• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Luigi U Official Overview Trailer (JP)

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/arsj/index.html#Video

No new information, but some new footage in their I believe (dat Baby Bowser fight?)

DD Release: June 19th (JP), June 20th (US), June 20th (UK)
Retail: July 13th (JP), August 25th (US), July 26th (UK)
Download size: 1.5GB

82 brand new courses, same world map as NSMBU.
No Mario appears, is replaced by Nabbit in multiplayer, who cannot be harmed by enemies, but cannot use power-ups.
Power-ups are the same as NSMBU

Each level starts with 100 seconds on the clock. Luigi physics (jumping, breaking) return.

Luigi.jpg

In-game store requires patch that also adds pro-controller support to NSMBU.

Riposte

year of luweesy lets go

I hope this is harder from the start. I want the team to get a little devilish. I like that you only have 100 seconds, but they made it sound like stages will be shorter to fit that.

CaVaYeRo

If we're four, and wanna play without the Nabbit special abilities, WHO will be 4th?

Also: yay @ item-changing play icon ^^

CaVaYeRo

B-but, that doesn't make sense. What if we're 4 super hardcore EXPERTS?

"Play Cloudberry Kingdom instead" is not an answer

tsab

In-game store requires patch that also adds pro-controller support to NSMBU

ΥΕΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΗ
even though I don't have a WiiU pro controller, but gaffers will be happy.

Goldmund

This is looking really good. Since the accent lies on speed (or not stopping), my fear that the levels would be shorter to match the time limit has been assuaged.

Roo

sooo if you buy this retail does it come with New Super Mario Bros U or just the luigi part of the game?

Just the Luigi game.
If you already have NSMBU there will be an update that allows you to purchase the Luigi DLC through the game. You don't need to go to the eShop.

The best part is that you don't need NSMBU at all to play NSLU

Goldmund

Just the Luigi game.
If you already have NSMBU there will be an update that allows you to purchase the Luigi DLC through the game. You don't need to go to the eShop.

The best part is that you don't need NSMBU at all to play NSLU
It's still such a strange proposition to me. Why would you pass on the original and then play the DLC? The only reason I can think of is the inclusion of Nabbit so frustration on your offspring's part is no longer a concern.

It's still such a strange proposition to me. Why would you pass on the original and then play the DLC? The only reason I can think of is the inclusion of Nabbit so frustration on your offspring's part is no longer a concern.

I dunno about the West, but in the Japanese stuff they've talked about it being for people who don't have their Wii U's online too.

kitsuneyo

So the DLC will cost ¥2,000, which is about £13 or $20. That's a fair price.

Is this gonna be harder or easier than Mario U? Luigi has that longer jump and all...

Top Bottom