• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports Executive Vice President sells all stock after major EA stock surge

EA Sports Executive Vice President Sells All Stock
More than $687,000 earned from 32,085 shares.
by Andrew Goldfarb MAY 10, 2013

EA Sports executive vice president Andrew Wilson has let go of all of his stock in the company. According to an SEC filing from EA, Wilson sold all 32,085 shares of his stock at a share price of $21.42, earning roughly $687,000.

The news comes following a jump in EA’s stock this week after the company announced it had acquired the exclusive rights to publish Star Wars games. EA announced in an earnings report on Tuesday that it earned $3.797 billion in net revenue for the 2013 fiscal year, up $419 million compared to last year.

Wilson has not announced any plans to leave EA at this time, and we’ve reached out for more information about his decision to sell stock. For more from Wilson, read our interview about EA Sports from last year.
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/10/ea-sports-executive-vice-president-sells-all-stock

MoeB

uh oh.
+for+vacation%252B%252B%252B.jpg

iamvin22

Industry Verified
i would have too. i remember when my EA stock use to be $41.00. i ended up getting rid of it at $9 ;(

bro1

Banned
Execs sell stock all the time. Hell, one vp at my old company right before they were acquired by IBM. He didn't know about the acquisition and lost out on a ton of money.

Jezbollah

It's not the selling the people should be interested in.

It's any amount of buying of shares leading up to the announcement that is possible news.

;)

Honestly, does anyone think the video game companies are going to be doing better than they are right now in a few years? I would sell too. Most game stocks have stagnated or gone down in recent years. If you get a bump and don't see it staying there or getting any better, might as well sell it off.

Double D

Moore got the ceo position, he didn't get promoted? As such, he's going elsewhere?

Did Moore get it the position? I was on vacation for a bit there so I may have missed something but don't remember anyone being appointed CEO yet. I googled and all that comes up are some articles talking about him being the CEO but I thought he was the COO?

Smart move. He's obviously figured out that EA'$ bullying of Nintendo and not supporting the wii u is going to kill their profits very soon. Nobody fucks with Nintendo and survives.

Rawker

Smart, EA will have to invest in next gen development which means less profit for their games over the next 3 years until the user bases become something substantial enough to start turning a decent profit.

DTKT

Smart, EA will have to invest in next gen development which means less profit for their games over the next 3 years until the user bases become something substantial enough to start turning a decent profit.

Not when they are still releasing current-gen and also porting them to next-gen.

Rawker

Not when they are still releasing current-gen and also porting them to next-gen.

I guess, but the initial investment for new engines and extra time learning to develop for new hardware and learning how far they can go with the art assets don't get reimbursed. It's all an investment, but remember that releasing on more consoles requires more man hours which means less profit.

Bailing out before something happens?

Really looking forward to EA finally revealing there next gen plans this E3 (or sooner). This makes me more intrigued.

Top Bottom