• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 - 64 players and 60FPS confirmed for Xbox One, PS4

RoKKeR

From the official, Battlefield 4 pre-order page:

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/xbox-one?utm_source=Battlelog&utm_medium=PreorderBf4

KEY FEATURES

* Only in Battlefield can you experience Levolution on the Xbox One, changing the landscape in real-time with interactive environments that react to your every move to ensure no two matches are alike.

* Only in Battlefield will you find the awe-inspiring power of the next generation Frostbite™ 3 engine, delivering unmatched visual and audio fidelity, superior character animations and dynamic destruction running at a smooth 60 frames-per-second.

* Only in Battlefield can you experience an unmatched level of all-out war that grants you the freedom to play to your strengths and your own patch to victory with up to 64 players online.

* Only in Battlefield do you have the power to dominate land, air and sea with all-new, intense water-based vehicle combat on the Xbox One.

* Only in Battlefield will you lead your squad in Commander Mode, which lets you take point and turn the tide of battle from both the edge of your seat or on the go with your tablet.

While this is only the Xbox One product page, I imagine they'll update the PS4 one after tonight's conference.

Fantastic news, Battlefield should have a large presence on next gen this fall.

Honestly, if it's 720p in order to get these visuals/framerate on XB1/PS4 then I'll take it. I thought the SP demo at the MS conference looked awesome.

I htought that was the PC version they showed? That Battlelog icon in the upper right hand corner looked like it confirmed the PC version

Bumhead

Banned
I struggled to see how it looked any different to Battlefield 3 on PC.

I'm not saying that to be pissy, and if you only played BF3 on console then the jump is huge, but having played BF3 on PC at high settings and 1080p/60fps I was struggling to notice any huge jump to BF4.

Too many players and the maps become unplayable 64 in the past has proven to be a good balance.

+

This whole notion of more players = better is so misguided. Sure, if the maps are balanced that way, but DICE never does this. Every large map in BF3 is geared towards 32p. The smaller maps, like CQ, 24 players. Any more than this and you might as well be playing Call of Duty.

Respawn

Banned
Digital Foundry I need you on this after tonight.

I forgot who it was telling me about the f'ing cloud will give Microsoft an edge with players online. Had to set him straight and I was right.

Deadbeat

Banned
Too many players and the maps become unplayable 64 in the past has proven to be a good balance.
Then dont play on servers with 128 players. Let the rest of us enjoy the carnage.

Its like the people that bitch about Metro 64 players. Fuck off and go elsewhere. You arent forced to play there.

PTG

I think when it says, "up to 64 players" they're referring to PC having 64 player multiplayer and not consoles.

King_Moc

Banned
If Killzone was 30fps at 1080p, then from the looks of this it would need to be 720p. Also, they'd have made that a bullet point.

64 is too many on most maps, but 24 isn't quite enough either. 32-48 is the sweet spot for me. They may have made the maps bigger though.

Perhaps with three platforms having 64 players this time, they'll gravitate to larger maps more so than BF3 did.

It looked incredible, I thought it was a nice step up from from BF3. 60 fps was a total surprise for me, honestly. I'm perfectly fine with 30, either way. Just didn't expect that for consoles. And Halo is 60 as well? If these games are 1080p too then consoles have really closed the gap.

Smash88

Banned
While it is great, I want to know how much they will lower the graphical settings on the PS4/Xbone in order to achieve this at 720p?

Top Bottom