoncible, make sure he gets it ;p

:Motorbass (LEGO 31004 - Fierce Flyer )
Harry Potter (LEGO 9461 - The Swamp Creature)
Ironmask (LEGO 30250 - Ewar & LEGO 30111 - Harry Potter by default)
PalaceBrother (LEGO 30164 - Lex Luthor & LEGO 30211 - Urukhai)
Tempy (LEGO 30059 MTT & LEGO 30251 Winzar's Pack Patrol)

you cant do that, the places 6 and 7 are tied :p
anyway you deserve it!

phoncible, make sure he gets it ;p

:Motorbass (LEGO 31004 - Fierce Flyer )
Harry Potter (LEGO 9461 - The Swamp Creature)
Ironmask (LEGO 30250 - Ewar & LEGO 30111 - Harry Potter by default)
PalaceBrother (LEGO 30164 - Lex Luthor & LEGO 30211 - Urukhai)
Tempy (LEGO 30059 MTT & LEGO 30251 Winzar's Pack Patrol)

Gets what? No one claimed the Chima and HP stuff.

neonglow

1 spot from winning a prize! I actually voted for the 3 people in front of me. Anyways, I'm just happy people liked my MOC enough to vote for it.

When do you guys think the next contest should start? I'll start thinking on what to convert the Fierce Flyer into next.

mrkgoo

As is typical, Fierce Flyer doesn't seem to be available in NZ. Fortunately, not in NZ at the moment!

Picked up a fierce flyer, maybe as a gift. Maybe fur myself. I haven't decided yet.

As a kick in the teeth, they have the power mech here also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom