• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Routine will 100% support Oculus Rift!

"#Routine by @LunarSoftware will 100% support Oculus Rift!" http://bit.ly/15RkpYa #oculus #reddit

What's Routine?

Routine is a first person Survival Horror set on a abandoned Moon Base designed around an 80's vision of the future, Your job is to find enough data and survive long enough to uncover the truth behind the strange disappearance of everyone stationed on the Lunar Research Station.

Features:

•A non linear experience lets you explore any part of the fully open Moon base and find out secrets that other players may not!

•Be immersed with Full body awareness, Deadzone aiming, no HUD, no health bars or points system... you must run, hide and survive the best you can against what lurks in the base.

•There are no health packs or multiple lives, in Routine there is a Perma death system that will keep you on the edge!

•Multiple endings based on what actions you take.

•Lunar Software is an independent development team of 3 with sound and music from Mick Gordon. Routine is our first title that uses Unreal Engine 3, looking to release early 2013 for PC and MAC.

•We are also looking to implement the Oculus Rift at launch, as we really believe that this horror experience will really make the most out of the headset!

You can always find out more from these places below:

•Game site: www.routinegame.com
•Company site: www.lunar-software.com
•Twitter: @lunarsoftware

qRdPV.jpg

06toO.jpg

5F7oP.jpg

1zKpF.jpg

JWN5f.jpg

Steam Greenlight Page (already greenlight of course)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92985806

Here's the original GAF thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=41042276

I will buy Oculus Rift for this game!

Enk

makes good threads.
I've been very much looking forward to this game. Now even more so! Seems like the type of game I'd really want to experience in VR.

nickp

Neo Member
Excellent! The guys at Lunar Software are awesome people. So glad to see more games like this coming out.

Blizzard

Banned
It sounds like they will still have to do the implementation, and hopefully they don't run into problems there...but that said, it looks like a great fit for the Rift. Good luck to them!

(if there are any sort of jump scares, I will also probably be too terrified to ever play this game :p)

YES! I had forgotten about this game. I can't wait to have more games start supporting the Oculus Rift. Should be quite the experience, especially for horror games.

Orayn

Very excited for Routine. Emergent gameplay and permadeath are two things I like a lot.

Why does Oculus Rift need any kind of support at all?

It's got self-esteem issues, man, don't make things worse.

Serious answer: It requires stereoscopic 3D support, modifications to the FoV and aspect ratio, and a different camera/aiming system if you want to do head tracking.

Grayman

It sounds like a really interesting game. I could see Permadeath working ok in a less random world if it was big enough and had some timing elements.

It sounds like they will still have to do the implementation, and hopefully they don't run into problems there...but that said, it looks like a great fit for the Rift. Good luck to them!

(if there are any sort of jump scares, I will also probably be too terrified to ever play this game :p)

it gives new meaning to jump scare when the game makes someone flinch off their chairs

Top Bottom