• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that we know....which system(s) will you be buying next gen?

Knoxcore

Sony could still mess up their roll out with multiplayer fees, used games fees, ridiculously high price. Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for the PS4.

etrain911

Gaming laptop, PS4 and the 3DS. Although to be fair, I've owned every Sony console since the psone so at this point it was kind of a given.

Boerseun

Banned
NEXT GEN = Wii U (because Nintendo) + OUYA (looks interesting) + PC (for everything else)

Two horribly incompetent console reveals by Sony and MS means I'm done with them until further notice.

I have a PC so I'm good for a few years. But at this point, I'm leaning toward the PS4. Didn't see enough out of X1's reveal to keep me hooked. The X1 v. PS4 debate, for me, was much, much closer before I found out about all of these paywalls and restrictions on used and shared titles.

Seik

Banned
I already have a WiiU and I plan on buying a PS4, that if they don't fuck up like M$ and their offline passes.

Seriously, that shit is twisted.

FirewalkR

PS4 and PC (my 580 should be ok for a while) at least.

I'd wager the Xbox will have quite a few different versions, with the most complete being quite expensive... just have to wait and see.

VALIS

More PC games!

The PS4 looks like an Xbox Me Too just like the PS3 was. It's been a decade since Sony used to make a lot of unique games like Jak, Sly, Ratchet, Ico, etc., now it's all first person shooters and narrow path adventure games. Boring.

New Xbox has a lot of shit I couldn't care less about. I think the design is fuckin' gorgeous, but the rest of it seems like a lot of fluff I don't really need or want.

....New Company of Heroes in a few weeks! Woo!

Sayah

I will no doubt get a Wii U as soon as Smash 4 launches.

PS4 whenever there's a Kingdom Hearts 3, Dark Souls 3 or Tekken 7 released.

Hypron

I'll probably get the PS4 at some point. Anyway I won't have money until after the consoles get released so I'll have time to see which one will get the best exclusives.

The Wii-u is not even on my radar. My old ass PC is more powerful than one.

Hex

Banned
I seriously thought that MS was going to pull a last minute end run when I started hearing the news the last couple of days and they would secure FIFA as an exclusve and if they did nothing else would have mattered.
But no. Not only that they managed to seriously bore the living shit out of me at the moment so unless money hats are flying and E3 has bombs dropping like never seen before, not only is PS4 the first and primary on my list it will be the only on my list until something changes in the path of the XOne.

(Along with the new PC I just built of course- PCs are eternal)

awm8604

Banned
Have a Wii U and will buy a PS4 if there's no restrictive bullshit like on the Xbox One.

Will never buy an Xbox One.

Already have a Wii U, 3DS, and Vita.

Will buy a PS4 from what I've seen. I cancelled my Xbox Live subscription about 3 months ago (after 8 years of service).

Krilekk

Banned
Gonna spend 1.5 K on a nice gaming PC at the end of the year. Would've spend the same amount for console and games on Xbox but not without BC on a weak system with features that don't even work in my country. And all that should be needed for voice controls is ... well not a Kinect, just a microphone.

I never felt the urge to switch between TV and gaming. I game or I watch TV. And my TV is already Skype-enabled. So fellow 1.8 TFlop console gamers, you're gonna bow to my 7 TFlop rig.

Loonz

I'll wait 'til they announce price schemes and launch games. Being european though... I think I'll be somehow forced towards the PS4, as the MS console seems very heavily slanted to american gamers. I wish I have to doubt between them, love competition.

Quite likely PS4 + WiiU + 3DS
No BC on Xbox1 gives me zero reason for staying with MS and the Xbox1 does at this moment not impress me at all.

Ryoku

In this thread: Wii U finally accepted by majority of GAF as a gen-8 console :p

I'll get a Wii U once the interesting games trickle out. Maybe a PS4, doubt it. I have my PC which I will be upgrading once GTX800 series comes out. I may snag a GTX780.

Though I don't include handhelds alongside home consoles when it comes to generations, I'll be getting a 3DS sometime this year before Pokemon releases.

Fjordson

PS4 I think. Too early at the moment for me to say for sure that what I'm getting, but the PS4 sounds much more appealing so far.

SerRodrik

I'll probably stick with my PC and pick up a 3DS, since that seems to be where the games I'm most interested in are concentrated. I'll probably pick up a Wii U in a couple of years when the price drops and there are a few more first party games out for it.

It's possible I might pick up a PS3 at some point depending on the games that don't come out for PC, but at this point I have no interest in the Xbox One.

Got a Wii U, will add a gaming PC or PS3. It's questionable as to whether the Xbox One is truly "next-gen", what with its AA batteries and ridiculously oversized webcam.

Top Bottom