• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One: Power Brick revealed

pxleyes

Banned
The most exciting accessory of the new Xbox was shown in the newly released videos by Wired. In the middle of the table sits the brick, snuck in amongst the many prototypes of controllers, consoles, and Kinects. It has a distinctly different shape from the new Kinect box, but the styling fully matches the new console. The first photo shows the female 3-prong 120v port on the one side of the brick.

dDGBpTj.png

Sitting right in the middle of the table is the brick. Notice the female 3-prong connector. (at -2:18)

yPNDgek.png

A couple other angles. The distinct 2-tone styling is duplicated on the brick. (at -1:59 and -1:45)

Wired article: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/05/xbox-one/

pxleyes

Banned
Bingo...some serious witch hunting going on since the reveal

I wasn't witch hunting. It just stuck out to me in the video. Most of the other prototypes at least lend some of their shape to how they look in final form. That box definitely doesn't.

Guevara

The 360 power brick was super picky. It wouldn't work in a power strip, only directly to the wall. Hope that's not the case again.

Jesus christ. GAF is like a fucking middle school today spreading rumors with total disregard. That's a table full of PROTOTYPES.

Pallad1um

This console is massive on all aspects... it will have problems on all markets except the american (and even there...).

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
They already said the power supply is built in.
Polygon is saying it has a brick.

According to Ledbetter, Microsoft's internal design hardware team for Xbox 360 was two people, while now that group has 27 people to work on details like creating a functional venting design on the right side of the console and creating consistency between the box, the controller, Kinect, the power brick, the retail packaging and the on-screen menus. Each was designed with simplicity in mind, such as how much of the new Kinect's technology is now hidden behind a panel in front.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4352870/xbox-one-design

UFRA

I'm not even an Xbox guy, but this thread should be locked because it's BS.

Edit: shyamalantwist.gif OR maybe the comments that the brick was built in was BS??

I don't know what to believe

Dragon

Banned
Jesus christ. GAF is like a fucking middle school today spreading rumors with total disregard. That's a table full of PROTOTYPES.

This isn't totally GAF's fault. There's been a shitstorm of misinformation and failure by MS/Gaming press to actually confirm these reports. Between this and the used games report, who the hell knows what's going on?

I really do love the early days of a console announcement, when even the power-brick (or lack thereof) can be a source of debate. This is gonna be one of the best E3s in years!

Jeez, if I were to get the Xbox One, with the weight of the TV Adapter-thing, console, Kinect & Power cinder block, my desk would collapse into itself.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The opened system picture I saw on wired looked devoid of an internal power supply. Maybe I didn't look closely enough.

Edit: someone posted it above.

Top Bottom