• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sorry, Drive Club is the worst looking Sony exclusive.

Vire

Bad framerate, pop in everywhere, foliage looks like ass, very unpolished looking:

High quality vid from showfloor:

http://gamersyde.com/news_e3_two_videos_of_driveclub-14226_en.html

Cockpit View

External View

1080P Offscreen Youtube.

Very disappointing, and now the whole "it's free with PSN" is starting to make sense. So far I'd definitely would give the edge to Forza.

The screenshots released a while back are not indicative of what the game actually plays like. Infamous/Killzone poop all over this.

sTeLioSco

Banned
wait for finished version....

the studio has skills. the game even has night racing that forza didn't bother doing....

~~Hasan~~

Bad framerate, pop in everywhere, foliage looks like ass, very unpolished looking:

High quality vid from showfloor:

Cockpit View

External View

Very disappointing, and now the whole "it's free with PSN" is starting to make sense. So far I'd definitely would give the edge to Forza.

i am not sure what to say. its the only game comparing to Forza.. and on a system that should be more powerful. makes me wonder where is all that extra power ?

It isn't the final build.

It's the same with Forza 5. People are reporting that the physics are pretty bad. But are being told that it's not final.

JoeFenix

Yeah, surprised at how poor it looked visually compared to the trailers. GT6 is MUCH better looking and that's on PS3....

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Peoples jobs and all that, but Sony closed the wrong UK studio.

No Wipeout for PS4 launch feels weird. This being wobbled about while GT6 is coming out at the same time makes it feel even weirder.

derFeef

i am not sure what to say. its the only game comparing to Forza.. and on a system that should be more powerful. makes me wonder where is all that extra power ?

Turn 10 is a developer with years of experience making racing games. It's a bit unfair to compare the games imho. I really like the lighting in Driveclub but I am not sold on the concept at all.

nib95

Banned
Based on the few gameplay vids I've seen, it's not blowing me away graphically. Neither is Knack tbh. Killzone SF and Infamous SS however, supremely impressive.

Paradicia

Peoples jobs and all that, but Sony closed the wrong UK studio.

No Wipeout for PS4 launch feels weird. This being wobbled about while GT6 is coming out at the same time makes it feel even weirder.

Wipeout Next gen would of been amazing. This seems very bland in comparison to what could have been.

Not sure if I care for the social-features focus.

I'm not much into driving games, but I love me some Burnout, and will likely go with the Crew.

Where is my next gen Wipeout, and Stardust, for that matter?

Vire

Turn 10 is a developer with years of experience making racing games. It's a bit unfair to compare the games imho. I really like the lighting in Driveclub but I am not sold on the concept at all.

Evolution has years of experience with racing games as well? Motorstorm ring a bell?

I didn't particularly like those games, but I had hope for Driveclub since it reminded me of PGR and I'd like a good racer for launch.

Servbot24

Banned
It strikes me as a game that is coming out just so there is a racing game at launch. Basically the Ridge Racer of this gen, but this one is going for a different angle.

Raist

Banned

Evolution has been making racing games for longer than Turn 10.

Duxxy3

Apparently only "35% finished", which is also a worrying fact.

But I agree, weakest launch title.

A 35% game made by sony will be out in 4 or 5 months.

An 80% square enix game should be out sometime in late 2014, maybe.

GT6 looks better than Forza 5 and DriveClub.

Which is why I will repeat myself. How does Sony and MS allow a PS3 game to outshine their next gen consoles racing games?

Blows my mind. WTF have they been doing for the last 3 years. Did next gen sneak up on them?

nib95

Banned
Wasn't even hyped by it. The Crew looks much better.

Graphically NFS easily looked the best out of the racers shown so far imo. Looked like it was running on the PS4 as well which bodes well.

Crew had similar AA and AF issues. Textures weren't as high quality either.

GT6 also really impressed, which is funny.

gogogow

Wait. What?! Evolution Studios has been making racing games since the start of the PS2 era, with WRC series.

Mr-Joker

Banned
What I don't get is why Sony is creating another racing series when they have the Grand Turismo series.

What is it about Drive Club that sets it apart from the Grand Turismo series?

Gestault

It isn't the final build.

It's the same with Forza 5. People are reporting that the physics are pretty bad. But are being told that it's not final.

Yeah, if you look at the rear-view mirror in the (otherwise gorgeous) Forza 5 gameplay footage, you can see some weird, fairly dramatic environmental pop-up. I think it's too early to jump on this kind of stuff. I'll happily lay into these titles once they're on the market.

How interesting.
gT2O9uG.png

PS: Is all you ever do complain about graphics? Serious question.

VanWinkle

It doesn't look great, I have to admit. It looks nice, and I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt since it's unfinished, but it certainly doesn't WOW me.

Elios83

Would be ironic if GT6 is the most polished and content packed racing game this year.
Btw I think the graphics are great and the lighting really natural but I was disappointed by the car phisics and lack of damage. It looks like a generic racing game.
Still I'll get it through Plus, so I'll still try it.

DBT85

Are people comparing gameplay from Forza5 and DriveClub to replay from GT6? or actual gameplay from GT6?

Pikma

Banned
That's one of the reasons they're giving it away (even though it'll probably be a stripped-down version) for free on day one.

I think that title has to go to Knack, personally.

Drive Club is looking rough around the edges but it does have some impressive lighting and locales.

Still, the difference between these two games and the graphics Killzone: SF is putting out is night-and-day.

The Jason

They need to adjust the lighting, everything looks too washed out. Car models and environments are good. Hopefully they can fix it

Top Bottom